Bluestar raves about Stewart | The Boneyard

Bluestar raves about Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is there anything that Breanna can't do? I just can not wait until she gets to UCONN.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is there anything that Breanna can't do? I just can not wait until she gets to UCONN.
Fly, at least not without her invisable plane.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
"Her size alone is an imposing presence on the floor but it’s the added combination of an off the charts vertical and a wingspan Boeing would be proud of that puts her in a position to make an impact at both ends of the court. While she can be dominant down low and work effectively at rim level, there are plenty of tools that make her equally a threat in the high post and on the perimeter in a four out or open post set. Her jumper is enough of a weapon to force defenders to close out tight and the ballhandling is there to get her to the rim when they overplay or come out of their stance. Point guard is most likely not on Geno Auriemma’s agenda for the UConn signee but she offered up a few glimpses of her backcourt efforts versus some challenging pressure situations with mixed results. Stewart’s impact defensively may only be rivaled by Britteny Griner’s presence in the college game."

The presence of a true post like Dolson and a defensive machine like Kelly is going to make Breanna absolute hell on wheels next season. She's going to play free safety and basically shut down everything out to the three-point line. She won't be in the starting lineup, but she will be in the crunch-time lineup with Stef, Bria, Kelly, and KML. That is going to be a nasty lineup defensively.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
You mean she can play 1-5? :)

Sounds like fun! Though, I am enjoying this group a ton, I'm betting the "sophomore leap" will be inspired to new heights by the incoming froshes.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I keep repeating myself. Breanna Stewart is the best player in WCBB right now and shes still in HS. Ive been hearing these stories about her for many years. You've heard the BB gurus saying everytime a great player comes along shes going to change the face of WCBB. Breanna is doing that right now and shes not here yet. With the players that Geno will surround her with the next 4 seasons at UConn could be the greatest assembleage of players and the greatest team ever put together in WCBB. Think about this. We could have 5 first team All Americans and kids coming off the bench that are 2nd and 3rd team AAs. This is going to be crazy good.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I keep repeating myself. Breanna Stewart is the best player in WCBB right now and shes still in HS. Ive been hearing these stories about her for many years. You've heard the BB gurus saying everytime a great player comes along shes going to change the face of WCBB. Breanna is doing that right now and shes not here yet. With the players that Geno will surround her with the next 4 seasons at UConn could be the greatest assembleage of players and the greatest team ever put together in WCBB. Think about this. We could have 5 first team All Americans and kids coming off the bench that are 2nd and 3rd team AAs. This is going to be crazy good.
totally agree Tony. and 2 of the best players he's surrounding her with are in her own class. that's key because it means Morgan and Moriah will get to play with her for 4 years. and both of them are really really good too.

Reaction Score
totally agree Tony. and 2 of the best players he's surrounding her with are in her own class. that's key because it means Morgan and Moriah will get to play with her for 4 years. and both of them are really really good too.
What does have Geno giddy is the prospect that these 3 will play together for 4 years,add KLM for 3 along with Banks and Stokes,2 years with Bria and Stef,1 with CD,Kelly, and Buck! Then you start going the other way and who we add for 2013,2014,2015 all years these kids with play with the 2012 class and............ If we get fill in the blanks:p to what we have OH MY:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom