Blauds - BE closing in on new deals | The Boneyard

Blauds - BE closing in on new deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do schools that signed on after the defections of Pitt, Cuse and others were announced get a share of exit fees? Do Rutgers and Louisville forfeit their shares of exit fees paid by Cuse and Pitt once they announced they were getting off the titanic?

Reaction Score
Do schools that signed on after the defections of Pitt, Cuse and others were announced get a share of exit fees? Do Rutgers and Louisville forfeit their shares of exit fees paid by Cuse and Pitt once they announced they were getting off the titanic?

PITT, SU, RU get zero...

Only the other schools currently playing in the BE get shares, but how those will be negotiated remains to be seen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is a writer dumb enough to say they need a travel partner for SDSU. It's hard to believe how clueless he is.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This is a writer dumb enough to say they need a travel partner for SDSU. It's hard to believe how clueless he is.

I've ranted about this before, but the misuse of the term 'travel partner' really bothers just simply because it's so idiotic.

Even if it were an all sports deal, does he write this and really think San Diego State is going to meet UNLV halfway and share a flight together? The fact that it is a football only deal with San Diego State makes it only more moronic.

For those that still can't grasp the concept of a travel partner, it's simply two schools that are within a close enough distance that you could take one flight and play both schools in an olympic sport on the same trip. I.E. UConn Softball flies to UCF in Orlando and then takes a bus to USF in Tampa which is a little over an hour away. That's a travel partner.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unless you plan on staying someplace two weeks you can't have travel partners in football. I am blown away at times how lost this guy is.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This board rips into people (Blaudschon and Herbst, for example) over the most mundane, unimportant things.

Blauds is a clown. The next scoop he has will be his first. Not to mention his website is cluttered with typos and grammatical errors.

Herbst should just shut the hell up while we're at it too. Everytime she opens her mouth and releases a 'we are winners, we like winning, we'll continue to win' type statement I cringe.

So, yeah I will rip on them and you can sit here and defend MHVEER3's good name and history of getting inside scoops everytime his name is mentioned as well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's a lot of anger over the semantics of the term 'travel partner'.

However, it does seem to flow better than 'school that is sorta close and fairly easy to get to'.

Blauds is a very good reporter with excellent sources - on the topic at hand, he's got the best sources.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's a lot of anger over the semantics of the term 'travel partner'.

However, it does seem to flow better than 'school that is sorta close and fairly easy to get to'.

Blauds is a very good reporter with excellent sources - on the topic at hand, he's got the best sources.

I agree with you most of the time, not on this one. His blog consistently shows his lack of understanding of the most basic premises. You read it and wonder how did this person get paid to write about sports for decades - he is completely lost.

Reaction Score
I agree with you most of the time, not on this one. His blog consistently shows his lack of understanding of the most basic premises. You read it and wonder how did this person get paid to write about sports for decades - he is completely lost.

whaler - so you are disputing the comment that Blauds has excellent sources? You might want to stick with Fishy on this one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
whaler - so you are disputing the comment that Blauds has excellent sources? You might want to stick with Fishy on this one.

Disputing very good reporter. I don't think his sources are that great anymore either - his blog is filled with sourced stuff that is nowhere near what happened.

Reaction Score
Blaud makes a lot of WAGs that are wacky, and he makes note that these are speculations, he has no information.

Then he cites sources, says he has inside information, puts the info out there, and a week later, he's 100% correct.

He's doing all this on his private blog.

If people can't udnerstand what he's doing, they should stay off the intertubes.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
His sources in the C7 and BE are top of the food chain. And his career at the Globe opens and shuts any debate about his abilities as a reporter.

I don't know him and have no opinion of him as a person, but fair is fair.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
What is relevant here

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Fox is rebranding 3 networks as all sports networks. Fox Sports 1, 2, & 3

SPEED and FUEL will be no more. Fox is on a purchasing blitz to acquire the best of the rest. MMA, NASCAR, College,

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Soccer is the other FOX Casualty in 2014. Extreme Sports (FUEL) will be dead and all the racing filler on SPEED & the futball filler on Fox Soccer. Replaced with American live sports that can generate viewers on Cable or streaming. The notable soccer and racing events will survive along with more MMA and US college
And US racing

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Blaud makes a lot of WAGs that are wacky, and he makes note that these are speculations, he has no information.

Then he cites sources, says he has inside information, puts the info out there, and a week later, he's 100% correct.

He's doing all this on his private blog.

If people can't udnerstand what he's doing, they should stay off the intertubes.

LOL. His BC AD posts show this to be completely wrong.

Reaction Score
LOL. His BC AD posts show this to be completely wrong.

This is what you were saying before he announced the inside scoop over many days at the ACC meeting, down to the vote count, and was well ahead of every single other reporter out there. You were proven wrong then. Get a clue.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is what you were saying before he announced the inside scoop over many days at the ACC meeting, down to the vote count, and was well ahead of every single other reporter out there. You were proven wrong then. Get a clue.

Oh so he didn't say BC was hiring someone who they didn't hire. The person they hired wasn't one of the four finalists he identified. I guess he's.right 100% of the time.

Honestly do I have to link to the stories to prove you absolutely and completely wrong - do you just deny the existence of the stories that are 100% incorrect?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

My bold.

This guy is truly bulletproof:

Boston College Director of Athletics Brad Bates is closing in on finding his new football coach and sources at BC say that Bates has pared down his list to two finalists with an asterisk.
New Orleans offensive line coach Aaron Kromer, and Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco and Miami coach Al Golden are on top of Bates’ list, although Golden remains more of a wish than a reality at this time. According to people familiar with the search, Bates has interviewed several candidates over the last several days and is ready to make an announcement.
Ball State coach Pete Lembo was thought to be one of the finalists list, but sources at Ball State said that Lembo was recruiting in Cincinnati on Tuesday and was not one of the finalists.

ROCK SOLID Sources:

And that news could be coming in the next few days with the announcement of a new Director of Athletics to replace Gene DeFilippo, who is retired on Sept. 30th.
According to several sources, the final choice came down to Xavier Director of Athletics Mike Bobinski and Army Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan.
While Corrigan was perceived by many people (including myself) as the front-runner, Bobinski may have moved to the top of the list in the last few days.

Upstater - sticking with 100%? No surprise you are into a blowhard like Blauds - with his pompous royal 'we' and false air of authority, you guys have a lot in common.

Reaction Score
Oh so he didn't say BC was hiring someone who they didn't hire. The person they hired wasn't one of the four finalists he identified. I guess he's.right 100% of the time.

Honestly do I have to link to the stories to prove you absolutely and completely wrong - do you just deny the existence of the stories that are 100% incorrect?

And again you don't know the difference between quoting sources and WAGs. The coaching was all guess, but his sources lead him astray on the AD. He got the GDflip story on UConn and he pegged the ACC meetings on UConn-Louisville. I noticed you never took back your crazy pots during the Blaud thread that claimed he was making it all up.

He had it down to the vote and you never admitted your posts in that thread were totally offbase.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And again you don't know the difference between quoting sources and WAGs. The coaching was all guess, but his sources lead him astray on the AD. He got the GDflip story on UConn and he pegged the ACC meetings on UConn-Louisville. I noticed you never took back your crazy pots during the Blaud thread that claimed he was making it all up.

He had it down to the vote and you never admitted your posts in that thread were totally offbase.

The coaching story references sources I didn't copy and paste that part.

You said he gets it right 100% of the time when it's from a source. It's not true. It's not even close to true. I don't feel like digging up even more examples as you are so stubbornly moronic that you'd still claim he gets 100%.

100%. Dope.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Once again Whaler keeps changing his argument until he finds one that he thinks is a winner.

Reaction Score
Once again Whaler keeps changing his argument until he finds one that he thinks is a winner.
i think im with the whale on this. blauds has been linked in, but as of late he's been off on things where he suggests he has sources...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom