Boatright - Draft Combine Measurements | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright - Draft Combine Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How exactly is the max vertical measured? I know they jump up and hit the markers, but is it the distance reached above their height, or their standing reach, or something else?

Reaction Score
How exactly is the max vertical measured? I know they jump up and hit the markers, but is it the distance reached above their height, or their standing reach, or something else?

Distance above standing reach.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
#humblebrag
Haha, nah it ain't like that brah, was just saying I was surprised, still remember his slam dunk contest with Chief's boy Drummond at first night, RB has crazy hops, wonder if playing a full scrimmage beforehand played any part.

Reaction Score
Pat Connaughton crushed the vertical today.
That he did:

Edit: He crushed the 3/4 court sprint and shuttle agility drill, too. Kid made himself a lot of money today.

Connaughton and Rozier probably tested out as the best athletes in the draft, with Boat a half-step below them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That he did:

Edit: He crushed the 3/4 court sprint and shuttle agility drill, too. Kid made himself a lot of money today.

Connaughton and Rozier probably tested out as the best athletes in the draft, with Boat a half-step below them.

I don't think he'll be playing professional basketball anyway. Supposedly he's a highly thought of MLB pitching prospect.

Reaction Score
I don't think he'll be playing professional basketball anyway. Supposedly he's a highly thought of MLB pitching prospect.
He is, but according to what I've read basketball is his first love.

Given his athleticism, size/length, shooting stroke and decent court vision, I'll be shocked if he's not a second round pick. He has the makings of a Danny Green or Iman Shumpert-type of 3-and-D wing.

Reaction Score
DID YOU GUYS KNOW BASKETBALL ISN'T EVEN HIS BEST SPORT?????

Reaction Score
He's clearly a better baseball prospect but I think he will make the NBA, Matrim's comparisons are good.

Reaction Score
You have to have a ton of respect for a kid that could have cashed in his chips and made a nice living playing baseball, but instead decided to return to Notre Dame even though he was hardly on the NBA's radar.

I've wondered for a while why he wasn't getting more NBA buzz. He was as well-rounded a player as you could find in the college game last year.

Reaction Score
I've wondered for a while why he wasn't getting more NBA buzz. He was as well-rounded a player as you could find in the college game last year.
I don't think folks realized how long & athletic he is. And now they're busy not realizing how good a creator he can be off the slash-and-kick - kid's not a playmaker the way Ginobili (for example) is, but he's got vision.

Wish we'd recruited him, but I can't complain too much about the way the last 4 years went.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think if anyone in sports today can do double duty, it's Connaughton. Not sure if the logistics will work out, but dude has the skills.

Reaction Score
You have to have a ton of respect for a kid that could have cashed in his chips and made a nice living playing baseball, but instead decided to return to Notre Dame even though he was hardly on the NBA's radar.

He already signed a contract to play baseball...can't remember which team, but he got something like a half million signing bonus so he's definitely started cashing in. He returned to ND, but not without a good deal of money in hand

Reaction Score
He already signed a contract to play baseball...can't remember which team, but he got something like a half million signing bonus so he's definitely started cashing in. He returned to ND, but not without a good deal of money in hand

I know, but he also turned down a lot, IIRC.

Reaction Score
Boat's vert has to be north of 42".... When playing fball I maxed out at 40.5" and RB has way more hops than myself
Thats nothing! I max out at 48" with this new step ladder i bought. My hangtime is ridiculous depending on how long it takes to change the light bulb

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Really nice of Izzo to offer a thoughtful retelling of MSU's experience playing Boatright.

At least he now admits we played well.

Reaction Score
Most impressive thing about Boat is he played at 152 lbs., that's freaking tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom