Boatright Top 10 Scoring | The Boneyard

Boatright Top 10 Scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ryan is one of my favorite Huskies ever along with Napier and AJ Price. Most likely will end up top 5 in scoring.. Never wanted a player so bad to make the NBA. Curious where does Boat rank in your top Huskies all time.

Reaction Score
My last-forever memory of Ryan will be that shot he put up over Randall in the finals, from the left elbow, with time running out on the shot clock, with about 5 or 7 minutes left. That was the shot where I first really believed, "we're going to win this thing."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My last-forever memory of Ryan will be that shot he put up over Randall in the finals, from the left elbow, with time running out on the shot clock, with about 5 or 7 minutes left. That was the shot where I first really believed, "we're going to win this thing."

After he had turned his ankle and looked to be in a lot of pain, too. He got so freakin' high off the ground for that shot. Boat is a warrior.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This will be one of the enduring iconic images of UConn basketball....

04072014_UKvsUConn108.jpg

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

It was with 4mins and change left and DEFINITELY a last-forever memory of Boat.
That, along with his play early in the championship game when UConn was making a run and he dribbled away and then back to the basket, spinning around the defenders for a lay-up.

Hopefully we can make the NCAAs and he can give us some more last-forever memories... the kid deserves it.

Reaction Score
Weird but I will remember him his senior year collectively. All of our victories are because of him. Can't say that about any other Husky.

Secondly, I can't recall the opponent but earlier in the season when he had that hip thing and we many of us were expecting him not to play he dressed and played. Adrien may always be known as a warrior but I submit Boat as his equal if not greater.

Thirdly, this year I have not heard one complaining word him. I haven't heard a hint of looking for pity. I haven't heard a word of blame or excuses. Sure he's frustrated but try and prove it. The kid's NBA stock is affected this season which is no fault of his. Yet he brings it every game and remains unselfish. Remember he humbly deferred to Bazz for 3 years, I believe in his heart/mind he felt he was just as good and capable as Bazz. We don't mention how he probably made Bazz a better player in those 3 years. His humbleness matched with his desire is remarkable in today's NCAA society of spoiled NBA wannabes.

So for me I will always remember him as "The Senior", regardless of the Ring or his many sensational highlights.

Finally, put his jersey on that wall!

Reaction Score
its kind of insane Boat nape and kemba all have cemented legacies as all time uconn greats (all still under 25)... i'm gonna miss him next season. fearless competitor who deserves a post season this year...

Reaction Score

The video of him spiking the basketball after the last rebound and the look of joy on his face will be forever linked in my mind with that overplayed Pharell Williams song Happy (that and Amida making a confetti angel on the ground). Since that was used in the highlight video that was oft-circulated. Not sure if that was a tcf15 or a UConn production.

Boat and Rashamel Jones had the great "end the big win with the ball" moments - Rashad and Lamb had the others, but we knew we were going to win long before the final seconds, so those are less iconic (Lamb also blatantly traveled, but the refs were nice enough to let that go). I guess Emeka chased Rashad all over the gym to get the ball from him, which would have made for a great video, if anyone just zoomed in on those guys the whole time.

Boat spiking the ball and jumping all over place, as the bench rushes the court, and Rash's "ohmigod" look as our guys scatter every which way looking for places to celebrate or people in the crowd to point to (and the SI two-page image of the bench running on the court). There are some serious goose-bumpy moments in our lives as UConn fans that we can enjoy when we are eating our dinners through a straw.

Poe

Reaction Score
My favorite Boat moment is when he was dribbling the baseline against Kentucky, turned back and put in the reverse layup. Totally faked out the used car salesman's McD's AAs.

This. From that point on I knew UK was just too young and inexperienced to win that day.

Reaction Score
Technically, he doesn't really have a chance at the top 5 in scoring. He's 257 points away from 5th place right now with at least 4 games remaining.

But, enough about that.

Boat's first game in a UConn uniform has to be one of the best debuts a UConn freshman has ever had, considering the context. NCAA holds him out of six games for bogus investigation. Comes off the bench against FSU in the Battle 4 Atlantis, scoring 14 points, and nails three straight free throws with 7 seconds left on the clock to send it into overtime.

Thank you, Jabarie Hinds.

Reaction Score
yes i will def remember the lock down D him and shabazz provided during the tournmanet.

Reaction Score
I was not a huge fan of Boatright his freshmen/sophomore year, but he definitely grew on me. I have to give credit where its due and he really put a lot of work and effort into this program. Really hope he finishes this season strong.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Never really noticed the rest of the team together in the background. What a great shot.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The video of him spiking the basketball after the last rebound and the look of joy on his face will be forever linked in my mind with that overplayed Pharell Williams song Happy (that and Amida making a confetti angel on the ground). Since that was used in the highlight video that was oft-circulated. Not sure if that was a tcf15 or a UConn production.

My lasting memory of Amida in the championship game is from the big overhead shot of the players rushing onto the court right after we won. Brimah comes running after the rest of the 5 on the floor like everyone else, but he tried to take off the pullover that guys would wear over their jerseys while he was running. Right before the camera cut away, you can see Amida tumbling over with the pullover stuck on his head.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Boat after the last win over Syracuse: "They get to leave the Big East with a bad taste of UConn in their mouth." Classic.

And I think it's still lingering in their mouths, in a number of different ways.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Kid's work here isn't done yet. I'll revisit this conversation later when he's worn the UConn jersey for the last time. Hopefully in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom