2025 Recruiting: - Blanca Quinonez | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Blanca Quinonez

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Take this report from two years ago with the required amount of salt.

But the overall tournament standout is 15-year-old Blanca Quiñones. The 6’3 forward dominated games, led in scoring and had obvious generational court vision.

“I have a major superstar on my team: Blanca [Quiñones] from Ecuador; 15 years old, no way,” Lennox said. “She reminds me so much of Tamika Catchings. She has a huge upside, and… I don’t think Tamika was that good at this age.”

https://www./features/the-worlds-best-prospects-take-on-nba-academy/

Reaction Score
Take this report from two years ago with the required amount of salt.

But the overall tournament standout is 15-year-old Blanca Quiñones. The 6’3 forward dominated games, led in scoring and had obvious generational court vision.

“I have a major superstar on my team: Blanca [Quiñones] from Ecuador; 15 years old, no way,” Lennox said. “She reminds me so much of Tamika Catchings. She has a huge upside, and… I don’t think Tamika was that good at this age.”

It looked to me that the videos were from JULY, 2024. The FIBA webpage has Blanca Quinonez
as 182 cm = 6.0 feet. Still she has a wonderful court presence! Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Don’t we only have room for 2 more next year? Does this mean Geno’s not convinced we’ll get Makeer or Prawl?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Don’t we only have room for 2 more next year? Does this mean Geno’s not convinced we’ll get Makeer or Prawl?
That’s what i was wondering.

Reaction Score
I think we are going to have room for 4 more next year. So, clearly there is a difference of opinion on that.

Reaction Score
I think we are going to have room for 4 more next year. So, clearly there is a difference of opinion on that.

There’s 4 spots open for next year (as of now) with two ‘25 kids committed already. Of course we don’t know what Azzi and Carol have planned as they’ll both be Seniors academically.

Reaction Score
If you are pretty certain you will have two and a decent chance at four it makes sense to explore more than just Somfai, Makeer, and Prawl, even if it is more of a plan B or plan C. Like others, I am worried this is an indication of a lack of confidence we will get who we want, and Blanca is the backup plan.

On the other hand, maybe she is as high on their priority list as the others we know about, who knows, but it is interesting that this name comes out of nowhere right after Jazzy picked Southern California. I would like us to get Lara upfront and one very good wing, but Agot still has a list of 6, and Prawl I believe scheduled visits for 6 of her 8 finalists, but not us, so if I had to take a wild guess I don't know if we have more than a 50% chance of getting one of them, so if Blanca is plan C it might be good insurance.

As for how many additions, if we get a big (Lara) and a wing, I think we are probably done, even if we think there likely will be 4 spots available. We don't need more than one wing from this class IMO, and I would rather have a portal option or room for an extra 2026 recruit than a second wing.

Reaction Score
If you are pretty certain you will have two and a decent chance at four it makes sense to explore more than just Somfai, Makeer, and Prawl, even if it is more of a plan B or plan C. Like others, I am worried this is an indication of a lack of confidence we will get who we want, and Blanca is the backup plan.

On the other hand, maybe she is as high on their priority list as the others we know about, who knows, but it is interesting that this name comes out of nowhere right after Jazzy picked Southern California. I would like us to get Lara upfront and one very good wing, but Agot still has a list of 6, and Prawl I believe scheduled visits for 6 of her 8 finalists, but not us, so if I had to take a wild guess I don't know if we have more than a 50% chance of getting one of them, so if Blanca is plan C it might be good insurance.

As for how many additions, if we get a big (Lara) and a wing, I think we are probably done, even if we think there likely will be 4 spots available. We don't need more than one wing from this class IMO, and I would rather have a portal option or room for an extra 2026 recruit than a second wing.
Prawl is not likely, given she hasn't even scheduled a visit. Somfai is almost a lock for us IMO. Agot seems to be leaning us given past interviews. I also think Caroline will leave given her health, it's not worth risking more head injury after this year especially if we win a ring. So that leaves, 2-3 spots open?

Reaction Score
1000011826.jpg

Reaction Score
So what does this mean for Somfai and Makeer?
means we can only have one. Somfai seems to be the better option as of now, given the high praise she’s receiving and her insane versatility makes her a bit wing like in addition to her forward position. We desperately need a pure wing for 2025, and Makeer suits that role. We also need athleticism, and I think Makeer is also more in tune to that role than Somfai?

Personally I think we will have another spot for one of them. Ducharme should leave after this year just to save her head health. Paige has announced she’s leaving. Aubrey is leaving. We have Kelis, Blanca, and Gandy confirmed. We’ve got one spot, unless Ayanna and Caroline decide to forgo medical years.

Reaction Score
There are presently four first year and five second year players on the roster. Whether Azzi/Carol go or stay, four 2025 commits leaves room for two in 2026.

Reaction Score
There are presently four first year and five second year players on the roster. Whether Azzi/Carol go or stay, four 2025 commits leaves room for two in 2026.

I think Azzi leaves after this year. She was just in some mock WNBA draft going #4 to Washington. Wouldn't doubt if she wants to start her pro career after these injuries.

Stinks we've barely got to see her and Paige together after these past few years. Here's to a healthy season!

Reaction Score
means we can only have one. Somfai seems to be the better option as of now, given the high praise she’s receiving and her insane versatility makes her a bit wing like in addition to her forward position. We desperately need a pure wing for 2025, and Makeer suits that role. We also need athleticism, and I think Makeer is also more in tune to that role than Somfai?

Personally I think we will have another spot for one of them. Ducharme should leave after this year just to save her head health. Paige has announced she’s leaving. Aubrey is leaving. We have Kelis, Blanca, and Gandy confirmed. We’ve got one spot, unless Ayanna and Caroline decide to forgo medical years.

Chen is leaving as well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom