Blaney retiring | The Boneyard

Blaney retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Thanks Coach for all have done for the program. Enjoy your retirement, golf with JC and be sure to keep KO on speed dial just in case he needs a "consultant".

Reaction Score
Good for him. Say what you want, but Blaney was here for a lot of the good times and you could tell especially from that article that he enjoyed every second of it. I dont have anything negative to say about him. Now lets hope KO replaces him with somebody good.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Help me and my brain out here.....George was the Associate Head Coach, then his title changed to __________ ?

Is his position one that can be a recruiter?

Reaction Score
Thanks George for being a big part of UConn basketball and for keeping Coach Calhoun calm for all those years.

Reaction Score
Does this open up a potential spot for Donyell Marshall?

I think he was a "special adviser" somewhat akin to JC, and not a "coach", so I don't think KO has any openings.

Reaction Score
Help me and my brain out here.....George was the Associate Head Coach, then his title changed to __________ ?

Is his position one that can be a recruiter?

No. The recruiting spots are all taken (Miller, Hobbs, and Moore).

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I think he was a "special adviser" somewhat akin to JC, and not a "coach", so I don't think KO has any openings.
This sounds correct. I think we're maxed out on recruiting and practice coaches, I believe.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Down the road after he retires, what do you think the chances Ray comes on board in some capacity would be? He can't play in the NBA forever, but he'd be a great addition if he were interested...

caw

Reaction Score
Thanks to Coach Blaney. Great career and fantastic as Associate Head Coach at UConn.

HC: Kevin Ollie (recruiting)
AHC: Glenn Miller (recruiting)
AC: Karl Hobbs (recruiting)
AC: Ricky Moore (recruiting)
DoBO: Kevin Freeman (non-recruiting)

Does anyone know if they are eliminating Ricky Moore's old position of Assistant Director of Basketball Administration or if they plan on filling it? If they plan on filling it, it might be a step down for Marshall, but that would be the only opening.

Reaction Score
Here's Kemba's take in it:
@KembaWalker: Congrats to Coach Blaney on his retirement. Taught me a lot during my college days. One of the best guys I've ever been around! #UCONN

Jeff Adrian's take:
@Adrien4: Congratulation to Coach Blaney on his retirement. One of the best teachers to the game of basketball. #UConnHuskies

Reaction Score
Thanks to Coach Blaney. Great career and fantastic as Associate Head Coach at UConn.

HC: Kevin Ollie (recruiting)
AHC: Glenn Miller (recruiting)
AC: Karl Hobbs (recruiting)
AC: Ricky Moore (recruiting)
DoBO: Kevin Freeman (non-recruiting)

Does anyone know if they are eliminating Ricky Moore's old position of Assistant Director of Basketball Administration or if they plan on filling it? If they plan on filling it, it might be a step down for Marshall, but that would be the only opening.

I did hear a few weeks ago that an administrative spot on the staff was opening up, so I'm guessing they will fill it.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Down the road after he retires, what do you think the chances Ray comes on board in some capacity would be? He can't play in the NBA forever, but he'd be a great addition if he were interested...
I'd say slim to none. Ray has made too much money and his children are relatively young. I think he wants to be around as his kids are growing up. This coming from someone that knows him and his wife pretty well (no, not me).

Reaction Score
He helped Calhoun into the HOF as much as our great players. Enjoy a well deserved retirement.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that he wants to go into acting when he's done in the league

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members