Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Actually, I gave up on the idea of joining the C7 a long time ago. It is what it is. Doesn't mean I can't be excited about a couple of great BE games today however. And with Nova, Marq, Gtown, Butler, Creighton, Xavier ... and STJ, the C7 has a decent nucleus to have a terrific conference - better than the A-10. That said, doesn't mean we have to join them to appreciate the potential for that new conference.

Reaction Score
I think I must be further along the road to recovery then you guys .... anyway, not much going on today so going to enjoy the Temple vs. Butler game. Nice preview of a Big East/ C7 match up. Go Temple.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Best realignment related news for UConn in a while. The C7 + UConn and Cincy + a couple ofnthe A10 schools would be the third best bball league, with a chance to be even better some years. Meanwhile, the MWC + UConn, Cincy and the Texas and/or Florida schools would be much better than the currently projected 2014 Big East.
At least the travel schedule would only be horrible for football, where it is cushioned by the fact that games are no closer than weekly and half are at home.
Men's and women's basketball, along with the rest of our sports, would actually have a better conference schedule for travel than the status quo, with the road opponents primarily in the northeast.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
You are confident then that the BCS schools will not split off and form their own basketball?
In general, where football is king, they don't really care what happens to basketball.
A BCS school only basketball association and no more nationwide tournament would royally stink. Whether the NCAA runs it or not, it is hard to imagine not having a national division one basketball tournament.

Reaction Score
In general, where football is king, they don't really care what happens to basketball.
A BCS school only basketball association and no more nationwide tournament would royally stink. Whether the NCAA runs it or not, it is hard to imagine not having a national division one basketball tournament.

I can imagine it. The money associated with the current tourney, at $800 million per year, well, half of it goes to the NCAA. The rest is divided among 450 D1 schools.

That's a lot of coin to split between 60-70 schools. Even if the tourney becomes less popular and the per year number drops to $400 million, that's still a lot more money for the 60-70 schools.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Actually, I gave up on the idea of joining the C7 a long time ago. It is what it is. Doesn't mean I can't be excited about a couple of great BE games today however. And with Nova, Marq, Gtown, Butler, Creighton, Xavier ... and STJ, the C7 has a decent nucleus to have a terrific conference - better than the A-10. That said, doesn't mean we have to join them to appreciate the potential for that new conference.

Respect for admitting that.

Reaction Score
Nova fans storm the court after team's second win over a top 5 team in the same week. Awesome.
When a school has not "...won back-to-back games vs. top 5 teams since the 1985 Final 4 vs. Memphis & Georgetown", they may tinkle a little in their shorts. (tip of the hat to Brett McMurphy).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When a school has not "...won back-to-back games vs. top 5 teams since the 1985 Final 4 vs. Memphis & Georgetown", they may tinkle a little in their shorts. (tip of the hat to Brett McMurphy).

Doubtful too many have done it since 1985. Since it's pretty difficult to end up with them back to back on your schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom