OT: - Boeheim Bashing Akinjo | The Boneyard

OT: Boeheim Bashing Akinjo

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Jim Boeheim bashing players. A tradition like no other.

More a defense of Patrick Ewing. Georgetown’s success is important for the BE. Boeheim is helping Ewing which is helping Georgetown which is helping the BE which is helping UConn. Bashing a player is the one negative.

4>1

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
More a defense of Patrick Ewing. Georgetown’s success is important for the BE. Boeheim is helping Ewing which is helping Georgetown which is helping the BE which is helping UConn. Bashing a player is the one negative.

4>1
Joking ? Why is Boeheim interested in helping the Big East?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Joking ? Why is Boeheim interested in helping the Big East?
Of course joking. But intentionally or unintentionally his comments helps Ewing. That along with Georgetown’s winning is important for the BE and by extension UConn.

The last thing UConn needed going into the BE next year is a severely hemorrhaging Georgetown. Boeheim gives credibility to Ewing and national attention to the situation. Ewing just got a recruiting boost.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Of course joking. But intentionally or unintentionally his comments helps Ewing. That along with Georgetown’s winning is important for the BE and by extension UConn.

The last thing UConn needed going into the BE next year is a severely hemorrhaging Georgetown. Boeheim gives credibility to Ewing and national attention to the situation. Ewing just got a recruiting boost.
I’d rather he give us a recruiting boost. Oops, I almost forgot AJ. Thanks Jimmy B.

BTW, someone I’m very close to works at another university in Syracuse with an office literally within a broad jump of the back side of the Dome.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I’d rather he give us a recruiting boost. Oops, I almost forgot AJ. Thanks Jimmy B.

BTW, someone I’m very close to works at another university in Syracuse with an office literally within a broad jump of the back side of the Dome.
Have him encourage Boeheim to coach at Syracuse for another twenty years.

Reaction Score
Back in the Ewing years, everyone(almost)hated Georgetown. To me, from my perspective, race was an element. Remember John Thompson played with Bill Russell. There were fans holding signs saying "Patrick can't read" because he had requests when being recruited for a tutor and other such things. (sounds like he wanted to go to class and do well in school). Georgetown also went a few years with no white players although they did recruit them. Anyone, Ewing has turned out to be a pretty decent guy. Learning initially under JT, I would imagine he is hard on his players. Many of todays kids won't go for that. I wish him success against everyone but UConn.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
A lot of what JB is saying here is accurate. But its idiotic to say this publicly. Teams are going to have a field day negatively recruiting against him the next few years with quotes like these.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Back in the Ewing years, everyone(almost)hated Georgetown. To me, from my perspective, race was an element. Remember John Thompson played with Bill Russell. There were fans holding signs saying "Patrick can't read" because he had requests when being recruited for a tutor and other such things. (sounds like he wanted to go to class and do well in school). Georgetown also went a few years with no white players although they did recruit them. Anyone, Ewing has turned out to be a pretty decent guy. Learning initially under JT, I would imagine he is hard on his players. Many of todays kids won't go for that. I wish him success against everyone but UConn.

Had a bunch of Villanova fans in family. So of course I like G'town. Loved me some Reggie Williams and David Wingate.

Reaction Score
Had a bunch of Villanova fans in family. So of course I like G'town. Loved me some Reggie Williams and David Wingate.
Oh how we hated Nova. They just kept getting Connecticut players and beating us. Pinone, Pressley, Smythe....remember one BE tournament game. Uconn was down 18-2 in the first half. Huskies came all the way back to tie it at the half(wanna say 18 all. But alas, Nova won,

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Boeheim sticking up for JT and family. I think Akinjo leaving is bizarre. I mean Ewing flew out to Oakland immediately after Akinjo decommitted from us. He was the only coach there. Musta been some real ish that went down between the two.

Last, I wonder whether the public would have ever gotten wind of the allegations under Coach Thompson?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Syracuse’s primary 2021 target is this 4 star TTO wing Benny Williams. Long, can score on three levels. Offers include a lot of the same schools we’ve been competing with as of late Cuse, UF, Seton Hall, GTown. We graduate Polley that year. Surprised we haven’t offered @UConnStats @Storrs South

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Syracuse’s primary 2021 target is this 4 star TTO wing Benny Williams. Long, can score on three levels. Offers include a lot of the same schools we’ve been competing with as of late Cuse, UF, Seton Hall, GTown. We graduate Polley that year. Surprised we haven’t offered @UConnStats @Storrs South

This kid has good size and good touch, why not?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I've been wanting to tell you I'm sorry your wife has reached the stage of needing in home hospice care. You are a prince for being by her side under these difficult circumstances.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If people weren't so sensitive people we'd hear coaches speak the truth much more often. Nothing that Boeheim said was untrue.

Reaction Score
Akinjo was/ is a lot like AG. A little quicker with a better handle but not a great shooter and would try to do too much.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A lot of what JB is saying here is accurate. But its idiotic to say this publicly. Teams are going to have a field day negatively recruiting against him the next few years with quotes like these.
Nothing what The Picker said was true at all. Gtown is no where better without Akinjo. JB thinks he is doing Ewing a favor a nd that is stupid. Ewing is to Gtown as JC is to UConn times 3. The Picker is starting to lose his mind and it is showing through his words all year. This Syracuse team couldn't beat Gtown before or now - I wouldn't doubt it if Cuse wins less than 4 ACC games this year
And this is not from a so sensitive perspective as per polycom - it comes from watching Akinjo play many times - maybe those who want to think what the Picker says as being true comes at that via a bias because Akinjo was a KO recruit

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nothing what The Picker said was true at all. Gtown is no where better without Akinjo. JB thinks he is doing Ewing a favor a nd that is stupid. Ewing is to Gtown as JC is to UConn times 3. The Picker is starting to lose his mind and it is showing through his words all year. This Syracuse team couldn't beat Gtown before or now - I wouldn't doubt it if Cuse wins less than 4 ACC games this year
And this is not from a so sensitive perspective as per polycom - it comes from watching Akinjo play many times - maybe those who want to think what the Picker says as being true comes at that via a bias because Akinjo was a KO recruit
I’m not sure if it’s him trying to do Ewing a favor or like you said more him just losing his mind and making excuses for a loss. Maybe he should focus more on his own team than criticizing another player on another team jacking up shots (I mean, just look at his own sons stats...)

Reaction Score
Thank you. Don't know you, but I appreciate you. It has been a journey, to say the least.
Prayers to you and your wife...and Kudos to you for being a stellar example of a true lifetime partner. Did your neighbor ever display some compassion after being called out on local TV?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom