Black uniforms | The Boneyard

Black uniforms

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is this a good bye to them? I’m not getting this post?

Reaction Score
I believe that the fire emoji signals that they are just that…FIYA!! They love them. It appears that 100% of the replies on Twitter at this moment, confirms it. We may not see them again this season…??

Reaction Score
I still like the blue and white one.

Screenshot (29).png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think the black uni's look sharp as hell. BUT... nowhere in UCONN's color scheme does black really appear. Even the nose of the Husky is national flag blue. So... I'd prefer those colors.

I'm not sure I understand the desire to mess around with different colors. If you want "shiny" uniforms, why not do shiny national flag blue? if you want retro uniforms, why not do them in national flag blue? If you want cool hip uniforms, why not do them in national flag blue (you get my point).

Or same question for the home games. Instead of messing with grey or black colors, i'm sure the designers could come up with cool things in the University's actual color palette...

Then again to quote Leigh Anne Tuohy...

1669849113172.png

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Blue and white goes back as far as I can remember; NOT gray or black, or red mixed with blue and white. If a school has its own significant colors, who has the right to change them??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They are fine. Make exactly the same uniform and national flag blue and it gets better.

Reaction Score
What’s wrong with adding some “national flag” red into the mix? The uniforms with red trim or the large red “U” look great.

Changing up the colors probably means the fans at some schools will purchase more of them. Anyone who prefers extreme uniform color changes and combinations should become a University of Oregon football fan. FYI, Phil Knight went to Oregon.

Reaction Score
better than the gray, and 10,000 times better than the godawful silver ones. what a catastrophe they were!

probably made a great bonfire though.
I agree completely. The black unis aren't too bad but should only be used for special occasions. I understand why uniforms trimmed in pink are worn. I support the cause, but I'm happy they are not worn with any regularity.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not a fan of the black uni's. But Nike does sponsor/ make our uni's. That's a lot of money.

I would like to see more of the white throw back ones!!!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Years ago sports illustrated did an article on the effects of certain uniform colors. They opined that the darker colors had a positive effect on aggressive play. They sited a fact in wrestling the blue uniform won by a significant percentage above the red. Also in the NFL teams wearing black uniforms (or navy blue Chicago Bears) were penalized substantially more than their opponents. Then there's Gary Player who always wore black on Sunday because he felt stronger in black. (and before someone brings up Tiger and red, he wears red because his Stanford team wore red.)

Then there is an old saw; Look Good, Feel Good, Play Good. Different unis to spice up the players. In 1977 game against USC, after wearing nothing but dark blue jerseys for 20 years, just before game time coach Dan Devine surprised with brand new green jerseys and the psyched up domers crushed USC.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I think the black uni's look sharp as hell. BUT... nowhere in UCONN's color scheme does black really appear. Even the nose of the Husky is national flag blue. So... I'd prefer those colors.

I'm not sure I understand the desire to mess around with different colors. If you want "shiny" uniforms, why not do shiny national flag blue? if you want retro uniforms, why not do them in national flag blue? If you want cool hip uniforms, why not do them in national flag blue (you get my point).

Or same question for the home games. Instead of messing with grey or black colors, i'm sure the designers could come up with cool things in the University's actual color palette...

Then again to quote Leigh Anne Tuohy...

View attachment 81333
ROFL @EricLA - this is on of my fave movie quotes, and I used it in a conversation a few weeks ago while on a cruise, and the people we were hanging with got it.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
I understand BYers love of and loyalty to the old school blue and white unis. But just maybe the young women on this team like the black unis. If they like 'em I'll defer to them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Traditionalist that I am its white, blue and red for me. UConn has had some uniforms in this color scheme which were oh so sharp. When I see the black I say who the hell is that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom