Boatright Vs Gilbert Comparison | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright Vs Gilbert Comparison

Reaction Score
Maybe better comparison, and more contemporary is the Ct. kid who went to LSU, Waters. Kids stats are a bit down this year so far and has not shown real efficient 3 pt shooting. Is quick and about AG's size and a year younger.
It is hard to be consistently effective even in college at this height unless you are Calvin Murphy, never mind be good enough to get minutes in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Wish AG would use that great flooter that he has it would open up the inside more also the stutter hesitation move AG has is awsome. It will come as he gets his feet on the ground.
Love both players AG high on leadership but must be more tenatious to catch up to RB D.
Looking forward to watching Gilbert lead UConn back to the promised land. He has the DNA of some great UConn guards. Need patience.

Thanks for the posts.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is not as good as Boat...yet. I would like to see Gilbert get his own shot and hit midrange and step back jump shots, maybe control those drives into the trees more but it’s too early to make any judgements or comparisons because of Gilberts injury. Can’t see an NBA scenario right now for a kid his size who is not a long range sharpshooter, and he isn’t.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Can't compare junior/senior Boat (because that's who is stuck in our minds) with first year of AG.

Reaction Score
Super premature thread. That being said, AG’s ability to run the point probably gives him better pro potential than RB, who was a very undersized 2-guard. Size-wise it will be an uphill battle but I think sometimes we forget he’s still a relatively inexperienced college player and will likely get much better throughout his college career.

Reaction Score
I like what I see from Gilbert, but he hasn't even played 10 games for us I don't think, so until we get like 20-ish games into his college basketball career, i'll hold off on comparing him to one of our best players ever.

Reaction Score
2 different players and I'd prefer to not even go there although it is compelling. AG has a ways to go to get his game back and make better decisions. Boat only has Ricky Moore (Maybe Lyman DePriest) to concern himself with as one of the best defenders we've seen put on the uni as well as the impact his D had. AG just needs to keep playing and finding his game. we will see ultimately how good he is. Glad he's on our team now though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Looking forward to watching Gilbert lead UConn back to the promised land. He has the DNA of some great UConn guards. Need patience.

This, with a number of our guys to be fair. Can't wait for the Sid vitriol once he starts out slow. I'm thinking he gets the Rudy Gay 'Lazy/Passive' label.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom