Boatright... | The Boneyard

Boatright...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Is playing absolutely terrible. Abysmal. He's supposed to be our leader.

Yankees32123

Reaction Score
You must not understand basketball. Cincy is focused on stopping Boat and letting the other players beat them. Strategy is working.
I understand basketball very well. The great ones don't let that matter. Bazz didn't. Kemba didn't. Boat is.

Reaction Score
You must not understand basketball. Cincy is focused on stopping Boat and letting the other players beat them. Strategy is working.
All of which is leading to his terrible play. Yes they're focusing on him and he's having a terrible game because of that.

Yankees32123

Reaction Score
All of which is leading to his terrible play. Yes they're focusing on him and he's having a terrible game because of that.
Thank you for not being another blind Boneyard poster.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yankees32123 said:
I understand basketball very well. The great ones don't let that matter. Bazz didn't. Kemba didn't. Boat is.

Yeah because Bazz scored 25 every game. Man, the revisionist history in this place astounds.

It's not boat, it's Cincy throwing the whole team at him

Reaction Score
he's not terrible, sluggish or hurt. He's being focused on, and no one else is really working at getting open.
yea i have to agree with others he is slow/sluggish ..are u watching the game?

Yankees32123

Reaction Score
No. cinci is doing excellent job. There's 4 guys standing around on offense. How is the pG supposed to make things happen when no one else is moving and the d is focused on him?
By being a leader. Encouraging the other guys. Stepping up and hitting a big shot. Dribbling into traffic, chucking up bad shots, and passing back out to Terrence on the perimeter with 3 seconds on the shot clock is not going to get it done. I'm not seeing any leadership qualities in Boat tonight. Most nights I do, tonight I don't..

Reaction Score
Bazz had a lot more help. If opposing teams focused on him other players like Boat, Daniels and Coffey would step up and make the defense pay more often than not. Boat doesn't have that at all.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Ok deadass can we sip saying he's hurt when he does bad? He doesn't show up vs good opponents. It happens

Reaction Score
Kemba and Bazz had second and third options. The problem with this team is outside of Boat no one can create their own shot. This team is simply brutal offensively.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the defensive emphasis Cinncy has applied. But I haven't seen Boat's explosive quickness since he had the thigh bruise. It just visually appears that way.

Reaction Score
Kemba didn't have a 2nd option till February, and Shabazz's didn't emerge until March. They still found ways to lead their teams to a whole lot of wins.

This team doesn't have as much talent as '11 or '14, but they're not devoid of talent either. They should be better.

Reaction Score
My guess is you only watched UConn in the tournament those years, because clearly you have no memories of Kemba during the middle/end of his last year or Boat during the middle of last year.

Both those players had stretches like this because it is exhausting being constantly double teamed and game planned around, you hit a slump.

But keep believing in fairy tales.

Reaction Score
By being a leader. Encouraging the other guys. Stepping up and hitting a big shot. Dribbling into traffic, chucking up bad shots, and passing back out to Terrence on the perimeter with 3 seconds on the shot clock is not going to get it done. I'm not seeing any leadership qualities in Boat tonight. Most nights I do, tonight I don't..
you didn't address the issue. It's tough to hit the big shot when you don't have one open big shot. It's OK to credit the opposing teams strategy. It's working good tonight. You blame him for chucking up bad shots and blame him for not hitting big shots. when you have nothing but bad shots available because the offense is stagnant it's tough for a pg to create

Reaction Score
Bazz had help blah blah blah......geez at least when the guy is not playing well admit it. He had an awful first half regardless of them "keying" on him. Hope he bounces back but for now, Yankee is more right than the rest of you. He had open looks and passed them up only to make a bad play 2 or 3 times. Let's not make the Bearcats that great, it's on Boat and others to make smarter plays period.

And our bigs are getting pushed around and 2nd chance baskets are killing them Facey was also awful - needs to get a lot tougher than he plays. Omar too - stick your damn nose in there.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
RipCity said:
Ok deadass can we sip saying he's hurt when he does bad? He doesn't show up vs good opponents. It happens

You think it may be because " good teams" actually have good players and good game plans designed to stop a one player team?

Just a thought.

You can put Michael Jordan at point. When you get nothing out of the rest of the team , the opposition can cheat like hell on stopping your star.

Reaction Score
Kemba didn't have a 2nd option till February, and Shabazz's didn't emerge until March. They still found ways to lead their teams to a whole lot of wins.

This team doesn't have as much talent as '11 or '14, but they're not devoid of talent either. They should be better.
I don't think any one disagrees with that. Saying we're down at half because boat can't hit 40 footers over two defenders because the offense is so bad is what I disagree with.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Boat hate is strong tonight. Lots of haters have been waiting for this.

Reaction Score
In defense of the OP, Boat is having a terrible game. Obviously Cincy is shutting him down and his play is suffering from it but the OP isn't wrong in saying he had a terrible first half. I know our UConn goggles can get pretty thick but any excuses some of you have isn't going to take back that awful 1st half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom