Blaudschun says neither UConn nor UofL receives majority support | The Boneyard

Blaudschun says neither UConn nor UofL receives majority support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://ajerseyguy.com/

Two conference calls among ACC member schools came up with three different agendas.

2. Add just one school, but the battle over whether to take Louisville or UConn remains with neither school receiving a majority of support.

Reaction Score
@blauds would also like you to know that Bama will be in the SEC Championship game.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
http://ajerseyguy.com/

Two conference calls among ACC member schools came up with three different agendas.

2. Add just one school, but the battle over whether to take Louisville or UConn remains with neither school receiving a majority of support.
What's funny is that the ACC is acting like they are a powerhouse conference and can afford to be so picky.

When the music stops, the ACC will go the way of the BE.

Reaction Score
Aren't there 11 teams in the acc not counting nd cuse and pitt? How does one not get majority with an odd number? Who's the balloon knot voting for navy?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Aren't there 11 teams in the acc not counting nd cuse and pitt? How does one not get majority with an odd number? Who's the ******* voting for navy?

It's not simple majority, it's super majority. Need 75%, which is 9 of 11. According to most, there are three schools against us.

Reaction Score
Aren't there 11 teams in the acc not counting nd cuse and pitt? How does one not get majority with an odd number? Who's the ******* voting for navy?
If there's one abstention, there could be a 5-5 tie. But seriously, the ACC requires 75% vote acceptance.

Reaction Score
How many views/comments will this thread get?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i bet uve, unc, ncst, fsu, miami, clem, gt, vt all didn't vote becuase they dont care any more

Reaction Score
This isn't surpising at all and it's still good news for us I think.

Both sides are digging in their heels until they finally realize they'll have to go to 3 teams (or add both) to get a 9 vote. And there is no way in hell that the academics are all going to go with Ville first. Even if it is the safer play (worried Ville would go Big 12), it doesn't look good that the ACC is snubbing a school like UConn for a poor academic school like Louisville. This conference is pretty damn snobby when it comes to the reputation.
I think they go 3 ultimately and the battle really is what is the third team...not which team UConn/Ville makes it. is it a respected FB only like Navy or is it another mediocre academic university like Cincy....or someone we're not thinking of

And no, ND not going fulltime. Not after being #1 in the country. No way, no how.

Reaction Score
I think he is misreading delay as the ACC can't decide. Based on Aresco's comments, I think it is fairly clear that the ACC has told us we're next, and that the delay is only based on the possibility that some other conferences may be acting in a very short time period.

Nothing else makes sense.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think he is misreading delay as the ACC can't decide. Based on Aresco's comments, I think it is fairly clear that the ACC has told us we're next, and that the delay is only based on the possibility that some other conferences may be acting in a very short time period.

Nothing else makes sense.
Way I read it. Aresco's statements are much more credible.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't doubt the story, but Swofford will have his ducks in a row eventually. He got the membership to vote in Cuse and Pitt.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This isn't surpising at all and it's still good news for us I think.

Both sides are digging in their heels until they finally realize they'll have to go to 3 teams (or add both) to get a 9 vote. And there is no way in hell that the academics are all going to go with Ville first. Even if it is the safer play (worried Ville would go Big 12), it doesn't look good that the ACC is snubbing a school like UConn for a poor academic school like Louisville. This conference is pretty damn snobby when it comes to the reputation.
I think they go 3 ultimately and the battle really is what is the third team...not which team UConn/Ville makes it. is it a respected FB only like Navy or is it another mediocre academic university like Cincy....or someone we're not thinking of

And no, ND not going fulltime. Not after being #1 in the country. No way, no how.

Likely that Louisville only has the three votes that are against us. Win against Cincy, earn a bowl bid and perhaps one of them comes around? Either that or take hostages. Whatever is easier.

Reaction Score
This seems to be consistent with earlier reports that ESPN was involved in discussions. If they are going to add 3 teams, they are going to need the network to ante up more money. Based on this information, my gut tells me its going to be 3 teams. UConn, Villle, and based on this mornings reports...Navy for FB only. You end up with 16 BBall schools and 16 FB schools. If by some miracle, ND were to have a temporary moment of insanity and decide to join the ACC full time, it's not like you wouldn't be able to find a quality football school willing to join ND as the ACC's 18th team.

Reaction Score
This seems to be consistent with earlier reports that ESPN was involved in discussions. If they are going to add 3 teams, they are going to need the network to ante up more money. Based on this information, my gut tells me its going to be 3 teams. UConn, Villle, and based on this mornings reports...Navy for FB only. You end up with 16 BBall schools and 16 FB schools. If by some miracle, ND were to have a temporary moment of insanity and decide to join the ACC full time, it's not like you wouldn't be able to find a quality football school willing to join ND as the ACC's 18th team.

Or Navy is a "contract member" only, like Temple used to be, and you can remove it with two years' notice if ND wants to join.

Reaction Score
It's not simple majority, it's super majority. Need 75%, which is 9 of 11. According to most, there are three schools against us.

Would ND, Cuse and Pitt get a vote at this point? They have just as much at stake as the previous members, maybe even more since they're paying an exit fee to get there.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Would ND, Cuse and Pitt get a vote at this point? They have just as much at stake as the previous members, maybe even more since they're paying an exit fee to get there.

No. None of them have votes yet. The eleven voters are UNC, NCSU, Wake, Duke, Miami, FSU, Clemson, UVA, VTech, BC, and GTech.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

Blaudschun's fight against mathematical thinking goes continues.

Reaction Score
Makes some sense. I suspect the reason there's yet to be any announcement is because of the disagreement on what to do. Someone has to give, or they reach a compromise, or they wait until Syracuse and Pitt have a vote (that's in what, 7 months?)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Makes some sense. I suspect the reason there's yet to be any announcement is because of the disagreement on what to do. Someone has to give, or they reach a compromise, or they wait until Syracuse and Pitt have a vote (that's in what, 7 months?)
7 months. This crew doesn't have 7 more days. 7 months and most of the Boneyarders will be pushing up daisies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If UConn really got stonewalled on the first vote, it may be over. The fact that there even was a vote when the outcome was in doubt is very surprising. The fact that UConn lost the vote is disappointing. If a group of schools are willing to dig in like that, I don't see the vote changing next time around.

Reaction Score
This may sound like sacrilege, but perhaps UConn and Ville should work together to offer some sort of compromise to take them both...perhaps some sort of phase in of revenue sharing, etc.

We're both on the outside right now. The worst thing that can happen is for both sides in that board room to dig in their heels and refuse to budge from their position. At that point, they are just as likely to stand on 13 or add just Navy, which would be a disaster for both of us. Working together may be the quickest, easiest way out.

Oh, and if Malloy wants to call up ESPN to urge them to throw a few more bucks in the ACCs pot, that wouldn't hurt either.

Reaction Score
If UConn really got stonewalled on the first vote, it may be over. The fact that there even was a vote when the outcome was in doubt is very surprising. The fact that UConn lost the vote is disappointing. If a group of schools are willing to dig in like that, I don't see the vote changing next time around.

It's likely that these were just straw polls and not formal votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom