Black Mirror | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Black Mirror

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Late to the game but getting very sucked in to this. Very interesting.

Reaction Score
Late to the game but getting very sucked in to this. Very interesting.

They are generally very good. I really like the tech forward aspect to the shows. They keep that as a constant thru most of the shows. As with any series there are some great episodes and some not so great. Enjoy it

Reaction Score
New season is out. Seen the first two. Not my favorites, but still very good and contemplative. I love this show.

Ep 1: Ponder the concept of hologram performers. A little different twist. I'd be more ok with the deceased.
Ep 2: Interesting twist on infidelity.

Reaction Score
Watched Season 5 this weekend. Thought all of them were very good, nothing great to beat some of the top episodes from seasons past. The video game/VR episode was interesting and, I'm sure, close to actually happening in real life relationships.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Way late to the party. Watched "Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too" last night, then skipped back a couple seasons to "U.S.S. Callister." I might not watch every episode but jump around and watch some from various seasons. I'm a fan of Hannah John-Kamen, she's been in a few episodes so I'll probably check those out next.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watched "Fifteen Million Merits" and "Playtest" last night. Both pretty messed up in different ways. Maybe I will just start watching from the beginning and work my way thru. Jeez, when Jessica Brown Findlay appeared on the talent show in "Fifteen..." I felt my humanity slipping away. That was so cringy. Well that and it got even worse in the aftermath of her decision. So...that stuff they had to drink right before they went on stage, did that have some kind of drug in it that made them more suggestible or something?

Reaction Score
Way late to the party. Watched "Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too" last night, then skipped back a couple seasons to "U.S.S. Callister." I might not watch every episode but jump around and watch some from various seasons. I'm a fan of Hannah John-Kamen, she's been in a few episodes so I'll probably check those out next.

Callister is one of my favorites. I liked Hang the DJ from that season too. I have only seen the 1st 2 from S5 and I feel they are blah. They remind me of Crocodile. Not terrible but not rewatchable. Some episodes I have seen upwards of 5x.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've gathered all the episodes are stand alone, but apparently there is a fan theory that they all take place in a shared universe. I haven't delved into it but there are easter eggs throughout the series that are references to other episodes (You Tube has stuff on that). The one really obvious one is that the song "Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand)" keeps popping up, I think it's been used once each season.

Reaction Score
I've gathered all the episodes are stand alone, but apparently there is a fan theory that they all take place in a shared universe. I haven't delved into it but there are easter eggs throughout the series that are references to other episodes (You Tube has stuff on that). The one really obvious one is that the song "Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand)" keeps popping up, I think it's been used once each season.

It is not just a fan theory, they definitely take place in the same universe. Different times, though. Black Museum is very explicit about this.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It is not just a fan theory, they definitely take place in the same universe. Different times, though. Black Museum is very explicit about this.

Cool, haven't gotten that far yet. I skipped the very first episode but otherwise I'm thru Season 2 now. I noticed the exact same home pregnancy test appeared in 2 different episodes. Damn "White Christmas" was harsh.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I am not digging Season 3. Thru 4 of the 6 episodes. Haven't really enjoyed any of them. Gave up on "Nosedive" about halfway thru it (the episode w/ Bryce Dallas Howard and Alice Eve). Just couldn't stick with it. Fast forwarded a bit thru a couple of the other eps as well.

On the subject of commonalities throughout the series, I noticed there's a similar type of tech that's been used in multiple episodes, a small disc placed on the temple when someone is in some type of virtual reality situation.

Reaction Score
I am not digging Season 3. Thru 4 of the 6 episodes. Haven't really enjoyed any of them. Gave up on "Nosedive" about halfway thru it (the episode w/ Bryce Dallas Howard and Alice Eve). Just couldn't stick with it. Fast forwarded a bit thru a couple of the other eps as well.

On the subject of commonalities throughout the series, I noticed there's a similar type of tech that's been used in multiple episodes, a small disc placed on the temple when someone is in some type of virtual reality situation.

I really enjoyed Playtest and San Junipero is for sure in my top 3 but this is the weakest season IMO. Hated in the Nation is stupid and the other 3 are just ok.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
San Junipero was something really different. It was probably better than I'm giving it credit for but I was just disappointed at that point. Shut Up and Dance I found frustrating and irritating. I'd watched Playtest earlier, that was decent. Maybe I'll just skip episode 5 and 6 and move on to Season 4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watched a couple episodes of Season 4. I didn't care for Arkangel but Hang the DJ was really good.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It is not just a fan theory, they definitely take place in the same universe.

Crocodile was just stuffed full of references to Fifteen Million Merits. The song "Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand)" keeps popping up throughout the episode. On the tv in a hotel room while the main character is scrolling thru a menu there is Wraith Girls, and at some point a character mentions the tv show "Hot Shots." What a strange episode to have so many cross references to because "Fifteen" felt so self contained.

This one jumps near the top of the list of most twisted episodes. The main character just keeps sinking deeper and deeper to try to get out of a situation. Andrea Riseborough is nearly unrecognizable.

It's so frustrating how uneven the episodes are. Different directors but same writers.

Reaction Score
Crocodile was just stuffed full of references to Fifteen Million Merits. The song "Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand)" keeps popping up throughout the episode. On the tv in a hotel room while the main character is scrolling thru a menu there is Wraith Girls, and at some point a character mentions the tv show "Hot Shots." What a strange episode to have so many cross references to because "Fifteen" felt so self contained.

This one jumps near the top of the list of most twisted episodes. The main character just keeps sinking deeper and deeper to try to get out of a situation. Andrea Riseborough is nearly unrecognizable.

It's so frustrating how uneven the episodes are. Different directors but same writers.

I actually hate that ep. Somehow I have hated like 5 of the episodes you have mentioned yet I claim I love this show. I don't add up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom