Bilas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bilas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder if Bilas actually does less prep work than he used to or it it just seems that way since he's less familiar with our program now, being assigned to primarily ACC games.

I feel like I've noticed it in games featuring non-UCONN teams as well but its hard to tell if its a confirmation bias and I'm being harder on him since he set a high bar. I actually like Welch now. He knows the team very well and seems fair, and has now for the past 3 or 4 years. In the past he seemed to almost hold a grudge against UCONN for whatever reason - maybe Calhoun.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I feel like I've noticed it in games featuring non-UCONN teams as well but its hard to tell if its a confirmation bias and I'm being harder on him since he set a high bar. I actually like Welch now. He knows the team very well and seems fair, and has now for the past 3 or 4 years. In the past he seemed to almost hold a grudge against UCONN for whatever reason - maybe Calhoun.

Ha, ya think? JC rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Which I loved.

Not a soul on earth dislikes KO. Which I also love.

Reaction Score
When Tim Welsh was at Providence, I did not like him at all. He seemed like a stuck up jerk. Once he got the job as an analyst for SNY I really started to like him. SNY is basically our home network so Welsh has spent a lot of time around the program over the last 4-5 years or so. I would go out on a limb and say he knows more about the UConn program today compared to any other analyst. This probably will not be a popular post, but I always got the impression that Welsh has great respect for JC, KO, and the UConn program in general.

Reaction Score
In general I like Bilas, but his criticism of the officiating drives me crazy sometimes.

Unless you want to learn tolerance then I suggest you avoid the chatroom.

Reaction Score
Is Dickie "Hot like fire" Simpkins still doing games? The greates color guy outside of Bill Walton.
I know. I love that dude!

Googling tells me he's a Hornets scout right now. That's a bummer (for us). He's also a motivational speaker. Might have to go catch one of those.
When all is said and done, Dickey Simpkins was one of the best. He was a goof who made the games more fun! Google says he is a scout for the Charlotte Bobcats.
Caught the Creighton game on FS1 tonight at the gym. Simpkins was on the call, so it looks like he is still doing Big East games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom