Billy Donovan | The Boneyard

Billy Donovan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is Billy D playing the walk-on Kurtz all the time? It's a nice story that the kid earned a scholarship but he's pretty garbage, he missed some bunnies and isn't even a good ft shooter. I know some of the other kids have been a disappointment but you're not going to win many games with Kurt being a key player. Also I'm fine with missing out on another Murphy kid.

Reaction Score
Why is Billy D playing the walk-on Kurtz all the time? It's a nice story that the kid earned a scholarship but he's pretty garbage, he missed some bunnies and isn't even a good ft shooter. I know some of the other kids have been a disappointment but you're not going to win many games with Kurt being a key player. Also I'm fine with missing out on another Murphy kid.

Jay's kid Alex doesn't seem to be as good as Eric obviously and the younger one Tomas I think, is supposed to be the best, we'll see. But in Alex's defense he hardly ever played for K and then sat out another season basically so much like Rodney he will be up and down for now. He had a decent game in his first start but seems to have lost a little faith from Billy D for now. But yeah, he wouldn't seem to be a great fit for us but I'm sure of KO and the staff had him, he'd be fine.

Reaction Score
Nolan averages a rebound for every 10.1 minutes played, Kurtz gets one for every 4.4 minutes played. Not sure how well Kurtz flops however.

Nolan averages 3 wins in 2 + years over Florida and 1 National Championship while Kurtz's 1 rebound every 4.4 minutes has him going 0-3 vs UConn with no NC's to show for it in 2+..

I'll take Phil.:oops:

Reaction Score
Florida's front court is not very good. We should have dominated more down there. And what about Finney Smith. He shoots it better from 3 that the foul line.

Reaction Score
Florida's front court is not very good. We should have dominated more down there. And what about Finney Smith. He shoots it better from 3 that the foul line.

Problem is what do we have to dominate with? Quite honestly I'm guessing the same is being said about our front line going in to games. Facey needs to play better in these games and will eventually. AB did dominate the game in the 2nd half in the defensive paint and I'm good with him only getting 3 points if he gets 10 boards and stands in the way like that. For the most part we dominated as well as we could from our standpoint.

Reaction Score
It's a lot different without Young in their. He killed us inside.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Why did Jon Horford only play like 10 minutes ... I think he is pretty good and could be a difference maker for them.. Hes got a smooth stroke and size... He didnt play much against FSU either. He is def a double digit scorer

Reaction Score
It was not a case of Donovan being bad at all. He is a a very good one, in fact. Uconn just tightened up its defense in the last 10 minutes. Even Duke felt this for the most part without Amidah on the floor. Temple felt this especially . Except for miscommunications, the last few seconds in each of the Texas and Yale games could have given Uconn at least one more win. Donovan did not coach badly. He minimized Amida's touches by having him outpositioned a lot of times especially in the first half. In the 2nd half, Amidah was able to get into position a little more with ease but the Uconn guards failed to give him touches. But Uconn just defended so well leading to a low % shooting for the Gators.. And they outscored the Gators by 10 in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Nolan averages 3 wins in 2 + years over Florida and 1 National Championship while Kurtz's 1 rebound every 4.4 minutes has him going 0-3 vs UConn with no NC's to show for it in 2+..

I'll take Phil.:oops:
You'd have made a damn good lawyer, at least a street lawyer. This post made me laugh, good one. Not necessarily the facts but the justification.

Reaction Score
You'd have made a damn good lawyer, at least a street lawyer. This post made me laugh, good one. Not necessarily the facts but the justification.

Did I miss a fact dammit?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Why did Jon Horford only play like 10 minutes ... I think he is pretty good and could be a difference maker for them.. Hes got a smooth stroke and size... He didnt play much against FSU either. He is def a double digit scorer

Jon Horford has the same jump shot as my 67 year old father. Form is identical, it's uncanny.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

The same Horford who couldn't hit a three down the stretch? He has a very good stroke but throwing up threes like he did when they were ahead shows a lack of basketball intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom