Boatright this, Boatright that | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright this, Boatright that

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

His crew really are students of the team game....and enthusiastic. I was impressed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
His post-game interview with Emily was very poised. We have a good team.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He's playing like Freshmen Kemba or Freshman Bazz. His style is more like Kemba, but his impact is the same as each. He provides so much.

I'm sad, though, that it is coming at the expense, at the time, of Daniels and Roscoe. I'm hoping they don't feel too discouraged.

I agree with part 2 of your post, but he (after all of 2 games) is playing a lot better than freshman Kemba or Bazz. The kid is poised and making good decisions in crunch time against quality opponents. Quite an amazing beginning to his UConn career.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
As soon as he took the floor against Florida State before even scoring a point you could just tell that he was gonna be a major factor for the rest of the year. His swagger is off the chart.

It's crazy that the year after the best guard in our schools history graduates we have improved our back court.

Reaction Score
As soon as he took the floor against Florida State before even scoring a point you could just tell that he was gonna be a major factor for the rest of the year. His swagger is off the chart.

It's crazy that the year after the best guard in our schools history graduates we have improved our back court.

Before anyone loses something in translation, I assume you mean that since Napier and Lamb are better as sophomores than they were as freshman, our overall backcourt has improved. And not that replacing Kemba with Boatright is an upgrade.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Before anyone loses something in translation, I assume you mean that since Napier and Lamb are better as sophomores than they were as freshman, our overall backcourt has improved. And not that replacing Kemba with Boatright is an upgrade.
I'm pretty sure he meant the backcourt is better :).

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Lamb, Bazz and Boat all benefit from having the other two around esp with the three G lineup. I mean a teams best defender can only guard one of them...OSU for instance puts Craft on who, Boat or Bazz?

If the bigs develop some consistency and the threes can play as well as Giffey did today, or better...this is a very scary team
Good point...same thing applies to UNC for that matter...Strickland is their only good perimeter defender & whoever he or Barnes would cover would be free to penetrate at will

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season I said DD had a shot at being our most explosive player because of his length, handle and shot, but I now see that DD plays more cool and collected like JL.

The Boatshow is what is going to bring us those huge plays and passes that make the crowd get in to the game.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

haha yea. Napier and Lamb significantly improved during the offseason and through out last season. But no one is better than Kemba...

Reaction Score
haha yea. Napier and Lamb significantly improved during the offseason and through out last season. But no one is better than Kemba...
For someone to be better than Kemba they at least have to get their number raised to the rafter right after winning a NC.

Reaction Score

Sorry, but I don't agree with that. Kemba is Kemba...I don't care if he has Joe Shmo as his running mate, any backcourt with that kid on the floor is going to be the best in the nation.

Reaction Score
last year Bazz was the straw and this year it's Boat. He is fearless, fast, unselfish, and he makes everyone around him a scoring weapon.

Reaction Score
last year Bazz was the straw and this year it's Boat. He is fearless, fast, unselfish, and he makes everyone around him a scoring weapon.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the kid but let me see him against a quality BE team. We have 2 "straws" this year.

Reaction Score
While I think we will be using Boat like we did Bazz last year minutes wise but I think he is a lot more like Kemba in one respect (from the two games I have watched).

Our team is somewhat used to having a player (Kemba) who is fired up every second of every game on every single play. Our team is also somewhat used to watching that player create situations (penetration) that the rest of the team can capitalize on. Boat seems to be that guy and if he can do it night in and night out it does put us back into a comfort zone that worked really well for us last year.

He seems to have that "Kemba move" where he can fake a blow bye because of his speed and then jump stop and nail a open J. Also like Kemba he seems to not mind contact of any kind. One of my favorite plays last game was when he drove right to the basket and that giant dude Abron was right under the basket and Boat just ran him over. 160 vs 266 and he still got the rock in the basket. Nice.

Reaction Score
Boat looks a little rushed tonight, but I like the way he got Alex involved. In the meantime, Bazz is like "look at me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom