Boatright... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Stop making excuses for Boat. And stop telling me that I don't know basketball or only watched UConn during its tourney runs (neither of which are true) and actually contribute to the thread. Cincinnati is not that good. Not good enough to hold Boat to 2 points with no fg's for an entire half. Im not a Boat "hater". I love the kid and he's one of the best basketball players to ever play at UConn. But in THIS GAME he needs to step up. How can you make excuses for him being completely shut down in a must-win game? Come on.

Reaction Score
I gave him a pass in the first half, they were running 2 guys minimum at Boat on every touch. Now Ollie seems to have taken him off the ball and sent him to the wing, and he's too passive. I"m not a Boat hater, but right now he has to work harder to get open.

Reaction Score
The most annoying thing is watching us hopelessely pass the ball around the perimeter. We have no one right now who can drive the lane, including Boat, because every time he goes off a pick he gets forced outside even more which is extremely annoying

Reaction Score
Yankees32123 said:
Stop making excuses for Boat. And stop telling me that I don't know basketball or only watched UConn during its tourney runs (neither of which are true) and actually contribute to the thread. Cincinnati is not that good. Not good enough to hold Boat to 2 points with no fg's for an entire half. Im not a Boat "hater". I love the kid and he's one of the best basketball players to ever play at UConn. But in THIS GAME he needs to step up. How can you make excuses for him being completely shut down in a must-win game? Come on.

You don't know basketball.

Reaction Score
But you don't! If other players could dribble, create their own shots, or rebound better, Boat would score plenty of points. When Cincy has decided to stop Boat and let the other players beat them and nobody stepped up, Boat will not have a good game.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I love the Boneyard but sometimes we are complete cannibals. Boat helped us
win our 4th championship. Can he at least finish his career with respect. Criticism is exceptable but some of this stuff is just pure venom and non sense.

Yankees32123

Reaction Score
I love the Boneyard but sometimes we are complete cannibals. Boat helped us
win our 4th championship. Can he at least finish his career with respect. Criticism is exceptable but some of this stuff is just pure venom and non sense.
What about this thread was anything but criticism for Boatright in this game?

Reaction Score
It is not his fault. His teammates are lazy and lack strength to compete at this level.

Reaction Score
Boat for threeeeeeee. Bang. Purvis, calhoun, hamilton for threeeeeeeeee. Clank/airball/blocked.

Nuff said

Reaction Score
Boat is our best player. However he has had several very bad turn overs on very lazy passes. Same for TS and DH.

Reaction Score
This game highlights why UConn needs to recruit another PG and a rebounder.

Reaction Score
One man wrecking crew with zero established help. You guys gotta get a clue. The other coaches know he is the only real threat and design their game plan accordingly.

Yankees32123

Reaction Score
Like we said, you don't know basketball. Boat is by far our best player and competitor.
So I don't know basketball for saying Boat had a terrible first half when he had a terrible first half? I never said that anyone else is playing well. Obviously Boat is our best player. Our only player. But he had a terrible first half. Im glad he's making up for it.

Reaction Score
The guy is undersized and has inconsistent support. If I were the other team I'd triple team him too and take my chances with the Yugo.

Reaction Score
Would he struggle at all if we had ANY second option? Yeah he didn't shoot well but there's far more to it than a stat line.

Reaction Score
So I don't know basketball for saying Boat had a terrible first half when he had a terrible first half? I never said that anyone else is playing well. Obviously Boat is our best player. Our only player. But he had a terrible first half. Im glad he's making up for it.
Just stop! At times in the first half, Boat was going one on three! You need other players to perform to open up the floor.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
What about this thread was anything but criticism for Boatright in this game?
The fact that people are unfairly comparing and judging the kid against what Kemba and Bazz did. Do people truly realize how lucky we were to have a Kemba and Bazz that close together and then have a "good college player "like Boat to add to that. So , ok , let's boo hoo because he can't live up to it. Smh

Reaction Score
I'm eating my words now.
Basketball.png

This is what a basketball looks like, next lesson will be on what a hoop looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom