Boat, Purv, Omar, Facey, Brimah | The Boneyard

Boat, Purv, Omar, Facey, Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we be successful with this lineup? Seems like it be may our best configuration of players. Gives you the option of giving Hamilton plenty of minutes spelling Facey or Omar. DHam seems as though he may need a few games off the bench to take the pressure off.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can we be successful with this lineup? Seems like it be may our best configuration of players. Gives you the option of giving Hamilton plenty of minutes spelling Facey or Omar. DHam seems as though he may need a few games off the bench to take the pressure off.
Hamilton needs to start. Other than boat he is the most consistent in terms of scoring and behind facey in terms of rebounding. Omar needs to come off the bench to be that spark. He looks comfortable coming off the bench and handling the ball.

Reaction Score
Nah - Hamilton should only come out of the starting lineup if he's injured. Does too many things where even if his shot his off, he can still pass and rebound and still force defenses to react to him. Omar coming off the bench can hunt for shots and not worry about much else - feel like that's a good niche for him.

Reaction Score
Hamilton needs to start. Other than boat he is the most consistent in terms of scoring and behind facey in terms of rebounding. Omar needs to come off the bench to be that spark. He looks comfortable coming off the bench and handling the ball.
He's also the best passer on the team. He's gotten Amida more easy dunks than everyone else on the team combined.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He's also the best passer on the team. He's gotten Amida more easy dunks than everyone else on the team combined.
that's what i love, the kid looks for his shot but looks even more to pass the ball i love watching him play... the entire year last year i felt we could run plays that teams in the nba run for howard and chandler with the pick and roll with the bigs running to the rim but we never did... now we can because we have a point forward who can put it on the floor forcing the defenders to stay with him or stay with brimah

Reaction Score
Clearly, DHam needs to work on his handle and gets in trouble when he dribbles to much. Other than that, the kid has ridiculous upside and right now is our second best player on the team. He needs to start.

Reaction Score
Omar as a vet, who watched guys like Giffey,and Kromah come off the bench last year ,he should be okay with a bench roll. It's much more important to be out there at crunch time than at the start anyway.
There is a much greater likelyhood of hurting the confidence of RP,and especially kids like DH.
This isn't a deep team to began with.

Reaction Score
I like this lineup if we need an offensive spark, especially if Calhoun and Purvis are shooting the way they did in the Florida game. Depending on the situation I would even swap out Facey for Hamilton.

Reaction Score
On top of what everyone else said about DHam, outside of Boat, he is also right now the only one else who can create their shot.

No starting lineup can be without him

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's not that there is one "right" lineup against every opponent.

It's that having Calhoun, Purvis, Hamilton and Facet aging well allows Ollie to adjust and find the right combo against the opponent.

Ollie has the ability to adjust in game and find the combo that works. His ability to see what is happening in-game and adjust personnel is what makes him a championship coach.

The players playing to their potential allows Ollie to demonstrate that skill.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Supposed to say Facey playing well.

Damn swype/autocorrect/Sailor Jerry kicking in.

caw

Reaction Score
Calhoun should get plenty of PT backing up both the two and the three. He doesn't need to start, but IMO if he does, it would be over Purvis because Hamilton brings his passing and rebounding. I think Calhoun will be OK getting 20-25 a night as the backup there.

Reaction Score
Like many said we need to worry about who's playing more minutes and closing minutes - that can all change game-to-game.

Today I liked the lineup they came out of the 3:52 left TO with Omar and Purvis (both making shots) out there with DHam Boat and AB. The timing for that was good and the Gators needed to spot everyone on the floor, no sagging.

Reaction Score
Supposed to say Facey playing well.

Damn swype/autocorrect/Sailor Jerry kicking in.

He's fine but he struggled the most today. Missed a nice pass for dunk from Rodney, messed up a couple defensive assignments. He also got called for a travel that wasn't a travel and was mugged on the putback. He'll have these and I expect a nice bounce back the next one!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's fine but he struggled the most today. Missed a nice pass for dunk from Rodney, messed up a couple defensive assignments. He also got called for a travel that wasn't a travel and was mugged on the putback. He'll have these and I expect a nice bounce back the next one!

I mentioned on another thread that I expect more 10pt 8 rebound or 8 Point 10 rebound games, but still realize he has games like today in him.

As you said In expect a bounce back game out of him.

Reaction Score
Removing Hamilton from the starting lineup would be a bad move for a number of reasons:

1. Considering who will be coming back next year, Ollie should be building for next season almost as much as he's trying to win this year. Starting Hamilton gives you the best chance at both. You want him to have as much meaningful experience as possible for next season, and you'll also need him playing well down the stretch for this team to have any shot at a postseason run this year.

2. Omar is the only consistent bench player at the moment, and he's a versatile one at that - he can back up the wing and play some minutes at the 2. Conversely, you have no idea how Hamilton would react to a move to the bench. So long as Omar gets the minutes he deserves, I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

3. All things considered, Hamilton is the second or third best player on this team. He belongs in the starting lineup for that reason alone.

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
I mentioned on another thread that I expect more 10pt 8 rebound or 8 Point 10 rebound games, but still realize he has games like today in him. As you said In expect a bounce back game out of him.

Facey started well. The travel wasn't a travel (that would have had him on the line), and he had an "and one" on a nice move taken away from him by a quick foul call. Then he tailed off and was a non-factor. He needs to keep rebounding to stay out there, otherwise we get more firepower going small.

Perhaps a good sign that KO trusted him to play the 5 in a small lineup for a little bit. On a different night when Brimah is ineffective or in foul trouble, he could still play she we go small. I think that's the first time KO tried that unit.

Reaction Score
I never post, I just usually browse this site all the time but man I don't think I ever wanted Omar to be in a game so bad like I did today! I feel like him and Purvis just ignited the offense today! Btw I had a blast and felt like I was the loudest out there in the upper decks lol :)

Reaction Score
Facey started well. The travel wasn't a travel (that would have had him on the line), and he had an "and one" on a nice move taken away from him by a quick foul call. Then he tailed off and was a non-factor. He needs to keep rebounding to stay out there, otherwise we get more firepower going small.

Perhaps a good sign that KO trusted him to play the 5 in a small lineup for a little bit. On a different night when Brimah is ineffective or in foul trouble, he could still play she we go small. I think that's the first time KO tried that unit.

Saw Kentan go out to the perimeter to guard Frazier for a while and stayed with him for a set, looked good - got low and when Frazier rev'd the ball he went out under control with his butt down and ready to guard. He's getting there and some point will be very valuable, more than rebounding that is. He still gets lost and confused occasionally on switches (holds the hedge too long) on top and also on help down low. It's getting better though and so is he! He had a chance to shoot it yesterday and elected not to - he needs to take the open 12-15 footers when given.

Reaction Score
DH is not coming off the bench. Unless due to injuries I believe the starting lineup for the rest of the year is RB RP DH KF AB. Omar's minute should increase though. I am so happy for him and he says he still not 100% so look for more improvement. SCjr should only see the floor if we are in foul trouble or a blowout. A tired RB > fresh SCjr. So we have a nice rotation of 8 players. Amazing that less that 1/2 of a game can make us feel so much better about the season.

Reaction Score
I still think we will get a couple big plays from Sam Jr at some point and Phil N too.

Reaction Score
We've already lost Lubin from the rotation and Jr. is going out soon as well. We have a 7.5 man rotation unless Nolan ups his game. It doesn't matter who starts. All 7 guys are going to get their minutes, and who finishes will be a matter of match ups, situations and who is having a good or a poor game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hamilton is clearly a huge talent. His main weaknesses so far are his handle and on court awareness/decision making. Now ironically, even though he gets himself into trouble with the decision making he is a great passer.

Both will improve in time as he's a freshman.

As BL stated above it's a 7 man rotation pending Phil coming in for AB when he's in foul trouble.

It can't be said enough though - Omar being freshman year Omar is absolutely huge. You have to love the kids resolve and toughness.

Reaction Score
Can't say it's his handle at all from what I see. Daniel is a solid ball handler for his size, could get better but really good for his spot. His decision making is what makes his ball handling look suspect. Again yesterday in the first half he took a rebound from end to end and the Gatos transition defense was good so there was nothing there yet he took it to the FT line and spun into a double team and lost it, KO was crazed. He needs to identify opportunities vs trouble is all. He'll get there he's a huge talent and will transform into a great player soon. When the TO's come down the points and assists will go up. He's our 2nd best rebounder and a real good one for a frosh at that spot.

Reaction Score
Nolan is so valuable its not even funny. talk of him falling out of the rotation is preposterous. Given he is pretty raw and not good at anything other than defensive positioning , we need SOME big body coming off the bench. similar to the role olander played later in his years.

heres a idea, never feed him the ball on a fast break. he has terrible hands that aren't getting better ( brimah is working hard on getting better and its showing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom