Boatright... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Teams couldn't run their stuff with all the guard pressure. It was a blast, if you are a UConn fan. They owned the Harrison brothers in particular.

Man, that was a great season.
The BY was a tumultuous place all season until the end!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One of the most awkward moments ever. That could've gone the other way, Boat really showed incredible maturity.

Yep. I was worried that "Bad Bazz" had finally resurfaced at the worst possible time and I thought the wheels were going to start coming off. IIRC KO sat Bazz immediately and kept Boat in the game.

Managing the relationship between the two of them was probably the one thing KO did best, and I'm not sure anyone could have done it as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Managing the relationship between the two of them was probably the one thing KO did best, and I'm not sure anyone could have done it as well.
I believe KO said in an interview that he was thinking something like "On no. Not now." Agree 100% that KO handled that as well as possible.

Reaction Score
Ryan Boatright is easily my favorite UConn player ever and I wear his jersey proudly to every game.

Go back and find the video of his alley-oop at Notre Dame in 2012. He almost tore the rim off of the backboard. Animal.

Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away here, mau. Boat's D was phenomenal in the NC run, but that was mostly because it was part of a truly magical collaboration with Bazz. The two of them combined to make it more than uncomfortable for the opposing back court. But for my money, neither by himself was the defensive equivalent of Ricky.
It's hard to quantify and maybe Mau was using a little hyperbole but Boat's d was spectacular during the run. Especially at his height and weight going against much bigger guards.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
I can’t remember if it was after Michigan St. or Florida, but Andy Katz was interviewing JC as the players exited the court. Boat walked by and Calhoun hugged him and said “that defense was special man, special.” It was such a great moment but I can’t find a clip online.

Love you Boat

Reaction Score
What I will always remember about Boatright is his gutty play finishing the championship on a sprained ankle, and that he was extremely frustrating to watch his first couple years. You could see the talent and then... when it clicked you couldn't help but really root for him. You could see the hard work finally pay of.
Glad to see him have Hurley's back.

Reaction Score
I think Boat's D during the tourney run, well at least games 2-6, was equal to Ricky's. Boat did not have the multiple years of lockdown D that Ricky had, but my goodness what he did to Appling, Wilbekin, and whatever useless Harrison he guarded was just not right. He basically exposed three different nba prospects.

Reaction Score
DBAC692F-30CC-42AA-B215-C2B15D2B60EA.jpeg

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
We must not forget he was playing the whole seasons after losing his friend to Chicago violence - a friend he considered his brother. They grew up together. He wanted that championship more than anyone on the floor. It wasn’t for just for him and his family, it was for his brother.

Reaction Score
I remember the BC game at MSG early in that year. I think it was the last shot of game by BC - a long 3. It seemed like Boat lept into the rafters to block that shot. Simply amazing.

Reaction Score
Wilbekin, Hill, the Harrison twins and others would tell you otherwise. Maybe not quite but if not damn close. They were afraid to put the ball on the floor, forgot to mention the poor kid off the bench for Michigan State. It was a thing of beauty the way he treated those guards. Love Ricky too so 2 of the best we've ever seen on that end of the floor.
I’ll throw Lyman Deprest in that conversation!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I love how a few weeks ago, on social media, Shabazz wished Boat a happy birthday and used this picture as the background. Boat responded with a bunch of laughing emojis.

Also, I googled Ryan Boatright and this is what I saw. Someone needs to fix Wiki:

1579785439007.png

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Boatright was 16-16 from the free throw line during UConn's run from Sweet 16 through the National Championship game vs. Kentucky (13-14 season).

Damn...
Dude he was 5-6 from the field in the NC as well and played some of the most insane defense on a much larger player than him. Hes a UConn legend for his years here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom