Boat's athleticism | The Boneyard

Boat's athleticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm wowed more by Boat's athleticism than any other player that has worn the UConn jersey. Pretty much every time he makes a swipe at midcourt, turns on the jets and lines up a dunk I am left in awe. He is quick as hell, doesn't tire at all and his hops are just ridiculous. Last night he made a couple of steals were he set up the defender and poked the ball away so quickly I had to go back and watch how he actually got the steal, within an instant he was on the other end lining up a huge dunk. As impressive as these plays were the block he had where he pinned the guy's shot on the backboard was just obscene, the save he made after Brimah's crazy block on the perimeter also showed off his hops and quickness. Boat is honestly about 5'9 the only other player I know of that is routinely above the rim like him at that size is Nate Robinson.

Reaction Score
spotted vehicle in central conn. today with kentucky plates with vanity smiling bird logo and "louisville" printed on left corner

dude driving looked like tall dude who sits on bench in suit who i assume is asst coach

anybody know if they have propects they are trying to close on in this region?

Reaction Score
Come January Boat will be unstoppable. Kid is just too tough to guard.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I'm wowed more by Boat's athleticism than any other player that has worn the UConn jersey. Pretty much every time he makes a swipe at midcourt, turns on the jets and lines up a dunk I am left in awe. He is quick as hell, doesn't tire at all and his hops are just ridiculous. Last night he made a couple of steals were he set up the defender and poked the ball away so quickly I had to go back and watch how he actually got the steal, within an instant he was on the other end lining up a huge dunk. As impressive as these plays were the block he had where he pinned the guy's shot on the backboard was just obscene, the save he made after Brimah's crazy block on the perimeter also showed off his hops and quickness. Boat is honestly about 5'9 the only other player I know of that is routinely above the rim like him at that size is Nate Robinson.

I had the same reaction to the steals.....too fast to see what he did.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Would you guys say he's as good of a defender as Ricky was?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Would you guys say he's as good of a defender as Ricky was?
He's a different type of defender. Ricky wasn't much on steals. Ricky just best his man to the spot and forced him int his 2nd, 3rd or 4th option instead of what he was planning to do. It was uncanny how he could tell exactly where a guy wanted to go, and time getting there ahead of him. Guys he was guarding didn't get the ball where they wanted it, and when they did get it, couldn't get position for a clean look. But he rarely gambled on a steal.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The block he had was ridiculous... at first I thought it was maybe DHam...

Reaction Score
He's a different type of defender. Ricky wasn't much on steals. Ricky just best his man to the spot and forced him int his 2nd, 3rd or 4th option instead of what he was planning to do. It was uncanny how he could tell exactly where a guy wanted to go, and time getting there ahead of him. Guys he was guarding didn't get the ball where they wanted it, and when they did get it, couldn't get position for a clean look. But he rarely gambled on a steal.

Such great lateral quickness.

Reaction Score
is it me or does Boat look like he gained a bit on muscle all around...and I definitely noticed that he gained a couple/few inches on his vertical leap. I don't think I ever saw him jump as high as he did last game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He's not an elite athlete!:cool:

Reaction Score
  1. He's always had a ton of confidence too. I'll remember his first game ever for UConn at Atlantis, he hit three straight FT's in OT.

Reaction Score
is it me or does Boat look like he gained a bit on muscle all around...and I definitely noticed that he gained a couple/few inches on his vertical leap. I don't think I ever saw him jump as high as he did last game.
He does seem a little stronger.

Reaction Score
I think boat is 2-3 inches taller than Nate. He's a better game dunker than Nate. He's probably 1.5inches shorter than a I who he reminds me of. That inch and a half is a lot but I think boat will be a better pro than NapierNapier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom