OT: - Blue Jay's Need a Home | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Blue Jay's Need a Home

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Dan Schulman (PBP for the Jays on TV in Canada) this morning was saying one idea was for the Jays to be the home team in the stadium of their opponents in some cases. For example, 3 games at the Phillies, then the next 3 games supposed to be in Toronto just played in Philly but the Jays bat last. Reduces travel.

Reaction Score
You could play in NH where the Fisher Cats play the Jays AA affiliate, or Hartford.

Reaction Score
Dan Schulman (PBP for the Jays on TV in Canada) this morning was saying one idea was for the Jays to be the home team in the stadium of their opponents in some cases. For example, 3 games at the Phillies, then the next 3 games supposed to be in Toronto just played in Philly but the Jays bat last. Reduces travel.
Good thought but I still think Toronto may be at a disadvantage even without fans. Teams are often built based on the specifics of their home field such as dimensions and field surface. This arrangement would still favor a team such as the Phillies even if they change who bats last.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Sounds like it’s official that they’re coming to Pittsburgh.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Should just play in NYC. They can alternate between Citi Field and Yankee Stadium depending on the Mets and Yankees schedule. There would only be 4 dates where all 3 teams would be "home" but the Mets & Yankees are scheduled for night games those dates, so the Jays can just play day games.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
If there are concerns about exposure with double the amount of teams coming in, I get it, but if that’s not the concern then I’m not sure I understand the state’s hang up? It would be an admittedly small boost, but there would definitely be some benefits for the stadium workers along with hotel/restaurants downtown along with it just being a fun idea.

Reaction Score
Why not play in Hartford, might just have to play all home games on the road.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Why not play in Hartford, might just have to play all home games on the road.

Re: playing in a minor league park... "Grichuk, however, said the players wanted to play in a major league stadium."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The solution is for Toronto and Canada to grow a spine and change their requirements.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And now back to the drawing board

Seems dumb of PA to not let this happen. Most of the teams the Jays would face will already be playing in PA, in Philly. Plus the Jays being here would've boosted a couple hotels and created a handful of jobs, or at least more hours/pay for PNC Park maintenance, etc.

Reaction Score
Are people saying they should use the yard goats stadium? Right field is 308 ft they had to get special permission for minor league baseball because it's so short. Sorry but that stadium is not an MLB stadium
Don’t tell the Yankees.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Hartford extended an offer yesterday, apparently.

Reaction Score
Don't they have their own plane? Baseball teams fly commercial?

Most professional teams don't own aircraft, they just charter. The Pats were the first NFL team to buy their own plane.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Re: playing in a minor league park... "Grichuk, however, said the players wanted to play in a major league stadium."
For 30 home games and no other alternatives, the players can shut up and play. Primadonnas.

Reaction Score
Geographically Hartford makes the most sense for the Jays.

Reaction Score
There no way they play at the Dunk. Minor leagues almost didn't allow them to have games because right field is so short. There is no way MLB will sign off on the Dunk as a viable venue with a 300' right field

Reaction Score
There no way they play at the Dunk. Minor leagues almost didn't allow them to have games because right field is so short. There is no way MLB will sign off on the Dunk as a viable venue with a 300' right field
I agree with you. The Dimension I found on line say 308' to right field at the Dunk. Yankee stadium is 314 feet. Also, at the Dunk you have to hit it above the screen to the upper deck. I thought the short dimensions would be a problem even for the Yard Goats. But surprising not that many homers go out in right field.

Reaction Score
I agree with you. The Dimension I found on line say 308' to right field at the Dunk. Yankee stadium is 314 feet. Also, at the Dunk you have to hit it above the screen to the upper deck. I thought the short dimensions would be a problem even for the Yard Goats. But surprising not that many homers go out in right field.
Eh idk the Giants have a 309 foot right field and it’s kinda hard to hit homers in Hartford given the dimensions so it might not be a huge issue. Bottom line is that if Baltimore says no there is only one place that is literally inviting them that makes sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom