Bilas: Where UConn ranks with a threepeat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bilas: Where UConn ranks with a threepeat

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not quite. We won 6 of last 25 tournaments played. There was no tourney in 2020. 6 in 26 years but 6/25 tournaments

Not true. UConn has won six out of their past 17 tournaments.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I know I'm in the minority, but the threepeat talk makes me cringe. Play one game at a time.
Ditto. We have pretty much a new team. Obviously a 3 peat would be great, but that is getting way, way ahead of ourselves. I am old and maybe i should try Prevagen but a year and a half ago half this board wanted to dump Hurley.

Reaction Score
Ditto. We have pretty much a new team. Obviously a 3 peat would be great, but that is getting way, way ahead of ourselves. I am old and maybe i should try Prevagen but a year and a half ago half this board wanted to dump Hurley.
That's not how Hurley operates, he was talking up back to back constantly despite losing three starters. I love it, most importantly his players seem to love it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That's not how Hurley operates, he was talking up back to back constantly despite losing three starters. I love it, most importantly his players seem to love it.
And that proves what?

Reaction Score
What does “numerically” mean?
Numerically means "involving or expressed in numbers." It refers to situations or processes that are related to numerical values or calculations. So like how much per hour you bill or how many years between chips. :D

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Numerically means "involving or expressed in numbers." It refers to situations or processes that are related to numerical values or calculations. So like how much per hour you bill or how many years between chips. :D
Gee, thanks. Who knew.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That proves that this is the way Hurley operates his program. He’s not running from expectations he’s creating unimaginably high expectations. If he’s gonna operate that way can’t get on fans for following his lead
Yeah, I guess it proves what the record will be next year. Of course it would be great if the can do it again. He isn’t the only coach with a very positive attitude. Who blames fans for being fans? @superjohn quoted my post that only said let’s not get ahead of ourselves with his non sequitur answer about Hurley’s mindset. One has zero to do with the other. I love Hurley’s attitude.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I guess it proves what the record will be next year. Of course it would be great if the can do it again. He isn’t the only coach with a very positive attitude. Who blames fans for being fans? @superjohn quoted my post that only said let’s not get ahead of ourselves with his non sequitur answer about Hurley’s mindset. One has zero to do with the other. I love Hurley’s attitude.
He's the only coach who has backed up his expectations. It would be weird if he all of a sudden didn't have expectations of winning it all with the roster we have. It's not a rebuilding roster, we're loaded again.

Doesn't mean we'll do it again, it's incredibly difficult to do but it would be worrisome if all of a sudden he was shying away from his goals for the team.

The three-peat talk makes you cringe. It makes me extremely excited about trying to win another one.

Reaction Score
You love Hurleys attitude so you say, but part of his attitude is the 3 peat talk.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You love Hurleys attitude so you say, but part of his attitude is the 3 peat talk.
And how many wins do we have next season so far? Honest to god, some people can’t have two thoughts at the same time. Do you know what a non sequitur is? Peace and love.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow. You have to wonder what makes this posters just decide to go off and be jackasses for sustained number of posts.

Reaction Score
Hurley would be incredibly disappointed in himself if he didn't think a threepeat was very possible. The program is excellent in all facets. Basically unmatched anywhere else. Staff, recruiting, chemistry, attitude, talent, conditioning, crowd support, ...all are excellent. Why wouldn't he expect to have a contender?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Hurley would be incredibly disappointed in himself if he didn't think a threepeat was very possible. The program is excellent in all facets. Basically unmatched anywhere else. Staff, recruiting, chemistry, attitude, talent, conditioning, crowd support, ...all are excellent. Why wouldn't he expect to have a contender?

I never said it wasn't an achievable goal. But as someone said earlier in this thread, a year and a half ago many were calling for Hurley to be fired. Many of the very same people are now calling for a threepeat.

It's an achievable goal, but it shouldn't dominate the conversation. My guess is Hurley agrees.

Reaction Score
I hope people aren’t too disappointed to win 27 games or whatever and lose in the tourney. I’m mentally prepared for it. I just love being bad ass again.

Reaction Score
Dan is a proponent of visualizing future successes through hard work and self-belief. His Dad had similar attitudes. He is knocking on the door of some extraordinary coaching achievements for modern day CBB. It would be inconsistent for him not to believe a threepeat is possible based on his DNA. He will give it his best shot until or if the opportunity has been taken from him.

Reaction Score
And how many wins do we have next season so far? Honest to god, some people can’t have two thoughts at the same time. Do you know what a non sequitur is? Peace and love.
I don’t think you get Hurley and how he operates. Goals like this help him and he doesn’t mind sharing the goal in public. Sorry it doesn’t make you feel good but it sets the goal and focus of the entire organization and it seems to be working.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I know I'm in the minority, but the threepeat talk makes me cringe. Play one game at a time.
Right. It’s a great goal to have. But I don’t think it should be considered a failure if we didn’t win a championship either. As long as we play hard, compete, and guys play well and get better I’m happy.

Don’t think this squad is like the last 2. But if we make a sweet 16 it’s something everyone should still be proud of.

It’s going to take a lot more to win this year without the presence of Clingan. Still don’t think he gets enough credit for how impactful he was over these last 2 years, especially from the media.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom