Boatright quote about Hurley | The Boneyard

Boatright quote about Hurley

Reaction Score
Article posted on CT Insider - anyone have one of those links to the article text?

Reaction Score
I rewatched the Florida F4 game today. Holy crap was Boat good. Really, he was tremendous the whole run. His defense was Ricky-esque, he hit countless foul line pull-ups in big spots, and took the ball to the hoop like AI. Watching him and Bazz just dominate was really cool and it really makes you respect the insights of Greg Anthony and Kerr who could see the little things they were doing to absolutely control those games.

Reaction Score
I rewatched the Florida F4 game today. Holy crap was Boat good. Really, he was tremendous the whole run. His defense was Ricky-esque, he hit countless foul line pull-ups in big spots, and took the ball to the hoop like AI. Watching him and Bazz just dominate was really cool and it really makes you respect the insights of Greg Anthony and Kerr who could see the little things they were doing to absolutely control those games.

I remember the way he deked Kentucky when he took a rebound back out, then spun and drove baseline with a reverse layup. Shocked Kentucky.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm not going to look too deep into Boat's Tweet. I chose to relish in the fact that a relative "outsider" has quickly embraced the successful people and culture that came before him as he works to become a cornerstone of our next level.

Reaction Score
I remember the way he deked Kentucky when he took a rebound back out, then spun and drove baseline with a reverse layup. Shocked Kentucky.

It's cool to watch the games before (I watched all of 'em except for St. Joe's the last few months) and see him teasing that move to see if he could get a defender to bite. Doing it in the Natty game was so freakin' good. Calipari signaled for a timeout before Boat even finished the layup he was so pissed.

Reaction Score
That was a great read -- happy they established that program.

From the article, Boat talking about Shabazz:
“You ask anybody that was around the program, they’ll tell you we didn’t see eye-to-eye on a lot of things in my first year, and part of my second year. It took my second half of my sophomore season, from there on, we became best friends. (Kevin Ollie) made us live together my sophomore year, and that played a big role in our relationship. And now we’re best friends.”

I had never heard that about KO forcing them to room together, pretty shrewd move.

Reaction Score
From the article, Boat talking about Shabazz:
“You ask anybody that was around the program, they’ll tell you we didn’t see eye-to-eye on a lot of things in my first year, and part of my second year. It took my second half of my sophomore season, from there on, we became best friends. (Kevin Ollie) made us live together my sophomore year, and that played a big role in our relationship. And now we’re best friends.”

I had never heard that about KO forcing them to room together, pretty shrewd move.
Smart move, Bazz and Boat are strong personality lead dogs and Bazz is about the most demanding college player ever, he had the mentality of an old coach as a 20 year old.

Reaction Score
That was a really good article. I love how Hurley is going out of his way to connect with the older players. It seems like having Taliek on staff is making that a little easier for him. Given the Ollie situation, I don't think Ive ever heard or read anything negative coming from the former players about Hurley. I remember after the Memphis game this season when Hurley went over to see Shabazz after the game was over and gave him a hug before going into the locker room. I think that really said a lot because Shabazz had a great relationship with both Calhoun and KO. For him to embrace Hurley like that sends a loud message.

Reaction Score
I think Boat recognizes Hurley as his type of person/coach - he’s been quite vocal about him the past couple seasons.

Imagine Hurley’s sideline antics after a Boat steal or dunk leading to a timeout? My goodness

Reaction Score
Speaking of this, I hope for Bazz's sake he makes that NBA cash for a few more years, but I would love to get him back in the program as a coach asap. He's definitely got a future in coaching if he wants it.

Smart move, Bazz and Boat are strong personality lead dogs and Bazz is about the most demanding college player ever, he had the mentality of an old coach as a 20 year old.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom