Blaudschun says neither UConn nor UofL receives majority support | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun says neither UConn nor UofL receives majority support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
tough , the pickings are slim, deal with it acc
c9aud.gif

Reaction Score
The ACC would be incredibly stupid to turn away UConn. Seriously. Defies all logic. I am thinking this is all just drama to appease their "southerner" fans.

Reaction Score
Screw that.

If by a miracle the ACC stays intact, and UConn is left in the Big Frankenconference, and there are truly no seats at the table, then it is merely time to bring an anti-trust suit against the conferences and BCS. Make billions, and have UConn buy the NY Giants, and maybe the Celtics, disband the Husky teams. Instant school teams to root for without the pretense that it is about the "student-athlete".

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This vote, together with Herbst breaking her silence, are terrible signs. UConn was a lock, and now we are out, in a league with Tulane and ECU.

Reaction Score
This vote, together with Herbst breaking her silence, are terrible signs. UConn was a lock, and now we are out, in a league with Tulane and ECU.
blaudschun's batting % is less than mhever3's in the conference realignment game. No one else is even reporting a vote occurred. I would't go that far yet.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

I am seeing what you are seeing. UConn may get in with a multi-team expansion, but there's no way Miami will let us in alone.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
But it wasn't a vote. It was a conference call with three possible actions, one of which was adding one school and clearly the battle between UConn and UL is yet to come because they haven't decided which action to take (one school, three or none). I think Swofford is going to do his politicking before the ACCCG this weekend when we might find out more.

Reaction Score
How in the world do you get from a "no comment" to we are screwed because Herbst is "breaking her silence?"

As far as Miami blocking us so we are screwed, can you send the link that cites a Miami block? Or a link showing any ACC school blocking us? I'm awfully interested in where your doom and gloom comes from.

Reaction Score
Way I read it. Aresco's statements are much more credible.

Aresco could be operating from a whole other playbook. As in, what, you don't want to attend meetings? Fine, we'll move on without you. Don't be surprised next week when you're in a conference with E. Carolina, Tulane and Troy St.

Reaction Score

I don't think the word "lock" means what you think it means.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

You have now gone from 100% guarantee that we're going somewhere to we're stuck in this mess known as the NNNNNBE. Step back from the ledge Nelson, we'll be ok.

Reaction Score
If you think UL, CINCY and UConn voted in Tulane and ECU then you are all crazy. Then again not sure how the voting works especially with the BB schools ready to break off

Would the BB schools really want Tulane?

Reaction Score
Aresco could be operating from a whole other playbook. As in, what, you don't want to attend meetings? Fine, we'll move on without you. Don't be surprised next week when you're in a conference with E. Carolina, Tulane and Troy St.
While I cannot completely say that I am overly optimistic about where we ultimately end up, I don't find this to be the case. Otherwise, I think it would go down as one the worst miscalculations a conference commissioner could pull. Even if we were on the worst terms with Aresco, he needs a face of the conference right now and it is not the time to play hardball with his most valuable commodity

Reaction Score
If these schools were voted in by UConn, no way did UConn vote them in knowing that it is still in the leauge.

Desourcy of Sporting News says that there was vehement dissension in inviting these particular schools. He didn't name names, but my guess those in favor would be the new invitees and USF, and those who think/know they will be gone, UConn. What's crazy is the basketball schools just sitting around and taking it. That shows what their real worth is, more than anything.

If you think UL, CINCY and UConn voted in Tulane and ECU then you are all crazy. Then again not sure how the voting works especially with the BB schools ready to break off

Would the BB schools really want Tulane?

Reaction Score
Seriously who is Miami. WHO. ARE. THEY. They are supposed to be the football school and Syracuse would probably beat them this year.

Reaction Score
I love the fact that many on this board are as crazy as I am with all this stuff. I think today I went from optimistic to confused, then to optimistic again, down to pessimistic and now back to confused. It seems like each hour there is something new and it either pulls me up, down or makes me scratch my head.

Reaction Score

Herbst gave that talk a week ago, I thought.

Reaction Score
If these schools were voted in by UConn, no way did UConn vote them in knowing that it is still in the leauge..

to be honest i think you could say the same thing about the Bball schools. The bball schools have been such a pain in the tush historically I have a hard time believing they let in Tulane so quickly. In the past we've always talked about the FB schools and BB schools parting ways, and I wonder if this might be it. Which of the FB schools does the BB schools even give a crap about now? We're the only long time member, and I know they'd miss Louisville, but would they really want to sit through all of this for the two (or hopefully 1 or 0)of us?

Reaction Score
The bball schools have been such a pain in the tush historically I have a hard time believing they let in Tulane so quickly.

This. So patently unreasonable of them to form and join a basketball only conference and then not allow it to be run primarily so other teams can play football.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
LU has one thing in their favor besides sentiment: 35,000 fans at the Orange Bowl in 2006.

In 2010 the Cards had an average attendance of 50,648 in their newly renovated stadium .

In 2011, the Cards averaged a slightly lesser attendance figure of 48,537.

The 2010 Beef O’Brady’s Bowl saw the Cards sell over 15,000 tickets for a minor bowl.

In 2011 the Cards sold-out their allotment for the Belk Bowl while the bowl increased its attendance from a year earlier by over 17,000 fans (2010 was Clemson vs. South Florida).

Attendance this year:
Kentucky 55,386
Missouri State 47,553
North Carolina 53,334
South Florida 50,167
Cincinnati 53,271
Temple 44,609
Uconn 45,618
Average 49,989

350,000 a year vs CT's 245,000 (est for Cincy).

Louisville finished in the Top 25 five times in the BCS look back era being used for revenue distributions.

Reaction Score
Blaudschun is now saying Louisville one vote short of ACC invite. Nothing about context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom