Bill Self | The Boneyard

Bill Self

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
dont forget to add in all the off the court issues every year

Reaction Score
13 straight Big 12 championships, seven 1 seeds and one final 4, with a whole bunch of horrible losses. I'll take what we've got. Kansas fans are flipping out.
He really is an awful coach in crunch time. Constantly looks like a deer in the headlights. For all the stumbles that Dook and Cuse have had as high seeds, nobody has done less w more in the tourney than Kansas under Self. They can have their 13 conf championships in a row......the only time he's won the big one was against Calimari. On a prayer of a 3 pointer. I'd be pissed if I was a Kansas fan.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Hard to credit Self on in-game coaching, opponent-specific strategy and adjustments when he keeps doing this. Those are things that UConn squads, led by Calhoun an then Ollie, always do.

Here's more news - Calipari doesn't strategize and adjust very well, either. He just tells his 1 and done squad to play harder.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
bill self is the ultimate underachiever... the big 12 is the 6th best conference. winning 13 straight titles does say much about kansas...

Reaction Score
The only thing Kansas has over Uconn is they are in a much better conference (obviously)...and....Not sure what else? Maybe more history, if that actually counts for anything (doubtful).

Though that one thing Kansas actually has over Uconn is HUGE (recruits).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
13 straight Big 12 championships, seven 1 seeds and one final 4, with a whole bunch of horrible losses. I'll take what we've got. Kansas fans are flipping out.
boeheim, coach k, roy williams, pitino, (gtown already), indiana just got a coach, TEXAS are all going to go through serious turmoil or will be soon when their coaches call it quits... our coach and university are set up perfectly.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Let's be serious. Yes completely underachieving in the post season but there is no one here that wouldn't want to emulate their recruiting and regular season success
then they should be in the FF more than what, twice? the big 12 is the 5/6th best conference... doesnt say much about kansas... they also have off the court issues that get ignored every year

Reaction Score
boeheim, coach k, roy williams, pitino, (gtown already), indiana just got a coach, TEXAS are all going to go through serious turmoil or will be soon when their coaches call it quits... our coach and university are set up perfectly.

It's a good time to have a young established coach. Hopefully Ollie rights the ship and it will be recruits galore in a few years.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's a good time to have a young established coach. Hopefully Ollie rights the ship and it will be recruits galore in a few years.
exactly

Reaction Score
Kansas is a #1 seed like every year, Arizona isn't. I think Miller is a much better coach than Self, but he does need to get over the hump soon.

Agree, but both definitely underachieve.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I wouldn't trade my memories with a Kansas fan, but would trade futures.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom