• Better than AAC guys

Votes: 17 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
bill Walton and walt frazier should have done the nba allstar game--"The 2 Walts" brought to you by Dewalt.
clyde: "kemba droppin dimes tonite like donnie brasco, bill."
bill: "ya know walt, I remember when a dime bag really cost 10 bucks. .. hmm, that greek kid is really a big buck" big fun.

Reaction Score
Although I understand everyone's points, I stand by my original thought. I find it entertaining to listen to him during an insignificant PAC-12 game, but if he were doing UConn I don't know if I'd like that. Hope we can all agree though that there is nothing, and I can't stress this enough, nothing worse than Troy Aikman calling a Cowboys game..

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas went from one of the best to a guy I can't listen to at all, he's awful now. There's really not many left that are all that good, lead announcers or color guys. I hear what people are saying about Bill as far as game insight, it's not there I just get a kick out of him.

Thought I was the only one to think this. He is brutal. It angers me the second he opens his mouth now.

Reaction Score
Thought I was the only one to think this. He is brutal. It angers me the second he opens his mouth now.

He doesn't even get calls right anymore, pointing to fouls, charges etc etc..dreadful Dukie now he was never like this it's as if ESPN said change or you can change jobs. He seems to have an ESPN, Dukie V agenda now.

Reaction Score
I would not want him calling a UConn game, but he calls a lot of the pac-12 games, and living in Arizona, I do watch some of those games, but I don't care about those teams, so I actually find him entertaining, and a good laugh before going to bed.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
“Clifford Anderson”

Reaction Score
Two thumbs up on Bill. You are actually multiplexing your eyes and ears for entertainment by watching some competition and listening to the Big Lebowski.
Sports commentary on the big stage has been starting to make one think what's going on with the networks in their attempts to hold an audience. The way Romo was calling Patriot plays before they happen has to make one think if these telecasts are delayed, or if they are being fed mic'd personnel in the know just to ramp up the commentators for better ratings.

Reaction Score
He reminds me of those people who were once dead head hippies way back in the 60s and early 70s and slowly evolved into a whole foods yippie/boarderline yuppie type (aka aging hippie). He sounds so full of himself while at the same time just going off on these odd tangents (probably acid flashback inspired) from time to time/too often that can sometimes be kind of funny but also so irrelevant.

I've had a few landlords, teachers and met friends of my mom that were like that to a T...maybe once they were down to earth but now...ugh. Just kind of parodies of themselves.

With all the said, I don't hate him or even really dislike him but prefer to avoid him just the same if I can.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I can't stand him. I'd rather listen to a rusty nail scraping a chalkboard for the full game.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Walton is an insufferable, self-absorbed blowhard. He gets an automatic mute button in our house. A few years back, Arizona fans circulated a petition wanting him removed from all futue U of A broadcasts, and he's an unabashed shill for their team.

Reaction Score
193676_1964782760146_6122229_o.jpg

enjoyed meeting him here at the 2011 Final Four

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
There is an inverse relationship between your interest in the game and your enjoyment of Walton's commentary.
BTW, if anyone was watching the Viginia - VTech game...Bilas did a pretty good imitation of Walton.

Reaction Score
There is an inverse relationship between your interest in the game and your enjoyment of Walton's commentary.
BTW, if anyone was watching the Viginia - VTech game...Bilas did a pretty good imitation of Walton.
Bilas is into himself as a “TV personality” now as opposed to the measured and objective analyst he was most valued for

Half of what he does these days is critique officiating

Reaction Score
I would rather watch a dumpster fire in Peoria than listen to that borderline insane, mealy mouth, incoherent idiot spew on about stuff he knows nothing about.

Other than that he is just plain awful.

Reaction Score
How 63% of this thread likes listening to Bill Walton is beyond me. He is awful. Could be good for figure skating or something boring where he could alone make it worthwhile for the laugh.

Reaction Score
I would rather watch a dumpster fire in Peoria than listen to that borderline insane, mealy mouth, incoherent idiot spew on about stuff he knows nothing about.

Other than that he is just plain awful.
He knows nothing about basketball? All he did was win NPOY three times, and win two ships for one of the greatest college teams to ever play. And then he won two ships in the NBA. One happened to be for the '86 Celtics, one of the greatest teams to ever play. He was 6th man of the year that year...as a center. You can say you don't like his commentating but don't say he doesn't know anything about hooping.

Also every random fact he spits out is usually fact checked and right haha.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Walton loves basketball, that's for sure.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel like a few years ago when he was regularly doing high profile NBA games he was actually pretty good. Now that he’s buried in the relative obscurity of the PAC he just DGAF. If I’m just casually watching a game he’s a fun listen but when he did our games in the PK80 or Maui it was brutal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Walton's an absolute lunatic. The game needs more of those, not less. Let the big man dance!

Reaction Score
More negative posts than positive but the 63% speaks for itself. I like him, always have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom