boatright thoughts | The Boneyard

boatright thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is it possible that jimmy will sit Boatright in the potential Atlantis championship? I mean it will kinda be an important game & he wont rlly have the chemistry in game situations down yet..

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think he'll get about 12 minutes. Just enough to rest Napier and Lamb for 6 a piece (maybe a couple more each with Lamb at point and Giffey at the two).

Reaction Score
I'm sure jc I'll try to throw him out there. If he contributes, he will get solid minutes. If he makes a lot of mistakes, he'll sit and watch.

Not the best game to throw him out there but that's the cards to have been dealt. It really doesn't make sense to not play him. It's more a matter of how much.

Reaction Score
Championship game or not, it would kind of be sh!tty of Calhoun to hold Boatright out of the game after the kid sat out for 6 games. I'm sure he will feel JC's wrath, but only after he sets foot on the court.

Reaction Score
I think since Boatright has been able to practice this whole time helps big time. He probably wont get that many mins in the first game back but when hes on the floor at least he will somewhat know whats going on.

Reaction Score
wolf got mins in his first game eligible. at jc's age and level, there's only 1 championship game that truly matters. he'll run.

Reaction Score
Third game in a tournament like this is largely about staying fresh... I guarantee JC let's him loose trying to cause havoc on a tired opponent. His penetration will also help us get a tired opponent into foul trouble... Should actually work nicely.

Reaction Score
I say the boat is ready to sail and JC will give him some minutes. Being able to practice is a huge plus for boat and the skipper. The only problem may be trying to keep boat steady. I am sure he is ready to let loose.

Reaction Score
by that point in the tournament, bazz and lamb will surely need extra rest. especially if they're not healed up from the nagging bugs that have bothered them so far (flu, ankle, wrist). ii say he plays about 15 mins.

Reaction Score
by that point in the tournament, bazz and lamb will surely need extra rest. especially if they're not healed up from the nagging bugs that have bothered them so far (flu, ankle, wrist). ii say he plays about 15 mins.
I'd say between 10 and 15 min, but if he makes some quick TO's then 5 to 8. One thing I am sure of, with him in the lineup UCONN goes from #4 to #1 by February.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Boatright practicing with this team is definitely a huge bonus. I don't even think it's a question of if he plays once eligible. The "chemistry" point seems like a non-issue really. I only see him helping this team in all areas:

With his ability to penetrate, he'll be able to find our bigs in better positions inside with the ball for some easy buckets when the defense collapses on him. Also, he should be able to kick it back out to our shooters if theres nothing inside (lamb, dd, etc).

The team hasn't appeared to be top 5 or even top 10 status yet in their games, but I think Boat will bring a whole new dimension to this team in many many facets, offensively and defensively. Bazz can be more aggressive on defense and be his pesky self. Also, the team will be able to get out and run a little more, utilizing our athleticism, and eventually wearing down opponents.

Very excited to see Boatright on the court for us. As other's have said... he just need to play in control. Hopefully sitting for a bit has let him watch and learn some things and he won't try to come in an do everything all at once.

Reaction Score
Is it a guaranteed that we play 3 games no matter what or do we have to win the first 2 to get the 3rd.

Reaction Score
The "Boatshow" enters that 3rd game @ the 15 minute mark of the 1st half. How long he stays in, and how many minutes he gets is up to how well he plays. After all, we all know JC.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I would not be at all surprised to see Boat get in sooner than the 15 minute mark. We need him to contribute pretty much right away and better to get him in a little earlier to get into the flow. Whenever, it will be great to see him on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom