Boatright Technical Explanation | The Boneyard

Boatright Technical Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“@DaveBorges: Ollie on Boatright 'T': “Boatright raised his hands up, and the ref said he showed them up. That’s their explanation.””

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, how about not sucking so badly that you make ridiculous calls, dipsh1t.

(obviously aimed at the refs not TCF)

Reaction Score
How often do you see a guy do exactly what Boat did? 50 times a game?
I think what pushed it over the edge was when he grabbed the ball first then deliberately put it down to throw his hands up

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They said arm-barring on defense is a foul, yet the give a technical foul for not arm-barring. Logic.

Reaction Score
The kid has kept his calm basically for 95% of the games and this is a testament to his growth as a person. Impressed with how he's handled the frustrations, wonderful senior year for him. All while being triple teamed, man handled at times and carrying the team.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The call was bad, but at least the technical was worse.

Complaining about the refs is generally nonsense, but I think someone could actually shoot Boatright on the court and not draw a whistle.

Reaction Score
You see the ref give a T a lot in situation like that when they know they made a horrible call and they're feeling sensitive about it.
Yeah that's where you see the traits of a horrible ref come out

Reaction Score
"They showed me up." That is, about as explicitly as it can be put, a call purely based on ego. That call in that pivotal moment came from some idiot's small opinion of himself, and nothing at all basketball-related.

That's the excuse middle school kids give for why they punched someone.

Reaction Score
This was a case where the refs should understand that they made the worst foul call in basketball and give Boatright some leeway on the T. The guy basically Ghandi'd, he put his arms up, said something like "what!?" and then just had his arms up, its the most non-threatening thing he could do. He wasn't charging at the ref, he wasnt screaming, he wasnt visibly angry or violent, he wasn't taunting anyone....

2 of the worst foul calls I've ever seen.

hey TCF, can you make a highlight reel of all of the times the commentators have stopped what they're doing to talk about how awful a call against us is in the last 15 games? Seems like its been a pretty common thing, specifically when we're the away team

Reaction Score
Horrible call but I thought our team should have been T'd up for the defense they played

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
On most games the annonuncers spend time criticizing the refs in this league. They need to be replaced with competent unbiased officials.

Reaction Score
They called a T on Hammons on the game prior when he had a nice dunk and was backing away and gave it a scream while looking at a player. Some ref's just need to make THE call to feel good. Most of those guys suck!

Reaction Score
Oh the Donny Marshall T. Brings back memories.
They did ask KO about that when he went back to Providence two years ago, and he basically said Donny deserved it. Looking at the old video, I think he did. Boat certainly didn't deserve his.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Donny definitely deserved it. That was taunting before taunting was considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom