Bill Self | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bill Self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For me self is a great coach but this can be the issue with starless teams. Selden and Ellis are both very good but neither is a star. When teams without a true go to have their backs against the wall it can be difficult. I'm not saying these teams can't win the team they just lost to also doesn't have a true star. All I'm saying is in single elimination it helps.(see 2011 and 2014)

Reaction Score
Unless a program like Kansas is paying their coach to win conference championships as a goal that line is pure crap
I wouldn't trade one NC for a dozen conference championship
To brag about conference championships at a "blue blood" program with a tournament record based on their seed is weak
Ellis was not good - for sure. But there were things that could have been done to counter the Nova's changing D but Kansas did not look comfortable most of the night. The way they played, they would have lost to many teams - there was not only a lack of passion but also a look of fear to lose in their eyes.
Hats off to Nova but I expected more from Kansas.

I'm no Kansas fan but I also didn't see any coaching issues with Self last night. They scored almost every single time out of timeouts. The problem is the players crumbled. Jay Wright has choked plenty of big games himself so something had to give. I'm just pissed I lost money on it. Bill is still a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom