Blue Out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blue Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why are we doing this? After the NBA playoffs, this whole Color-Out thing is so played out. But the topic brings out some of my favorite posters. Those fans that stay home yet criticize those fans that actually go to games and support the program

Who's staying home?

Reaction Score
Who's staying home?

I haven't missed a game in seven years at home...The color-out thing is ridiculous, which is why I pointed it out again. Its embarrassing when the athletic department plans things like these for a game that is on national television. If people dont think its a big deal, look at the maryland game from the other day. Recruits watch all of these games, and when they see a stadium with plenty of empty seats, and fans that can't even wear the school's colors for a home game, they are going to see a school that doesn't care about football and they'll go to a school that will.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of not going to the game. This blue out is a total failure and I just won't stand for it. I'm hoping ESPN has technical difficulties so we aren't embarrassed on national TV.

Please continue......I wait with baited breath for what the next "uplifting" topic this board can come up with.
Are you serious or drunk ?

Reaction Score
Are you serious or drunk ?

Someday I'll be able to figure out how to use those smiley faces from my cell phone. Sarcasm is hard to read on here sometimes.

People could wear purple and I'd be there. I wish everyone would wear blue but my life is complicated enough without worrying about the blue out.

By the way...I'll be the one wearing the BCU maroon.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Recruits watch all of these games, and when they see a stadium with plenty of empty seats, and fans that can't even wear the school's colors for a home game, they are going to see a school that doesn't care about football and they'll go to a school that will.

Everybody killed that recruit that dropped Baylor because he didn't like the school colors. Now you are worried that we won't get recruits because some people won't wear blue. Just as stupid.

Reaction Score
Somehow I don't get the "excuses". You're a UConn sports fan. Why do you have to be told to wear blue?

All with whom I share tailgate festivities and sit with automatically have sometype of UConn shirt with a team (whatever sport) logo on it......every game.

Been to many college games.......none of them had to ask fans to wear team colors.

To me and my associates,,,,,it seems "automatic"

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Because I have a lot of UConn gear, and not all of it is blue?

Reaction Score
Is it possible to maybe get some ISU fans to wear blue in hopes of a successful "Blue Out?"

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
An extra 1,600 student tickets have been sold so theres a lot more blue

Reaction Score
Looks like Ticketmaster may still have around 1500-2500 tickets still available.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
They should do what Michigan did vs Notre Dame this past weekend in terms of giving every fan there yellow pom poms at least. I was there, that's how I know.

Reaction Score
Somehow I don't get the "excuses". You're a UConn sports fan. Why do you have to be told to wear blue?

All with whom I share tailgate festivities and sit with automatically have sometype of UConn shirt with a team (whatever sport) logo on it......every game.

Been to many college games.......none of them had to ask fans to wear team colors.

To me and my associates,,,,,it seems "automatic"

You got it exactly right

Reaction Score
I love the "Blue Out" concept....and I agree it should be an automatic.my one issue is Uconn still has it wrong. You conduct "White Outs" for night games, "Blue Outs" for day games. The fans dressed in dark colors just blend into the darkness....no intimidation factor. It would work much better the other way round. Note how visible Miss St. Fans looked on t.v

Reaction Score
The last few night I've done "blue balls.". It does get less noticeable as time goes on.

Reaction Score
I've seen some enterprizing people selling hats during tailgating. They should make up a load of blue shirts and guilt anyone that is not in blue to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom