Bob Hurley vs ASU AD Ray Anderson drama | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bob Hurley vs ASU AD Ray Anderson drama

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I don’t have any other knowledge of the facts in this case. I get Bobby’s point, but the best way to evaluate a situation isn’t always through a personal centric lens. You need some objective standard. How that gets developed, in this case may be an issue. I think you need various perspectives, backgrounds and a consistent process developing the standards.
You lost me at "I don’t have any other knowledge of the facts in this case."

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’m on board with everything y’all are saying, the AD should be fired for allowing some booster to be communicating with every basketball coaches wife alone lol. But I really want to hear the AD’s side. Sexual harassment can be VERY subjective. I once had a manager who was in a dispute with HR because a former employee thought he was saying good morning to her in an inappropriate manner.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wait, did the AD ask Hurley to rate the alleged incident 1-10, or was he asking the alleged victims? How or why would that be from Hurley’s POV, he’s not the one that was victimized, no?
I mean if my wife was harassed by some entitled D-*%bag that’d be a 10 for me, & I’d sure as hell wanna get to the bottom of it, pronto!
The initial post shows portions of an article that says when the AD heard of allegations, he (the AD) gave each allegation a rating.

C

Chief00

Is that objective standard ranking the intensity of the harassment on a scale of 1-5? Looks like Bobby followed the process that the AD set. Doesn't like outcome or the process itself.
I don’t know how the process was developed? If the AD arbitrarily came up with it in isolation for the donor to slide through, then it’s wrong. If it’s an independent University HR process, govern by folks outside of the AD dept - then it’s something to consider.

Again, unlike many of you, I don’t think I have all the facts, so I am focused on the process to see if it passes the smell test and we need to learn more about that. I also think HR should have some control or sign-off on the findings and punishment to protect against the sort of thing that may have happened here.

Obviously, given the number of complaints against someone who doesn’t even work there, I see lots of red flags.

Reaction Score
I don’t know how the process was developed? If the AD arbitrarily came up with it in isolation for the donor to slide through, then it’s wrong. If it’s an independent University HR process, govern by folks outside of the AD dept - then it’s something to consider.

Again, unlike many of you, I don’t think I have all the facts, so I am focused on the process to see if it passes the smell test and we need to learn more about that. I also think HR should have some control or sign-off on the findings and punishment to protect against the sort of thing that may have happened here.

Obviously, given the number of complaints against someone who doesn’t even work there, I see lots of red flags.

I don't deal with education but I for work for the top Tech company in the world with a huge HR dept. No one would suggest that I talked in a scale rating about sexual harassment.

C

Chief00

Chief is always willing to cut the rich guy some slack.
I actually said, “I don’t think I have all the facts in this case” and “I don’t know how the process was developed”. Having said that, I also said “I see lots of red flags” about the donor.
I am not cutting anyone any slack, rich or poor, rather I am just acknowledging what I don’t know.
Why do some people read the same 3rd hand article that I do and claim to be experts, who can snap judgement rule on someone’s guilt or innocence. Why not learn some humility and admit what you don’t know and let the process work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don’t have any other knowledge of the facts in this case. I get Bobby’s point, but the best way to evaluate a situation isn’t always through a personal centric lens. You need some objective standard. How that gets developed, in this case may be an issue. I think you need various perspectives, backgrounds and a consistent process developing the standards.
But what does Chief00 think?

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
I’m on board with everything y’all are saying, the AD should be fired for allowing some booster to be communicating with every basketball coaches wife alone lol. But I really want to hear the AD’s side. Sexual harassment can be VERY subjective. I once had a manager who was in a dispute with HR because a former employee thought he was saying good morning to her in an inappropriate manner.

When it is a single he said/she said situation, it can be hard to get to the truth of the matter. When you have multiple women coming forward, that suggests a pattern of abuse and it needs to be addressed.

Reaction Score
The initial claim from Cohen’s wife happened in March 2019, the independent investigation happened in October 2019, and Wear was still being allowed to attend games in December 2019. That is on Anderson, full stop, and that is not in any way okay.

Reaction Score
This was reported on the CBS college podcast. These wives were sitting in the same row as this booster and upon exiting the row past said booster, the booster put his hands on their waists and breasts. Thats assualt.
Then after the allegations were made the AD went on a golfing trip with the booster.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You know I once had an employee come to me to say that she was inappropriately touched by another employee. So I go to the HR handbook and see that it says to take the matter up with the offending employee's boss, which I did and to which that person (who is my equal in the departmental ladder) says "well you know so and so is a (to go unnamed religious group) and you know what they are like". No I don't know "they" are like I say and go back to the HR Handbook because now I have two HR problems. HR Handbook and now escalate the two matters to my boss who was somewhat dismissive saying that there were probably misunderstandings. My employee never received any apology beyond my own. So my point is even when you have processes they don't always get followed.

Reaction Score
You know I once had an employee come to me to say that she was inappropriately touched by another employee. So I go to the HR handbook and see that it says to take the matter up with the offending employee's boss, which I did and to which that person (who is my equal in the departmental ladder) says "well you know so and so is a (to go unnamed religious group) and you know what they are like". No I don't know "they" are like I say and go back to the HR Handbook because now I have two HR problems. HR Handbook and now escalate the two matters to my boss who was somewhat dismissive saying that there were probably misunderstandings. My employee never received any apology beyond my own. So my point is even when you have processes they don't always get followed.
I fired somebody once and she decided to report me to HR, after the fact. Luckily my staff was always around when we interacted and HR had a set list of protocols to followup so nothing ever came of it, even though I was on edge for 2 weeks while they investigated her claims.
Even though I was super PO'd I welcomed the investigation, even threatened to sue her for defamation but was talked out of it. You need those rules and you need everyone to know, understand, and follow them.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I fired somebody once and she decided to report me to HR, after the fact. Luckily my staff was always around when we interacted and HR had a set list of protocols to followup so nothing ever came of it, even though I was on edge for 2 weeks while they investigated her claims.
Even though I was super PO'd I welcomed the investigation, even threatened to sue her for defamation but was talked out of it. You need those rules and you need everyone to know, understand, and follow them.

Blutarski was always the vindictive type.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I find the concept that there is an acceptable level of sexually aggressive or suggestive behavior on the part of a booster or an employee ludicrous on its face value, and for the AD to self appoint himself as the arbiter of said level to be a comically inept attempt at skirting the issue.

Reaction Score
If company leadership haven’t learned to take these allegations seriously after the last few years they are doomed to failure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom