Blame it on weather and calls | The Boneyard

Blame it on weather and calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the bottom they have the comments section I noticed.....the fans seem very upset with the moisture excuse..some a real funny

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Check out Voodoo Five for their take on the weather excuse. There's also an animated drive chart for both teams that I found interesting.

BTW, the blog name, Voodoo Five, comes from the 2005 UConn-USF game where a botched play of the same name by USF sealed UConn's win.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Check out Voodoo Five for their take on the weather excuse. There's also an animated drive chart for both teams that I found interesting.

BTW, the blog name, Voodoo Five, comes from the 2005 UConn-USF game where a botched play of the same name by USF sealed UConn's win.

The animated drive chart is very interesting. Shows to me that on all but two drives, Uconn was able to move the ball, and get some first downs. Only one or two 3 and outs, which is huge for keeping the defense rested.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Calls? I have never seen such blatant offensive pass interference as USF dished out. They blocked the non covering DBs on every pass, while the ball was in the air. That's not permitted. They cannot start blocking until the ball is caught. Many of their yards after the catch came from this.

Reaction Score
Calls? I have never seen such blatant offensive pass interference as USF dished out. They blocked the non covering DBs on every pass, while the ball was in the air. That's not permitted. They cannot start blocking until the ball is caught. Many of their yards after the catch came from this.

I thought you could if the pass was caught behind the LOS.

Reaction Score
Definitely not illegal to block before catch on bubble screens. I will admit, w can not seem to defend that play and everyone runs it on us a lot. Watch a lot of college FB and other teams mix it in now and agin but we see it 10 times a game, and it seems to work 90% of time.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I thought voodoo 5 was the play that Greg Robinson stayed home on during the 2007 game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought voodoo 5 was the play that Greg Robinson stayed home on during the 2007 game?

The two words that might bring out the worst in superstitious Bulls fans are a reference to the name of a botched trick play in the fourth quarter of USF's 2005 loss at Rentschler Field.
"Voodoo Five" was an ill-fated call on fourth and goal from the Connecticut 6-yard line as USF trailed 15-10 -- after a false start from the 1-yard line, receiver Courtney Denson was dropped for a 13-yard loss and the Huskies escaped with a victory. There's a USF blog named after the play, and if you don't believe there's a curse surrounding it, consider a few things from Saturday's similarly-scored 16-10 loss, which was USF's fourth straight at Rentschler.

Tampa Tribune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger