Blog item - USF | The Boneyard

Blog item - USF

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nan - thank you!
I really like USF - Jose seems like a solid coach and they always play hard but as you say they just don't have the horses. I think teams can make a mistake of looking at the record and taking them lightly - I know a lot of fans and boneyarders do.
And a lot of folks look at Uconn's stats in a vacuum, not seeing that when they don't score 85 and win by 30+ that it is because they are off, and not a result of the other team disrupting what they want to do. You don't have to block shots or be in the other persons face at all times to disrupt the rhythm of an offense and make them take shots that are just a little different from what they are comfortable with. USF is very good at that.
I was impressed with Taylor yesterday. She had a few really nice offensive plays. And it looks like Orekhova is finally finding her game having struggled early I guess with injuries. They also have some height, but to those who think getting post players is easy, none of them seems really talented.
I do hope Jose gets some recruiting success - there is a lot of competition from other FL schools with bigger profiles, but his ability as a coach deserves better players. Be interesting if his name starts cropping up for higher profile openings.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Great post Nan. Jose is a terrific coach and USF is a really good defensive team. If they get a good point and a couple of scorers/shooters they're gonna be really good.

Reaction Score
I hope they make major gains. After Louisville and Rutgers leave the American, I think USF will be the second best team. It will be good for UConn to have some competition.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Perhaps the next Rutgers of the BEast mid to late 2000s, and certainly the lead candidate for the #2 AAC team in the next few years, though they lose Orekhova and McDonald. Seem to be tapping the international market well with four foreign-born players on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom