Black Friday TV deals | The Boneyard

Black Friday TV deals

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I've had my TV for about three and a half years, and just a week or two back we turned it on one day and noticed a small piece of the screen had fallen out. We have a toddler, but we don't leave her in the living room by herself almost ever, so I don't think she hit it and broke the screen, although a small piece just falling out on its own seems very strange...

Either way, the TV is no longer under warranty, so I'm in the market for a new one. At least this happened around Black Friday, right? I'm looking for an entry to mid level 4k TV, preferably 50 inch (although 55 would work too). Don't want to spend more than $500 at the most, although I wouldn't be averse to a nice TV for less.

Anyone seen any good deals out there? Bonus points if you find the deal on Amazon and I can buy it through the Boneyard Amazon link to support Tom.

Reaction Score
I've had my TV for about three and a half years, and just a week or two back we turned it on one day and noticed a small piece of the screen had fallen out. We have a toddler, but we don't leave her in the living room by herself almost ever, so I don't think she hit it and broke the screen, although a small piece just falling out on its own seems very strange...

Either way, the TV is no longer under warranty, so I'm in the market for a new one. At least this happened around Black Friday, right? I'm looking for an entry to mid level 4k TV, preferably 50 inch (although 55 would work too). Don't want to spend more than $500 at the most, although I wouldn't be averse to a nice TV for less.

Anyone seen any good deals out there? Bonus points if you find the deal on Amazon and I can buy it through the Boneyard Amazon link to support Tom.
Take a look at TCL 625 series QLED. I have a top of the line Samsung in my living room and tcl in bedroom and the picture Is great on TCL is great for the price. It might come down around $500 for Black Friday. They make a 535 that has great reviews too. The Roku remote is simple and alot more user friendly than Samsung

Reaction Score
TCL is a great value in that price range. But definitely go with at least 60 inch. You'll regret it if you go smaller

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Your TV is 3 1/2 years old.
Every TV being sold today is better than what you had.

$500 can buy you almost everything you could want.

Truth be told 55-60 inch TV's are closer to $350 and that is without deals.

Oh yeah, for sure. I have a Hisense H7c that was an entry level 4k tv 4 years ago, so I know I'll definitely be happy with whatever I get.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I have this one in 75 inch but the 55" is under $500.

Reaction Score
Tcl 65in 428$ Wally world everyday price.perfect color out of the box,no fiddling around,happy with mine

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'm likely going TCL 6 series 65". Like the qled because I don't want to worry about burning that can happen on the OLED. Anyone have a better option?

Reaction Score
I appreciate that this board recognizes the greatness of TCL. We have two 75" 6 series TVs in the house and they are just magnificent beasts. Great brand, great product, great UI.

Reaction Score
I appreciate that this board recognizes the greatness of TCL. We have two 75" 6 series TVs in the house and they are just magnificent beasts. Great brand, great product, great UI.

Those have the built in Roku right? We have the new Chromecast with Google TV and I must say it is better than the Roku.

What do those TVs go for by chance?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

It's greatness is it's "Okayness" and a great price. No one is suggesting TCL's have the best features or quality, but they do what you need and are very wallet friendly. Perfect combo. It's a Toyota Camry.

Unless you are a big A/V kind of person and really pay attention to the quality differences, TV's are an easy, cheap upgrade. Everything you buy now is better than what was available 3-4 years ago.

Reaction Score
It's greatness is it's "Okayness" and a great price. No one is suggesting TCL's have the best features or quality, but they do what you need and are very wallet friendly. Perfect combo. It's a Toyota Camry.

Unless you are a big A/V kind of person and really pay attention to the quality differences, TV's are an easy, cheap upgrade. Everything you buy now is better than what was available 3-4 years ago.
This made me chuckle. TCL should brand themselves like that. “TCL, the Toyota Camry of TVs.”

I have one and I agree with that assessment. Far from the flashiest TV out there. But it’s solid and I haven’t had any issues with it yet and I’ve had mine for 2 years. Picture is good, Roku works well. Don’t really have any complaints really. You can feel confident in purchasing it at its price point. I’m sure in another few years I’ll be looking to upgrade to the next best thing, but for now it does what I need it to.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I should have qualified the remark, you are right. I'm not saying it's Sony / Samsung quality but it's pretty damn close for a shred of the price. A Toyota Camry is an apt comparison, well done.

Reaction Score
Also - with the new Roku update it plays nice with Air Play. Like many I've been incredibly irritated that HBO Max hasn't been added yet, but now you can get the HBO Max app on your phone and cast it with Air Play to the TV. There have been backdoor workarounds mentioned on various threads I've found on Google but this is a direct and seamless way.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This made me chuckle. TCL should brand themselves like that. “TCL, the Toyota Camry of TVs.”

I have one and I agree with that assessment. Far from the flashiest TV out there. But it’s solid and I haven’t had any issues with it yet and I’ve had mine for 2 years. Picture is good, Roku works well. Don’t really have any complaints really. You can feel confident in purchasing it at its price point. I’m sure in another few years I’ll be looking to upgrade to the next best thing, but for now it does what I need it to.

Another example of where technology or automation has eliminated a trade/skill. TV repairman is insignificant now. You shell out some money and if your TV breaks, it's either under warranty or you just buy a new one.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm likely going TCL 6 series 65". Like the qled because I don't want to worry about burning that can happen on the OLED. Anyone have a better option?
I have two 65” TCL’s. One in my bedroom and one in my finished basement. They’re both really good, I like them a lot.

Reaction Score
I have a 65” and 75” 6 series and there both great.. I have a 75 Samsung q80 also which is definitely a better picture and works great with side viewing but the TCL smart features are much more user friendly and seems to load faster also.. not to mention I could buy (2) TCL for the price of Samsung. If I have any complaint is speakers aren’t great and TCL doesn’t accept any other brand sound bar through Bluetooth. But that’s really the only downfall

Reaction Score
There is a TCL brand soundbar that I've heard good things about.. I agree about the sound quality / level but I've never been a big sound guy so taking that next step has never been a priority of mine.

Reaction Score
I have a 65” and 75” 6 series and there both great.. I have a 75 Samsung q80 also which is definitely a better picture and works great with side viewing but the TCL smart features are much more user friendly and seems to load faster also.. not to mention I could buy (2) TCL for the price of Samsung. If I have any complaint is speakers aren’t great and TCL doesn’t accept any other brand sound bar through Bluetooth. But that’s really the only downfall
There is a TCL brand soundbar that I've heard good things about.. I agree about the sound quality / level but I've never been a big sound guy so taking that next step has never been a priority of mine.
I’ve got a Blitzwolf soundbar I just hardwire to the TCL tv, works fine. I’m not a huge A/V nut or anything like that but I’d guess that most TVs just don’t have great speakers. At least adding a soundbar helps to fill the sound out. If I had a way bigger space to fill, I’d go surround sound and do it up right. But I’d say a TCL and soundbar is probably sufficient for most people.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Another example of where technology or automation has eliminated a trade/skill. TV repairman is insignificant now. You shell out some money and if your TV breaks, it's either under warranty or you just buy a new one.
@Rico444 - Unless things have changed (so do look things up to confirm), Costco automatically doubles the manufacturer's warranty, and if you want to go further, you can get Square Deal extended warranties at Costco's typically lower mark-up percentage.

Plus, they offer telephone support for setup.

And, oh yeah, no hassle returns for the first 90 days if you have buyer's remorse or determine that a different choice would suit you better.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’ve got a Blitzwolf soundbar I just hardwire to the TCL tv, works fine. I’m not a huge A/V nut or anything like that but I’d guess that most TVs just don’t have great speakers. At least adding a soundbar helps to fill the sound out. If I had a way bigger space to fill, I’d go surround sound and do it up right. But I’d say a TCL and soundbar is probably sufficient for most people.

I'm not a big A/V nut but agree with this. I'd rather get an average quality TV screen and spend the remaining money on a good sound bar or sound system.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big A/V nut but agree with this. I'd rather get an average quality TV screen and spend the remaining money on a good sound bar or sound system.
For what OP is looking for, I’d say they can definitely get a TCL and a soundbar for $500 or even under that and be plenty happy with the purchase.

It just comes down to preference. Some people want to go all out on the nicest TV and sound system for thousands, can’t blame them at all. For me, I’m plenty happy with an average 4K and soundbar, I’d guess most people fall within the latter group.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For what OP is looking for, I’d say they can definitely get a TCL and a soundbar for $500 or even under that and be plenty happy with the purchase.

It just comes down to preference. Some people want to go all out on the nicest TV and sound system for thousands, can’t blame them at all. For me, I’m plenty happy with an average 4K and soundbar, I’d guess most people fall within the latter group.

Took me about 30 seconds to type in and search for 50-59 inch TV's for under $500. 120hz refresh rate and a 2020 model year should give enough street cred if challenged by your buds on your purchase.

1605383139557.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom