Blue Out | The Boneyard

Blue Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ive seen the emails sent out by the university about the blue out and about the 2,000,000 fan and whatnot but I just keep feeling like this is going to be a complete gaff, especially with the game on national television

Anybody with knowledge know if the school will be giving out blue shirts for everybody the goes to the game? Cause if they dont, they are honestly going to get a sea of blue, red, white, grey, yellow, green, pink, etc.

The students will be in blue, but i think its safe to say that 70% of the fans at the game either have no idea about the blue out, or wont care enough to wear blue

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the t shirt thing is such a simple fix, it pisses me off. do ppl goto the game sna dnot wear blue onm purpose. no they are just casual fans enjoying themselves. thats fine. the more sucessful we are and bigger we grow the more of these types of fans will become hardcore/season tix type fans etc. but if we wanted to actually execute a real blue out its simple. call up 5 local biz's that are looking for a opportunity. get 35k blue shirts that say "uconn" or "connecticut" or w/e you want on the front and put the 5 sponsors on the back. they pay for it as advertising. students dont need them, they will be blue gear'd up and all set to rumble. this is a extremely easy way to do it. hand them out for each ticket at the gate. any extras? shoot/throw them into the stands at halftime as extras. now some casual fans not only have a blue uconn shirt but they wear it around randomly around town/at the little league game etcetc. all this takes is a junior year intern to do it for the athletic dept. why can't we get such easy thinsg done. fustrating.

Reaction Score
Ive seen the emails sent out by the university about the blue out and about the 2,000,000 fan and whatnot but I just keep feeling like this is going to be a complete gaff, especially with the game on national television

Anybody with knowledge know if the school will be giving out blue shirts for everybody the goes to the game? Cause if they dont, they are honestly going to get a sea of blue, red, white, grey, yellow, green, pink, etc.

The students will be in blue, but i think its safe to say that 70% of the fans at the game either have no idea about the blue out, or wont care enough to wear blue
Another problem is the national flag blue just doesn't stand out. I was looking at the student section during the Fordam game and 90% of the students had blue Uconn shirts on. It wasn't as noticable as when we play West Virginia and you look at the visitors section. The gold really comes out.

Reaction Score
a neat idea that always looks great on TV is one side of the stadium blue, and the other white....or top sections blue, lower level white.

however, im not sure our athletic dept can pull even a "blue out" off. hopefully pendergast is better than jeff at this stuff.

Reaction Score
Weather for gametime (as of now) is clear skies with temps in the upper 40s-low 50s. Expect the casual fans to be digging out their non-blue jackets.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is another huge factor ^ in most casual fans wear. me? i have uconn shirts/bball jerseys all day and 2 hoodies. alot of hc fans have alot, casual don't. thats why we need to start a new push with our uniforms/logos etc. get everyone on the sam epage and pump the out of it. adv the heck out of it. season tix package. if it cost 200 bucks for a tix, sell it for 300 and the package includes a shirt/hoodie/something wlse. call it the diehard fan package or something. expalin its for a all weather/blue out package and so on. this is just another little rant of mine. pick it apart if u want. but the bottom line is that there are a solid 100 ideas that our AD can use to get things going alot better then things are going now. its not like were bc fans wise right now, but we can do alot better...

Reaction Score
You know what, I don't buy into the "our fan base isn't there yet talk." Why? Because somehow, the University of Cincinnati can pull off successful black outs and seas of red with a program that is just as new as ours on the big stage. I'd argue their fan base is nearly the same. I'm just not buying that argument anymore.

I'd agree that national flag blue doesn't stand out. None of UConn's colors do. Unless they do the Penn State sea of white, it won't work. Actually, it won't work at all. UConn needs cooler brighter colors :confused:

Reaction Score
Another problem. The season tickets that are mailed say wear blue on them. With the advent of paying online & the ability to print scannable tickets (as the airlines do), these tickets don't print wear blue on them. I was at a concession stand near D gate last season on Blue out day, & a woman was admitted with one of these printed tickets. She was wearing a peach colored top.

Reaction Score
I will be wearing blue and hope people are aware of it. But lets face it, eveyrone is not going to be aware (especially people who make late plans to attend). I was not aware of this until I read it on this website. The bottom line is that the other schools who do these promotions actually hand out shirts - that is the only way you will ever get everyone to be in the correct color. Take a good look next time you see a white or yellow-out. Everyone in the crowd is wearing a handout.

I also agree with exit16...there should be a handout to incentivize season ticket holders. That is the least they can do if they are going to fire sale tickets to fill seats. 2 friends of mine had $14 ticket on the corner sidelines they bought from ticketmaster. I am sure the season ticket holders in that area paid full price plus $150/dontation per seat.

Reaction Score
Another problem. The season tickets that are mailed say wear blue on them. With the advent of paying online & the ability to print scannable tickets (as the airlines do), these tickets don't print wear blue on them. I was at a concession stand near D gate last season on Blue out day, & a woman was admitted with one of these printed tickets. She was wearing a peach colored top.
quite frankly, I dont look at the ticket until I am pull it from the pack as I head out to the game. I am only looking to see that I have the right opponent. It certainly helps to have it on the ticket for others to see, but once again - you need to provide the colors at the gate. What does a blue or white shirt cost these day - a couple of dollars?

Reaction Score
I bought 22 tickets through the group sales office at UConn and it mentions nothing about a blue out, and the extremely helpful and polite man who helped me mentioned nothing of a "oh by the way". I feel as though I follow the team very closely, can't afford season tix as a recent college grad, and still I really only learned of the blue out within the last week or so. I remember some season tix holders mentioning it when their tix arrived in the mail but still, you would've thought the school could've done a better job advertising it over the last month or so.

I couldn't attend the Fordham game, but did they mention it then? How many failed attempts in a row at a Blue Out will this be now? It's the same old tired out story, the ADept needs to pull their heads out of their ass and start changing tactics. It hasn't worked the last 5 times in a row with what you've been doing (1 Week notice it seems) so why would it work this time around?

Reaction Score
Tickets last year said "Blue Out" on them. This years tickets make no mention. I'm doing my best to spread the word to anyone I know who is attending. But im sure my dads wife will still wear white as she always does. With that being said, I think a "White Out" would make a bigger impression especailly on TV.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of not going to the game. This blue out is a total failure and I just won't stand for it. I'm hoping ESPN has technical difficulties so we aren't embarrassed on national TV.

Please continue......I wait with baited breath for what the next "uplifting" topic this board can come up with.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of not going to the game. This blue out is a total failure and I just won't stand for it. I'm hoping ESPN has technical difficulties so we aren't embarrassed on national TV.

Please continue......I wait with baited breath for what the next "uplifting" topic this board can come up with.

Lets talk about the play of the Huskies offense. . .

Reaction Score
OK, if the Huskie's offense keeps it up we have a good chance someday of having a silver-out.
Silver Out.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As someone mentioned earlier, season tickets that I got at least, didn't have any mention of a blue out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why are we doing this? After the NBA playoffs, this whole Color-Out thing is so played out. But the topic brings out some of my favorite posters. Those fans that stay home yet criticize those fans that actually go to games and support the program

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does the board have the ability to add a setting that blocks out any conversation about what people wear to games?

Reaction Score

here's my guess. student section 100 % blue.Everyone else: 25 % blue,25% gray,20% white,10% green,10% pink,5% yellow, and 5% all the colors in the rainbow :confused:Tooo many fans come for just a social gathering,and it just isn't a big deal to them.

Reaction Score
just checked stubhub and ticketmaster for tickets

none left on stubhub

ticketmaster maybe has 500 - 1000 left

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I got a message on Facebook about the Blue-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom