Blaudschun says neither UConn nor UofL receives majority support | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun says neither UConn nor UofL receives majority support

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Blaudschun is now saying Louisville one vote short of ACC invite. Nothing about context.

Looks like it is about time to take the goose out of the oven. It is cooked.

Reaction Score
I just read this too that Louisville is supposedly one vote shy. If this is truly the case I am as confused as I ever have been. Where are all these schools that claim academics matter. Starting to get a bad feeling that Swofford is going to force this thing through to satisfy the football schools that will then leave shortly anyway. Got a bad feeling....Anyone else?

Reaction Score
Again, there's no way 9 of 11 schools are going to pick Louisville OVER us. We will get in with them or we will get in alone. This is the high-and-mighty ACC who pimps out the USN&WR results proudly.

Reaction Score
I read this more that the academic backers in the conference are willing to look the other way regarding Ville's academics in order to get UConn and Ville in (and a 3rd)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Aresco could be operating from a whole other playbook. As in, what, you don't want to attend meetings? Fine, we'll move on without you. Don't be surprised next week when you're in a conference with E. Carolina, Tulane and Troy St.
You're doing your best to channel your inner waylon.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is possible that certain schools in the ACC do not want to add any schools right now, and this vote is just theater while those schools determine their own next move. Unlikely, but possible.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I read this more that the academic backers in the conference are willing to look the other way regarding Ville's academics in order to get UConn and Ville in (and a 3rd)

Today's results notwithstanding.

Reaction Score
You're doing your best to channel your inner waylon.

We'll see. If UConn ends up in the BE, then you'll have to tell me how Susan Herbst approved the addition of Tulane and East Carolina.

Reaction Score
Is Blauschun the only one reporting the vote results? If so that is a little odd.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Is Blauschun the only one reporting the vote results? If so that is a little odd.
Only one I've seen. And his tweets and blog aren't explicitly clear whether he's talking about some kind of straw poll or actual votes. His blog post indicated Swofford is trying to build consensus so I'm thinking things are still fluid. But his blog post doesn't have much to quell UConn fans' fears.

Reaction Score

He's also the only one to report details of the last ACC committee meeting on expansion last year.

U

UConn9604

He's also the only one to report details of the last ACC committee meeting on expansion last year.

Yes, but that was forensic, after the fact, and based almost exclusively on an interview with one of his longtime sources. Now, maybe he's friendly with the new guy at BC (probably not, since he didn't predict his hire!) and maybe he's friendly with Father Leahy, but since he's no longer even with the Globe, a lot of his sources are probably either dated or less influential than the longtime ACC beat writers' sources.

I have to think that if there was legs to this thought, someone else would have reported on it first, or more forcefully.

Reaction Score
Yes, but that was forensic, after the fact, and based almost exclusively on an interview with one of his longtime sources. Now, maybe he's friendly with the new guy at BC (probably not, since he didn't predict his hire!) and maybe he's friendly with Father Leahy, but since he's no longer even with the Globe, a lot of his sources are probably either dated or less influential than the longtime ACC beat writers' sources.

I have to think that if there was legs to this thought, someone else would have reported on it first, or more forcefully.

or how about in the few hours since he posted his statement

Reaction Score

The point I was making is that no one else reported on that Inside Baseball. He's the only source.

So to say that many others would be reporting this is demonstrably false since NO others reported on the last meeting.

I take the rest of what you wrote to heart, however. He could be lying. He is either lying or telling the truth. He ain't speculating.

Reaction Score

Serious question. Has he broken a story since or was it the blind squirrel thing?

U

UConn9604

He could be lying. He is either lying or telling the truth. He ain't speculating.

All of the above, and also, he could be being lied to.

I also found it telling that he didn't link that tweet to one of his posts at his blog. He just fired off a tweet with that tidbit, and that tidbit alone.

Now, if he has a mole at the ACC or a tight connection with an AD at a school, that information may be all he was told, so why bother with a full blog post? But, it seems like all of his tweets include some link to his blog (maybe for hits/revenue generation, who knows?) and I thought that was a bit out of the ordinary.

Either way, conference realignment now has me speculating as to both the computer literacy and the ulterior motives of a sixty-something man who is now semi-retired and freelancing under the lamest, most mundane penname ever, and with a blog featuring 1990s-era HTML 2.0 graphics. Please kill me now.

Reaction Score
I am more inclined to believe that if Miami is "blocking" anyone, they would be blocking Louisville. It's only speculation on my part, but I think Clint Hurtt's antics down here have left some very pissed off people.

See my posts in the "Where is UConn getting 9 votes" thread. I don't think people realize all that Hurtt has done.

Reaction Score
See my posts in the "Where is UConn getting 9 votes" thread. I don't think people realize all that Hurtt has done.

I just saw that. The guy has always been a scumbag going back to his days at FIU. Bringing him in was just one of the many mistakes made by Shannon and it is no surprise that Bridgewater followed him to Louisville once Shannon was gone.

Reaction Score
Blaudschun's article, the one that is time-stamped 3:45, was changed between the time of his first post and his subsequent post. The first unaltered blog article only stated that neither UConn nor Louisville had a majority of votes. That was posted around 12:50 pm.

The first one did not say that Louisville was "in the lead." That was added subsequent to his tweet at 1:57 pm when it was pointed out to him via twitter that it wasn't a majority vote, but 3/4ths.

He then changed his article at 3:45 pm to reflect a 3/4 vote and added "Louisville in the lead" and one vote short language.

At 3:58 pm he tweeted the Louisville one vote short tweet without linking to his blog article.

Reaction Score
Aren't there 11 teams in the acc not counting nd cuse and pitt? How does one not get majority with an odd number? Who's the ******* voting for navy?
I believe the need 3/4 of the schools to pass a motion.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
All of the above, and also, he could be being lied to.

I also found it telling that he didn't link that tweet to one of his posts at his blog. He just fired off a tweet with that tidbit, and that tidbit alone.

Now, if he has a mole at the ACC or a tight connection with an AD at a school, that information may be all he was told, so why bother with a full blog post? But, it seems like all of his tweets include some link to his blog (maybe for hits/revenue generation, who knows?) and I thought that was a bit out of the ordinary.

Either way, conference realignment now has me speculating as to both the computer literacy and the ulterior motives of a sixty-something man who is now semi-retired and freelancing under the lamest, most mundane penname ever, and with a blog featuring 1990s-era HTML 2.0 graphics. Please kill me now.
I remember in 2003 a sportswriter at the Charlotte Observer was the lead guy on breaking the ACC vote stories. It seems much more likely some one down there would have a pulse on the conference than some retired guy trying to attract page views.

Reaction Score
FYI - No one with more than 1000 Twitter followers has retweeted Blaudschun's post. This is a guy that used to work for the Boston Globe and is well known in the college sports media circles. Tell you something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom