Boatright's defense exposed in 3 consecutive possessions | The Boneyard

Boatright's defense exposed in 3 consecutive possessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SMH...

1. Dixon just speedily blew by him on the left court, a layup.
2. On the right court, Dixon hesitation play, then to the basket, blew by Boat, fortunately Brimah was there to help.
3. Off the memphis shot, a long rebound is practically bouncing to the hands of Dixon, Boat was no where near him to box him out. He was found to inside free throw line mixed with PFs and Cs.

To top it off, prior to all these, He lost a ball due to his awkward between the leg dribble.

again, SMH....If Cahoun was the coach, he will be at the end of the doghouse...

Reaction Score
The sequence started about 8 minutes left in the 1st half....
I think KO should really think about using zone defense when using undersized guards line-ups.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, i am only criticizing his defense tactics.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
.[/quote]
SMH...

1. Dixon just speedily blew by him on the left court, a layup.
2. On the right court, Dixon hesitation play, then to the basket, blew by Boat, fortunately Brimah was there to help.
3. Off the memphis shot, a long rebound is practically bouncing to the hands of Dixon, Boat was no where near him to box him out. He was found to inside free throw line mixed with PFs and Cs.

To top it off, prior to all these, He lost a ball due to his awkward between the leg dribble.

again, SMH....If Cahoun was the coach, he will be at the end of the doghouse...
But if the shot got blocked you wouldn't say anything bc he's expecting the shot blockers to be there And if. He did the between the leg dribble and scored you wouldn't have said anything. Kids playing a solid game enjoy it

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just to be clear, i am only criticizing his defense tactics.
Don't let the others convince you you're wrong, because you're not. However something tragic just happened in his life so he might be playing distracted

Reaction Score
Stay on your guy quit slipping behind the screen Ryan….WTF

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The entire d has been off because of the calls. Ryan picked up a quick foul and was not touching his player. That was the change in his defensive game.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if they were told to go under screens.

That's a good point but not with Dixon….the rest I understand because for now they are shooting out of their a**es……so depending on who you could be correct.

Reaction Score
That's a good point but not with Dixon….the rest I understand because for now they are shooting out of their a**es……so depending on who you could be correct.

As soon as I saw that Jackson was a 19% three point shooter I knew his first one was going down.

Reaction Score
As soon as I saw that Jackson was a 19% three point shooter I knew his first one was going down.
Agreed, as bad as the stripes were these guys are making shots we want them to take…..it will stop! I like where we are…….they can't guard us!

Reaction Score
For the life of me, I don't understand his defense.
The guy has the speed, i mean he is lightning quick.

How come he cannot seem to stay in front of his guy? Again, a few blow-bys.
I am totally OK if the other guy shoots over him. I can accept that.

But how many blow-bys there are in the games already? I count at least 5 now.

Reaction Score
Here is another one that is a head-scratcher.

On top of the key, this Ceron Johnson (shooting guard), dribbled from Boat's left to the his right, passed him and he stuck his both hands out and was called a foul. It was clearly a foul, but WTF, Ryan?

Reaction Score
Overall, this has been a very good team play from Uconn, despite Memphis hot shooting.
But we could easily be up by double digits now...this is why it's so frustrating

Reaction Score
Bazz is sizzling now, and Kromah calmly sank 2 pointers in 2 consecutive plays. How nice!

Reaction Score
Please no bonehead plays at the end... And put this one in the bag for the love of god! We are back to top 25.

Reaction Score
of course! OMFG! Not one, but two. My heart cannot take this...

Reaction Score
Boat picked up an early foul and was cognizant of not getting his second and going to the bench. So he had a couple bad possessions playing tentatively. The dude played lockdown defense in the second half, while other guys did turnstile impressions.

Reaction Score
Hail Uconn must have a horrible life! He is the only responding to his own post except for me an one other guy. I'm just here to tell him what a sorry post this is. Boatright is so upset with your Posts right now also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom