Black Friday TV deals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Black Friday TV deals

Reaction Score
So the samsung 85 in is available for under 500$? Where can I buy one?

Reaction Score
I've had my TV for about three and a half years, and just a week or two back we turned it on one day and noticed a small piece of the screen had fallen out. We have a toddler, but we don't leave her in the living room by herself almost ever, so I don't think she hit it and broke the screen, although a small piece just falling out on its own seems very strange...

Either way, the TV is no longer under warranty, so I'm in the market for a new one. At least this happened around Black Friday, right? I'm looking for an entry to mid level 4k TV, preferably 50 inch (although 55 would work too). Don't want to spend more than $500 at the most, although I wouldn't be averse to a nice TV for less.

Anyone seen any good deals out there? Bonus points if you find the deal on Amazon and I can buy it through the Boneyard Amazon link to support Tom.

Get a TCL TV. They offer the best value by far for the quality you get.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There are some decent deals out there. I'm gonna keep an eye on Walmart, best buy, and Amazon for any deals leading up to Black Friday. Right now I'm liking the TCL 5 series for $400. If the 6 series price drops at any point I'll probably jump on that.

Reaction Score
There are some decent deals out there. I'm gonna keep an eye on Walmart, best buy, and Amazon for any deals leading up to Black Friday. Right now I'm liking the TCL 5 series for $400. If the 6 series price drops at any point I'll probably jump on that.
I’m sure you’ll Be happy with either. I’ve looked at the 5 series since I have to upgrade from a 8yr old Samsung In basement. Want to see the 6 come down also since I have that and love it but I might give the 5 a try. The only negative you read is TCL “panel lottery“. I’ve never had an issue but definitely buy somewhere you can return/replace easily

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The TCL we bought last year is better than the Samsung it replaced. The Samsung died young and it was CR Best Buy. So I don't bother with CR anymore.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I should have qualified the remark, you are right. I'm not saying it's Sony / Samsung quality but it's pretty damn close for a shred of the price. A Toyota Camry is an apt comparison, well done.
Reports I’ve seen show reliability is only fair. That’s what is holding me back. Our Sony was perfect for years.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Im absolutely not interested in a curved TV. Im working with a 1080p Samsung that works fine. Anything 4k is gonna be way better. TCL should fit my needs. So...where do I buy one? I likely have to have it shipped. Dont think I can get a 65" in my Rogue.

Reaction Score
We've bought TCLs from Best Buy, Amazon, and BJs. I'd say that Best Buy was the smoothest because they actually walked it in my front door and placed it in the front room where we could unbox it and put the legs on there.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
How the heck are they selling that for $148?
series 4. plus, too many folks wanting a gi joe have convinced themselves that only the gi joe with the kung grip will now do. hey, somebody not named me, has to pay retail. here, have an iphone 23 -it's the bestest cuz it has seat warmers. lol.

Reaction Score
About a year ago. I purchased a Westinghouse 58 inch 4K smart tv From Best Buy. It was around 350$ and included free shipping. Best Buy has weekly deals.

Reaction Score
Your TV is 3 1/2 years old.
Every TV being sold today is better than what you had.

$500 can buy you almost everything you could want.

Truth be told 55-60 inch TV's are closer to $350 and that is without deals.
The price of TVs are ridiculously low. I just got a insignia 37 inch for like $120 on prime day. It it terrific.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Best Buy Samsung 65"

1605641660107.png

1605641846653.png

There are a lot to choose from. All pretty inexpensive.

Reaction Score
I'm going to add a REALLY stupid question here.

Are all the new TV's app based? Need a new tv for my father in-law. Having him navigate a Roku interface will result me in running over to his place every time he wants to watch something.

Plus, he decided he wants access to Netflix...he's not tech savvy in ANY way. There is no way he will be able to navigate hulu, etc. He needs regular fios tv access

Was hoping to get him a tv that has a remote that already has, or i can program a button for netflix, prime video, etc...like the TV I bought 5 years ago. Or is this no longer possible?

I haven't purchased a new tv in several years, so I'm at a loss here

Thx in advance

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some good suggestions here. I bought a TCL for my family room and it's a good, cheap TV for the money. But I wouldn't put that in my movie watching room. The blacks aren't that black and it doesn't have what I'm looking for in that setting. In a brightly lit room, look at the glare reviews, some of these screens reflect everything and become mirrors in a bright room. In a dark room, look at the black levels and you want full panel lighting, not edge if LCD, or OLED would be even better.

One thing to be cautious about at BJs/Costco, is that in order to sell those cheaper than at Best Buy or whatever, they delete content. Often that is an HDMI cable. Pay attention to the inputs you need.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Best Buy is doing a pre-black Friday sale starting on Sunday the 22nd. I was looking for something else but surfed past the TVs and they looked to have some pretty good deals.

CL82

Reaction Score

Are all the new TV's app based? Need a new tv for my father in-law. Having him navigate a Roku interface will result me in running over to his place every time he wants to watch something.

Plus, he decided he wants access to Netflix...he's not tech savvy in ANY way. There is no way he will be able to navigate hulu, etc. He needs regular fios tv access

Was hoping to get him a tv that has a remote that already has, or i can program a button for netflix, prime video, etc...like the TV I bought 5 years ago. Or is this no longer possible?

Thx in advance
It's been a while for me too, but my remote has a dedicated Netflix button. Otherwise you just need to press home and scroll across the options. Not too tough even for seniors.

1605645549136.png

1605645623441.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Thx in advance
Some Roku remotes have voice command options; and you can also use a Roku remote app on your phone and use voice commands over that. It wasn't great when I tried it last year, but it may have improved since.

I just bought a new AppleTV yesterday and set it up last night. I was pretty impressed with that remote, which has a very cool touch/scroll surface and also has a very accurate voice command. Once you download all the apps you want to the AppleTV, you just have to click on the app. Easy peasy.

Reaction Score
Some Roku remotes have voice command options; and you can also use a Roku remote app on your phone and use voice commands over that. It wasn't great when I tried it last year, but it may have improved since.

I just bought a new AppleTV yesterday and set it up last night. I was pretty impressed with that remote, which has a very cool touch/scroll surface and also has a very accurate voice command. Once you download all the apps you want to the AppleTV, you just have to click on the app. Easy peasy.
thx...I think the voice command might be the ticket!

CL82

Reaction Score
Semi related I'm about to cut the cord. Going with FIOS gigabyte with Youtube tv. Any comments, tips, suggestions?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's not really a deal, but I broke down and bought the TCL 6 series. It was more than I wanted to spend at $650, but this year has sucked and this winter's going to suck being stuck in the house so my wife and I both felt justified in spending a little extra. Plus, I bought it from PC Richard and Sons and they'll refund me the difference if the TV goes on sale in the next few weeks. It got some pretty fantastic reviews (including from a few people in this thread) and I'm really excited to finally own a TV with 120Hz refresh rate. I'm going to pick it up today; if I got it delivered it wouldn't be here until Saturday, and I want it ready to go so I can watch the season opener Wednesday night (and, to keep my wife happy, so she can watch the Macy's parade on Thursday morning).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's not really a deal, but I broke down and bought the TCL 6 series. It was more than I wanted to spend at $650, but this year has sucked and this winter's going to suck being stuck in the house so my wife and I both felt justified in spending a little extra. Plus, I bought it from PC Richard and Sons and they'll refund me the difference if the TV goes on sale in the next few weeks. It got some pretty fantastic reviews (including from a few people in this thread) and I'm really excited to finally own a TV with 120Hz refresh rate. I'm going to pick it up today; if I got it delivered it wouldn't be here until Saturday, and I want it ready to go so I can watch the season opener Wednesday night (and, to keep my wife happy, so she can watch the Macy's parade on Thursday morning).

Well done. Your reasoning is sound. I had a discussion about HBO with somebody who doesn't subscribe but was looking for shows to watch. It's a pandemic. You aren't going out to bars or restaurants or the movies. You aren't going to concerts or plays or museums. Your primary entertainment at the moment is through the TV. I think you can spend $10 a month.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom