Boatright | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright

Reaction Score
I cannot believe anyone in their right mind thinks Boat will go to the NBA. He will NEVER be in the NBA.
He's 5'9" at best and is not a good PG. At his size you must be an outstanding player which he is not and a dynamite PG which he is not also. He is physically gifted but he will never see the the light of the NBA
Remove giant rose colored glasses please

Yeah I don't see NBA for Boat but who knows? If he can progress over the rest of this year and have good summer activities that lead to further progression with his outside shot and passing skills I wouldn't be overly surprised if a team picks him up late. That's what UConn does well; develop players. Admittedly, the odds are somewhat against him because of his DNA. He should be a better passer than he is but he struggles to see over the trees at times. He should be a better outside shooter but you see how much body strength it takes for him to muster up a deep shot - he has to get everything moving toward the basket so he can reach the shot. But again, there have been shorter and less talented players drafted. He's got the desire and heart. This summer has to be a big step forward for him followed by a very good year next year with UConn. I don't believe anything that says he's leaving early.

caw

Reaction Score
I cannot believe anyone in their right mind thinks Boat will go to the NBA. He will NEVER be in the NBA.
He's 5'9" at best and is not a good PG. At his size you must be an outstanding player which he is not and a dynamite PG which he is not also. He is physically gifted but he will never see the the light of the NBA
Remove giant rose colored glasses please

Leaving doesn't necessarily equate to NBA. His family is not in the nicest area, he could make a decent living in Europe.

Reaction Score
He has gotten his dribble under control and shoots reliably from inside and from the line. If he stays he could at point with RP to improve leadership, passing and reliable outside shooting skills. He makes progression there and then he is driving the bus.

Boat hasn't shot reliably from inside the 3 point arc at all this year, to be honest I think his inability to score this year is one of the major factors holding this team back.

Reaction Score
Boat hasn't shot reliably from inside the 3 point arc at all this year, to be honest I think his inability to score this year is one of the major factors holding this team back.

You're probably right. I don't have his inside shooting % from last year to this year. However, I felt like he has made an improvement with his drive, step back shot. While it's not kemba-reliable, it certainly feels better than it was and I am comfortable when he takes it now.

He is averaging 12.2 ppg. He has been consistent with that average - no huge, but no small games. I can say that team rebounding, inconsistent inside play and poor shot selection have plagued us far more than his inability to score this year.

Reaction Score
You're probably right. I don't have his inside shooting % from last year to this year. However, I felt like he has made an improvement with his drive, step back shot. While it's not kemba-reliable, it certainly feels better than it was and I am comfortable when he takes it now.

He is averaging 12.2 ppg. He has been consistent with that average - no huge, but no small games. I can say that team rebounding, inconsistent inside play and poor shot selection have plagued us far more than his inability to score this year.

12.2 PPG on 41% from the floor is a major step back from where he was last season, at 15.4 PPG on 43% shooting. Shockingly, Boat hasn't scored 20 or more points in a game one time this season. And in our big games - Maryland, BC, Indiana, Florida, Stanford, Washington, SMU, Harvard, Memphis, Louisville, Cincinnati - he's averaging 10.4 PPG on 36% from the floor. Simply put, Boatright has regressed substantially this season from a scoring standpoint, and it's honestly quite remarkable that this team is where they are without him carrying his weight in big spots.

Now, he's certainly expanded his game a bit - he's gotten better defensively, as a decision maker, and as a leader - but at this point he's virtually a poor man's Dyson, and we're desperately going to need him to re-discover his jump shot if we're going to make a run at some point.

Reaction Score
I really think that boat has a place in the NBA. I'm still of the belief he will end up on a team some time soon. He is too good not to. Glad to see him doing well though!

Reaction Score
I really think that boat has a place in the NBA. I'm still of the belief he will end up on a team some time soon. He is too good not to. Glad to see him doing well though!
I figure the biggest thing holding him back is that he is looking for his own shot too much to play the point in the NBA at his size. He's got to be able to put up really good assist numbers, but that isn't his game. He's a scorer. And 5'10". If he can play at the top level in Euro and put up 20+ a game that might be the best thing for him long term.

Reaction Score
I figure the biggest thing holding him back is that he is looking for his own shot too much to play the point in the NBA at his size. He's got to be able to put up really good assist numbers, but that isn't his game. He's a scorer. And 5'10". If he can play at the top level in Euro and put up 20+ a game that might be the best thing for him long term.

I mean he doesnt have to be a starter or even fringe all-star guy, but i think he can come off of the bench as a combo guard type player. He can easily put up a bunch of points in the NBA imo, so the assists may be going to someone else on his team. I mean i know guys could shoot right over him, but its not like he doesnt have hops and i swear he is the peskiest little on ball defender you'll ever meet. If he is given a legit shot, I think he'll carve out a spot in the NBA. I get what you are saying though, and a nice Euro career is good too, i just think his talent is good enough to play in the NBA and securely maintain a spot on a team for many years.

Reaction Score
He does have a ridiculous vertical jump. Would be top 20 in the league. And he was right up there with PGs in his draft class from 3. But the size is tough. Had the team not underperformed with him at the helm in 2014-2015 he might have been picked up in the draft and given more time to develop.

Reaction Score
Pierre Jackson/Baylor signed with this team Boat is on in late October. He soon left and I believe landed with the Mavericks last week after a very short stint in the D League. He scored 7 points the other night for Dallas.

Jackson is the same height as Boat and a similar profile.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Pierre Jackson/Baylor signed with this team Boat is on in late October. He soon left and I believe landed with the Mavericks last week after a very short stint in the D League. He scored 7 points the other night for Dallas.

Jackson is the same height as Boat and a similar profile.

Jackson was destroying the D-league right before his call up.

Reaction Score
I think I'd pay $5-$10 a month to have access to watch his Euro games, there's something about him that is so electric. Like when he'd get that fast break dunk at least once a game, it was like watching a rocket blasting off. Seems like the fans are really enjoying him too when there is a decent turnout at these games overseas in the clips I've been watching on youtube

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I think I'd pay $5-$10 a month to have access to watch his Euro games, there's something about him that is so electric. Like when he'd get that fast break dunk at least once a game, it was like watching a rocket blasting off. Seems like the fans are really enjoying him too when there is a decent turnout at these games overseas in the clips I've been watching on youtube
Some international leagues have really great fan support. The Australian NBL, China's CBA and a few other leagues have big fan bases.

There's a stigma to playing overseas sometimes, but these guys can make really good money playing in exciting environments in really exotic places. Not a bad option at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom