Black Friday TV deals | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Black Friday TV deals

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've got a LG 55" above the fireplace. I can squeeze in a 60 but it will pretty much take up all the space between the mantle and the ceiling, mounted in front of the crown molding. JVC makes a 58" that is pretty much the perfect in size, so I am thinking about that.

I was surprised by all the love for the TCL's. I've thought of them as a bargain brand.

TCL is a bargain brand. I bought the series 6 for the family room. It's probably comparable to a tier down LCD TV from the bigger brands and has good specs. It's not crap like say "Hisense" (although who knows if they will improve, LG was once crap). It isn't going to compete with a top LG OLED TV for black levels etc. But the Roku interface is nice, certainly better than the native "smart TV" interface for Samsung, Sony and LG. So for a bright room, not used as my "home cinema" TV it was ideal.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What is the difference between the 4 series and 6 series?

The difference is about $400 and a huge step up in picture quality.

Reaction Score
Ha. When I bought a 46" years ago, hung it up, my wife told me it was too small and to take it back. That became a 55", and now a 65". She was recently complaining that it is too small. I'd get a 75" but I don't have another spot in the house where I can use the 65".
I don't live that far from you. ?

Reaction Score
I have a 65 inch and 32 inch in my den. The den is a size of a bedroom. Life is good!

Reaction Score
I was thinking of getting a 65 inch OLED to go with my new PS5 but I think I will wait a year until they get the VRR and 2.1 quirks fixed out. Hopefully next year with more competition I can get an LG or Sony 65 inch OLED for under $1,500.

Reaction Score
I was thinking of getting a 65 inch OLED to go with my new PS5 but I think I will wait a year until they get the VRR and 2.1 quirks fixed out. Hopefully next year with more competition I can get an LG or Sony 65 inch OLED for under $1,500.
New microLED will compete with OLED. Next year?

Reaction Score
New microLED will compete with OLED. Next year?
Yeah but I heard that it isn't quite as good as OLED. I have a 1080p oled LG 55 inch which I love.
Oled is still the way to go for gaming.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've had the 6-series for about 6 weeks now, and it's fantastic. Also gets plenty bright, so you won't have any issues there.

The picture settings are a little funky, but if you're going to use the built-in Roku app then it shouldn't be as tough, since you're only using one input (picture settings don't carry over to each different input, so you'd have to set it up for each one). However, you will have to set picture settings for SD, HDR, and Dolby Vision, and you can only change each when you're viewing that content. A little annoying at first, but the picture is fantastic, and it's nice to alter the settings based on what kind of content you're watching.

I also upgraded from 50" to 55" and it makes a huge difference. I'm glad they only make the 55" in the 6-series or else I would've settled for 50".

I have the 6-Series set up and it is night and day. The settings are still stupid, though.

The 55” is absolutely perfect compared to the 50” - 65” might be more perfect, but I prefer to remain married. Thus far, my daughter and I are amazed that my wife has not noticed that we have a bigger tv set now than we did yesterday.
Are you using a sound bar or just the TV speakers? I'm thinking about having an electrician come in to put in plugs, HMDI and optical jacks. If the TV is good enough, that would simplify things considerably.

Now, with the new TV up and running...there’s no chance that I will add a sound bar. This is fine for me.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I have the 6-Series set up and it is night and day. The settings are still stupid, though.

The 55” is absolutely perfect compared to the 50” - 65” might be more perfect, but I prefer to remain married. Thus far, my daughter and I are amazed that my wife has not noticed that we have a bigger tv set now than we did yesterday.

Now, with the new TV up and running...there’s no chance that I will add a sound bar. This is fine for me.
WiFi speed fast? No lag?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom