Boatright - Draft Combine Measurements | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boatright - Draft Combine Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He already signed a contract to play baseball...can't remember which team, but he got something like a half million signing bonus so he's definitely started cashing in. He returned to ND, but not without a good deal of money in hand

Signed with the Orioles. But, from the local papers and those who know him infer, it wouldn't be a surprise if he chose to pursue hoops if drafted. I believe the Celts have interviewed him as part of the pre-draft process.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I just don't see Boat getting drafted. He should have a fantastic career overseas.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I just don't see Boat getting drafted. He should have a fantastic career overseas.
I have to agree. He MIGHT get drafted late 2nd...but I'm not counting on it. Seems like he's the type of player that'll do really well in China.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
He'll def play in the NBA summer league.... From there who knows: he could possibly earn a backup/3rd string PG slot on a team, play his way into the NBA via the D-leaugue, or make bread overseas. Since he's older, that may play factor in his willingness to tough in out in the developmental

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I see a Russ Smith/Peyton Siva path for Boatright out of the gate. He could get picked up late second round but I really doubt we see him in any regular season game action. Hope he continues to put in the work and achieves his dream.

Reaction Score
boat is a hungry guy. I also expect him to have good workouts individually to propel into the second round.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I think Boat gets drafted in 2nd round. He has hit a couple of and has played within the team concept.
He is playing smart.

Reaction Score
I was really looking forward to Ryan's jumping stats at the combine since we all know the kid can jump out of the gym. Then, I see, standing verticle...32". Huh? Compare that to UConn's corner back Byron Jones' standing verticle of 44.5". I guess Byron is a freak. And Ryan's 41" run-up verticle was still pretty highly ranked at the combine. Really rooting for the kid, nice showing in yesterday's 5 on 5.

Reaction Score
boatright has very good representation, i expect he'll get plenty of workouts for the right teams

Reaction Score
Pat Connaughton crushed the vertical today.

I enjoyed a post on r/nba detailing his profile from "legit" scouting guys like Draft Express.

To preface this, not only did he have the highest max vertical, he also had the highest standing vertical and quickest lane agility and 3/4 court sprint times. So, he was definitively the best athlete at the combine.

"Showing the highest motor of perhaps anyone we saw this weekend, Pat Connaughton (#87 Scout, Unranked Rivals, #100 ESPN) is a gritty player who finds ways to get involved in a ton of plays on both ends of the court, bringing a non-stop hustle to the game to go along with an intriguing foundation of skills."

"Connaughton is a tough player with deceptive athleticism, being more powerful than quick"

"Looking forward, Connaughton's size and lack of great athletic tools limit his long-term potential. . . but his intangibles, motor, and basketball IQ could make him a very valuable rotation player in college."

"He is a flat out winner who compensates for some of his deficiencies through his competitiveness, work ethic, and ability to impact the game in different ways."

"Pat Connaughton will probably get a Portsmouth invite at the end of the year as a 6’5″ shooter, but ultimately probably doesn’t have enough athleticism to defend on the NBA level."

Talk about stereotypes...

Reaction Score
*snip*
Talk about stereotypes...
You just quoted a scouting report from 2011.

I'm not going to pretend pigmentation doesn't come into play, but at least be recent with your gripes.

Reaction Score
I can't find the article now, but apparently connaughton was getting asked in the interview session about it being difficult to be an athletic white guy, and similarly ridiculous questions.

Also, Joel Embiid first question to trey lyles was, "why didn't you go to Kansas?"

Reaction Score
Boat is looking kinda sloppy at the moment on ESPN2. Also looks liked he tweeked left knee a bit. Favoring it slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom