Bobby Knight | The Boneyard

Bobby Knight

Reaction Score
Throwing the chair across the court . I believe it was in the Olympics. Controversial but good coach.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was just getting ready to start a thread on this.
Put me down for July 2020 on his tombstone.

Buried face down, as per his request, so everyone can kiss his ass.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Throwing the chair across the court . I believe it was in the Olympics. Controversial but good coach.

Not the Olympics. It was an exhibition game between Soviets and Indiana. Pretty sure it was at Assembly Hall. Good Lawd 80's were full of great character coaches- Bobby, JT, Louie, Guy, Rollie, etc. JC was almost 10 years behind his peers. Imagine if he started at UConn in '79.

Reaction Score
He threw the chair at Assembly Hall during an IU. He did coach the Olympic team in 1984 I think. Knight was a great coach. Gave some advice to JC once. Told him if you could be the coach at a school “university of” a state then strongly consider it because if you were successful you’d have the whole place behind you. JC obviously took that advice and thrived! For coaches of a certain generation, Knight was THE guy.

Reaction Score
The exchange with dick vital was so awkward. I still don't know what to think other than I felt bad for Dickie V.
I thought you must be exaggerating but no. There's something really really wrong with that guy. That wasn't in the least bit playful, so goshdarn disrespectful to Vitale.

Westside Jeff on Twitter: "A very special moment as Bobby Knight returns to Assembly Hall for the first time in decades. I.U. nation celebrates. And he's still got the fire. Starting the "Defense" chant. #bobknight https://post original url/pBl3udKO2S" / Twitter

Reaction Score
I was shocked to see how much he aged. It was a tough watch as I was quite shocked. Nice to see him be able to have one more walk thru assembly hall the fans thought this was a long time coming..
I said the same thing. Holy cow. He has slowed down quite a bit. Almost looked as if he had someone holding onto him to help him get around.

Reaction Score
Not the Olympics. It was an exhibition game between Soviets and Indiana. Pretty sure it was at Assembly Hall. Good Lawd 80's were full of great character coaches- Bobby, JT, Louie, Guy, Rollie, etc. JC was almost 10 years behind his peers. Imagine if he started at UConn in '79.
Threw it during a game against Purdue in 1985.

Reaction Score
I thought you must be exaggerating but no. There's something really really wrong with that guy. That wasn't in the least bit playful, so goshdarn disrespectful to Vitale.

Westside Jeff on Twitter: "A very special moment as Bobby Knight returns to Assembly Hall for the first time in decades. I.U. nation celebrates. And he's still got the fire. Starting the "Defense" chant. #bobknight https://post original url/pBl3udKO2S" / Twitter

I never liked the guy And this just reconfirm's after years removed from basketball I still don't like the guy.

Reaction Score
He helped put T-Tech back on the map and Knight School was very good.

Reaction Score
No doubt he was a ragin , but can't deny the brilliant b-ball mind.

Reaction Score
I was shocked to see how much he aged. It was a tough watch as I was quite shocked. Nice to see him be able to have one more walk thru assembly hall the fans thought this was a long time coming..
I mean not too many people are kicking ass at at 79.

but this is some sad stuff... dementia catching up... this was a year ago

“On February 27, 2019, Don Fischer, who has been a radio announcer for IU sports for many years, said during an interview that Knight was in ill health. He continued by saying Knight’s health “has declined,” but did not offer any specifics.[35]

“On April 4th 2019 Knight made his first public appearance since Fischer made his comments. He appeared with longtime friend and journalist Bob Hammel and spoke about different aspects of his career. During the presentation, Knight seemed to struggle with his memory: he re-introduced his wife to the audience after doing so only 10 minutes earlier, he mistakenly said that former IU basketball player Landon Turner had died, and, after telling a story about Michael Jordan, he later told the same story, replacing Jordan with former IU basketball player Damon Bailey. [36]

Reaction Score
I said the same thing. Holy cow. He has slowed down quite a bit. Almost looked as if he had someone holding onto him to help him get around.
Yeah he was hanging on to Isaiah Thomas for dear life

this is dementia, folks

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Gave some advice to JC once. Told him if you could be the coach at a school “university of” a state then strongly consider it because if you were successful you’d have the whole place behind you. JC obviously took that advice and thrived! For coaches of a certain generation, Knight was THE guy.
Heard the story a little differently. Calhoun had an offer from Northwestern and UConn. Bobby told him that the Big 10 was about the institutions and the Big East was about the coaches and suggested JC would have more success in the Big East coaching against some of the greats of the day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom