Boat was awesome today... | The Boneyard

Boat was awesome today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boat looked like he just knew he was the only one out there that could deliver this team out of their funk today.

I'm just glad he's leaving UConn with a Ring, because he has little to work with in his Senior year. The kid is a baller and one our best.

Watching him today he actually reminded me of a smaller Ben Gordon.

628x471.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Every time USF got close, Boat delivered. My favorite Husky of all time.

Was at the game. Glad I got to see him set his career best scoring in person!

He is in my top 2 favorite players of all time... the other being Kemba... oh forget it, I can't keep being rational about this, Boat is my favorite player of all time, loved his heart and athleticism from day one!

I just wish he would not over-think and just play. He needs to shoot more but sometimes he seems to want to fit the mold of a "PG" and forces some passes, he should be aggressive finding his shot and driving into the lane from the get go, and let the assists just come more naturally. He is a scorer and nothing wrong about that... the assists will come he just needs to be comfortable with being a shoot first pg and acknowledge the fact that this team doesn't have the same shooters or skill level as last year's team.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Boat was awesome and tough when the team needed him. He has a big heart and is a gamer. I think if you were to ask him and KO, they would say it certainly was not one of his better overall games. Congrats to Boat on the scoring record for him and he looks like he is getting back to 100% again. I look forward to seeing the RB pre injury from now on.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty clear his leg has been bothering and that's why he and the team have been slumping. If we want to be a tourny team and make any kind of run we need Boat to get back to the form we know he's capable of. Kid is all heart.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
During the past several weeks its been obvious that Boat has been deferring to teammates giving them the ball and his assist #s have gone up. This is probably correlated to his leg injury as others have said. Its been good that others have gotten an opportunity, but Boat most likely needs to carry this team as we head towards March to get to the NCAAs and further. It was just beautiful when he just turned it on hitting those shots in the last 5 minutes of the game to put it beyond reach, bringing up memories of Bazz and Kemba.

Reaction Score
I think that no Boat, no ring last year and Bazz was raised to the rafters as he deserved to be, but in the absence of a ring this year I don't think Boat gets hoisted. And he deserves.

Reaction Score
Ok I was at the game and it's tougher to keep up with all that's going on so I will ask the board this:

Was it just me or was anyone else saying "shoot it" when Boat had open looks? I mean he was sensational yesterday and we won so I am not bitching at all. But he hit his first 2 or 3 and they were all nothing but nylon and he looked like he had "IT" right away. But he kept passing up open 3's and mid range jumpers to try to create more. I mean it worked out but he left some more points on the board I think because he had the stroke cooking for the most part.

Nice job throwing them on his shoulders for this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom