Boatright should start over Napier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright should start over Napier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why don't they run? Shabazz? That's funny you can be a lifelong fan all you want but this doean't prove you know anything about basketball. They don't run because they don't rebound and outlet well enough that's why. When they do run they look great and have a few times. Can you tell me the last time you saw Alex throw a two handed outlet to Shabazz at halfcourt? Okay..................

And I love Roscoe and yes he brings toughness and D, rebounding but one thing is for certain he can't dribble more than once, can't create his own shot and can't pass the ball as of yet. Actually quite scary with the ball against a good man-to-man and not a great guy to have in against the zone.

Other than those 2 things everything else you have said has some legitimacy!!

Talking about how this team can't rebound well, that gives credence to everything I said about Roscoe who is in my opinion the best rebounder on the team, and the best defender on the team. Like I said before Roscoe who was a starter on last year's title team and a big contributor has been backing up Deandre Daniels so far even though Roscoe is a better overall player and contributor to this team right now, and you guy have no problem with this. However, you guys have a problem with a more talented Boatright starting over Napier who was a bench player on last year's team.

Napier is probably the slowest point guard in the big east. He is not going to be able to guard the point guards of cuse, louisville,georgetown, marquette, pitt, nova.

Nappier slows the game down and puts uconn in a position which is not their strength. We need to take advantage of the speed and athleticism of drummond and lamb on the break with someone who can actually lead it.

here is my starting lineup

boat
lamb
scoe
alex
drummond

The bench: Olander, Daniels, Giffey, and Shabazz

Reaction Score
Just when I thought the new board would be much different than the old one, we get posts like this. Bazz has been absolutely outstanding the first 6 games (including the exhibition games) and simply had a clunker. By the way it didn't help that Lamb and the rest of the wing players shot the ball poorly.

Also keep in mind it was a back-to-back game and Bazz has not been a 100%. Just having one day between games can go a long way for a banged up player. He had a bad game. With no one stepping he tried to force things too much. He didn't do a good job of getting the team to execute well in the halfcourt against the 2-3 zone. Some blame should go to the coaching staff for not having them ready to successfully attack that zone.

Also give UCF some credit. What I noticed in the earlier games are three major factors why we came out on top. One was our superior athleticism. Two was our deep shooting bailed out the bad half-court execution and three was our opponent wore down and didn't execute well against us.

UCF fought for a full 40 and never wilted. They were close or equal to us athletically and we shot the ball like .

Please can we just give this team 10 or more games before we draw any conclusions...and even then, last season should give us all pause, knowing a team can change on a dime and win 11 straight and bring home the hardware that counts most.

Reaction Score
The worst part is, the OP could just be a 10 year old kid. Who knows.
If it was Christmas dinner, we'd all laugh a bit and pat him on the head.
That's amusing Bobby. Sure. We'll start Boatright. Finish your peas.

But because this is an internets message board, he blends in like one of us. You can't tell he's 10. He gets a handful of grown men to run a thread to 3 pages by - get this - making the argument that guy we haven't seen play one minute should start over a guy who has been our best player through 5 games and recently posted a triple double - from the guard position. There should have been 3 grinning/eye rolling emoticons posted and thread dead.

Peas Bobby. Peas.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Our offense against the zone yesterday reminded me of the trouble we had last year. We had no idea what to do, especially our bigs. Is it possible for them to set an effective screen? We looked frustrated and that was reflected on the defensive end. My prediction is they will work it out. I think we need a Roscoe Black Eye Moment to toughen up the squad.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious to me that aryan and markt are the same poster. Both use the same phrases: 'I've been a life long husky fan' and 'Be honest with yourself.' Most likely an adolescent SJU fan who likes to stir us up. He realized his markt handle had run its course and came back with this slightly softer approach.

Please ignore him and his posts.

Reaction Score
Our offense against the zone yesterday reminded me of the trouble we had last year. We had no idea what to do, especially our bigs. Is it possible for them to set an effective screen? We looked frustrated and that was reflected on the defensive end. My prediction is they will work it out. I think we need a Roscoe Black Eye Moment to toughen up the squad.

I completely agree with everything you said. The difference is last year we had Kemba and I was never worried about the team even though we had a bad stretch during the Big East games. This year we don't have that guy who can be the closer and finish games off for UCONN and definitely not in the half court where teams can play zone because they know UCONN can't shoot from outside. This is a recurring problem for UCONN. That being said, I have seen Boatright play at Gampel, and he has Kemba-like skills from everything I have seen from him. He will help us run and get in the open court which will allow Drummond to blossom and dominate in the open floor.

In the long run this loss will prove to be beneficial for UCONN because we have a chance to boost our OOC with hopefully wins over Florida State today, and then Harvard next week, along with Arkansas, and Tennessee which is a good OOC slate if we win all of them.

Reaction Score
I completely agree with everything you said. The difference is last year we had Kemba and I was never worried about the team even though we had a bad stretch during the Big East games. This year we don't have that guy who can be the closer and finish games off for UCONN and definitely not in the half court where teams can play zone because they know UCONN can't shoot from outside. This is a recurring problem for UCONN. That being said, I have seen Boatright play at Gampel, and he has Kemba-like skills from everything I have seen from him. He will help us run and get in the open court which will allow Drummond to blossom and dominate in the open floor.

In the long run this loss will prove to be beneficial for UCONN because we have a chance to boost our OOC with hopefully wins over Florida State today, and then Harvard next week, along with Arkansas, and Tennessee which is a good OOC slate if we win all of them.

By the way I am a long time UCONN fan, and i could care less for any other school in the big east. I just want UCONN to win and dominate, and to bring a different perspective to the boneyard. I love this team and would hate to see this talent wasted like some other UCONN teams who should have gone all the way.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
OK - just checked the IPs - both are the same isp and would you believe the exact same hostname. What are the odds?

Stop responding to either immediately. I'll ban this one and have the admins get rid of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom