Boatright quote about Hurley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright quote about Hurley

Reaction Score
Speaking of this, I hope for Bazz's sake he makes that NBA cash for a few more years, but I would love to get him back in the program as a coach asap. He's definitely got a future in coaching if he wants it.
He was back for the Memphis game I think and I think we should see some familiar faces come back for the big East games

Reaction Score
Speaking of this, I hope for Bazz's sake he makes that NBA cash for a few more years, but I would love to get him back in the program as a coach asap. He's definitely got a future in coaching if he wants it.

this is his biggest stage yet. with wall & beal out, it’s him and ish smith. hope he makes the best of it.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to look too deep into Boat's Tweet. I chose to relish in the fact that a relative "outsider" has quickly embraced the successful people and culture that came before him as he works to become a cornerstone of our next level.

Agreed and more like Borges promoting his own article versus Boat spewing random thoughts.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I rewatched the Florida F4 game today. Holy crap was Boat good.... really makes you respect the insights of Greg Anthony and Kerr who could see the little things they were doing to absolutely control those games.
I rewatched that run recently, UConn was the best team. And Kerr was great in 2011 as well.

Reaction Score
I remember the way he deked Kentucky when he took a rebound back out, then spun and drove baseline with a reverse layup. Shocked Kentucky.

I love that play. Felt like we were just messing with them.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Chief will say this, some ex KO players felt he didn’t exactly work hard towards placing them in The League or overseas as Calhoun wound have done.

That may be true Chief, but in the article Boatright didn't sound bitter - he offered some advice to the current guys on what he would have done differently, which read to me like he takes ownership of and is at peace with how his shot at the League went down

Reaction Score
It's not a comparative statement. There is no allusion he doesn't love playing for JC AND KO And DH. Accept the statement for what it is praise of DH and nothing derogatory towards any other coach.

Just a minute now. This sounds like a reasonable, considered, opinion on a fake controversy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I still feel what hurt Boat the most his senior year is that he didn't have a Boat for a wingman. He's a guy I would like to find myself eating at the same restaurant with sometime so I can pick up his tab.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Just a minute now. This sounds like a reasonable, considered, opinion on a fake controversy.
I'm sorry. I won't do it again. I promise

Reaction Score
Chief will say this, some ex KO players felt he didn’t exactly work hard towards placing them in The League or overseas as Calhoun wound have done.
The overseas part I definitely get, heck we've heard a lot of stories about that over the years but what do you mean by "placing them in The League"? Who did Calhoun get in the league?

Reaction Score
The overseas part I definitely get, heck we've heard a lot of stories about that over the years but what do you mean by "placing them in The League"? Who did Calhoun get in the league?
Cliff Robinson never makes the NBA if Jim Calhoun doesn't show up. Yes NBA draft slept on him, but thereafter Cliffy and Jimmy made sure all the UConn players that came after were noticed, repped, promoted, showcased (KFree) etc..

Reaction Score
Wow! How many NBA players did Jim get in the League? Do you think Jake V, Hilton and Travis would be rich today, if they played college somewhere else?
My bad I definitely misunderstood what you said. I wasn’t thinking in terms of development, for some reason I thought in terms of after college, actively trying to find teams for guys like overseas guys etc

Reaction Score
My two cents..DH and current staff taking advantage of "building bridges" with former players for the benefit of the current team.. Rich/colorful history and a lot of knowledge being shared among the players..BB careers and then about Life after they're over.. I see it as DH respecting the Program he has inherited and leveraging and valuing it.. An essential component of building a Program is marrying the past with the present..As it should be..

Reaction Score
Boat would make a great Globetrotter. I mean that as like a compliment.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I still feel what hurt Boat the most his senior year is that he didn't have a Boat for a wingman. He's a guy I would like to find myself eating at the same restaurant with sometime so I can pick up his tab.
Boat and Purvis should have been a great backcourt but there was literally not a second ball handler on that entire team. Cassell Jr??

Reaction Score
From the article, Boat talking about Shabazz:
“You ask anybody that was around the program, they’ll tell you we didn’t see eye-to-eye on a lot of things in my first year, and part of my second year. It took my second half of my sophomore season, from there on, we became best friends. (Kevin Ollie) made us live together my sophomore year, and that played a big role in our relationship. And now we’re best friends.”

I had never heard that about KO forcing them to room together, pretty shrewd move.
Worked for Avon Barksdale and Opie Winston

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My bad I definitely misunderstood what you said. I wasn’t thinking in terms of development, for some reason I thought in terms of after college, actively trying to find teams for guys like overseas guys etc
Elmer Harrison.
JC called Tony Hanson and got EJ a look. He played in Britain for 14 seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom