Bilqis Abdul-Qaadir | The Boneyard

Bilqis Abdul-Qaadir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is now starting at memphis, averaging 29 minutes, 7 points, and 4 assists. she is not yet taking that many shots. memphis ,most recently, lost to st. johns by 4 in the final of the st. johns tourney, and beat seton hall by 9. she set a memphis record recently, making 24 straight free throws.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she broke Lobo's HS record (I think, or something of the such)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Abdul-Qadir is about 5-1, and while athletic, her size limited her ability to make space for herself to get her shot off. However, she plays with a fearless intensity that's invaluable in a point guard. She did set some Massachusetts records but, without taking anything away from the young lady, didn't play in a strong league and never played against any of the Central Mass powerhouse teams.

Reaction Score
When it comes to free-throw records, it doesn't matter who you play. lol

Reaction Score
Abdul-Qadir is about 5-1, and while athletic, her size limited her ability to make space for herself to get her shot off. However, she plays with a fearless intensity that's invaluable in a point guard. She did set some Massachusetts records but, without taking anything away from the young lady, didn't play in a strong league and never played against any of the Central Mass powerhouse teams.
she's 5-4, and, though the high school competition may not have been strong, she can play. i've caught a couple of her games on tv, and it looks at this point that she doesn't consider herself a scorer on that team. like any great scorer, she definitely knows how to get herself open. she doesn't play like someone who is just a scorer. she appears to have a great feel for the game, and for getting her mates involved. she's fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Good for her. She sure has been making noise in women's basketball. Just sharing this for insight, but things were quite different for a female Muslim basketball player just seven years ago at USF.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=1882485

It is unfortunate that this young lady's decision was met with such derision.

I seem to remember a similar sports-religion intersection back in the 60's when Sandy Koufax would not pitch during Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.

Reaction Score
It is unfortunate that this young lady's decision was met with such derision.

I seem to remember a similar sports-religion intersection back in the 60's when Sandy Koufax would not pitch during Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
Humans are humans. "Me, me, me, me, me, me...."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Religious intersections are not necessarily about me at all. They are most often about a sense of accountability to other, to God or neighbor.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I got to see Lil' Ali once in a high school game at Springfield College. She had many similarities
to Lorin Dixon....fast/quick/good handle. Her perimeter shot was 'unconventional' but she could play.
She missed her frosh year at Memphis due to [what else?] a torn ACL. Good to see a local Pioneer Valley kid
having success. Really smart....I think she is in pre-med.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom