Blue Blood Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blue Blood Recruiting

Reaction Score
RPI is a pseudo scientific metric. Look at performance in the NCAA tournament and tell me the last time a Big East team other than Villanova went past the 1st weekend. It is the basketball equivalent of ACC football. Villanova and the 7 dwarfs. And if the Wildcats take a step back the whole house of cards will collapse. But hey, MSG BABBY!
d4TdnpPKKPfkA.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
None of that matters. They still get the bid respect of any top league. And will continue to do so. On average, they'll be a 5-7 bid league going forward.

They've got 7 in the Top 50 KP, and 9 in the Top 65. Yeah it's early, but they're strong throughout the conference this year. Might end up the #2 conference when all said and done.

It's deeper than it is top heavy. And he's not wrong in the sense that the two non Nova teams that made runs are Butler and Xavier, not the original Big East members. The Big East really needs Seton Hall or PC to step up and not disappoint again. Maybe even Marquette who was at least in the league pre-split, if not an original.

Note, I'm not taking his side, just saying that the strong league rankings are due in part to the fact that it's a small league with no obviously bad teams. There's a lot of good and not much great. I think UConn is going to change that dynamic a bit.

As or Blue Bloods, somebody posted an interesting video graphic on Reddit showing the number of weeks a team has been ranked in the top 25 since 1949. It's a fair measure of "blue blood" status. I think as for being modern blue blood in the 64 team era, yes UConn could get back to that soon.

Reaction Score
It's deeper than it is top heavy. And he's not wrong in the sense that the two non Nova teams that made runs are Butler and Xavier, not the original Big East members. The Big East really needs Seton Hall or PC to step up and not disappoint again. Maybe even Marquette who was at least in the league pre-split, if not an original.

Note, I'm not taking his side, just saying that the strong league rankings are due in part to the fact that it's a small league with no obviously bad teams. There's a lot of good and not much great. I think UConn is going to change that dynamic a bit.

As or Blue Bloods, somebody posted an interesting video graphic on Reddit showing the number of weeks a team has been ranked in the top 25 since 1949. It's a fair measure of "blue blood" status. I think as for being modern blue blood in the 64 team era, yes UConn could get back to that soon.
He isn't right about anything. He said Nova has been the only team to make it past the first weekend since the split and he thinks the AAC is better than the Big East which is so laughably stupid it's not even worth discussing.

Also, Seton Hall and Providence making it far in the tourny as opposed to Xavier and Butler making it far in the tourny means absolutely nothing.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
RPI is a pseudo scientific metric. Look at performance in the NCAA tournament and tell me the last time a Big East team other than Villanova went past the 1st weekend. It is the basketball equivalent of ACC football. Villanova and the 7 dwarfs. And if the Wildcats take a step back the whole house of cards will collapse. But hey, MSG BABBY!

OK, I am convinced. Thanks for the response. Hey, wanna grab beers at the AAC tourney this year? I’ll be the guy with the brown hair.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Where were we? Got a link?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't understand this conversation. Who cares how teams do? All that matters is # of league bids going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom