Bilas: Where UConn ranks with a threepeat | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bilas: Where UConn ranks with a threepeat

Reaction Score
We have won 5 of the last 25 tournaments. 6 of the last 26. To say we have won 6 tournaments in the last 25 years is the equivalent of saying that we have won 2 tournaments in the past year.
No it is not

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Ditto. We have pretty much a new team. Obviously a 3 peat would be great, but that is getting way, way ahead of ourselves. I am old and maybe i should try Prevagen but a year and a half ago half this board wanted to dump Hurley.
It almost doesn’t matter we have a completely different squad, because so does pretty much everyone else. What we also have is undisputedly the best coaching staff in the country in X & Os, attention to detail, and physical & mental conditioning.

I almost fully expect another dominating season, and until a few non-Big East teams prove they can prepare for us on short notice, another title in April.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It almost doesn’t matter we have a completely different squad, because so does pretty much everyone else. What we also have is undisputedly the best coaching staff in the country in X & Os, attention to detail, and physical & mental conditioning.

I almost fully expect another dominating season, and until a few non-Big East teams prove they can prepare for us on short notice, another title in April.

doomed oh no GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Reaction Score
No. It will eventually doom the program. Staying in the BE is one of worst of our very bad choices.
There’s no guarantee that the Big12 will be around in 2031 when UConn will finally be accepted as a full member.

Nobody knows * about the landscape of college athletics two years from now, never mind 7. My guess is that only the Big 10 and SEC will exist in 2031. I mean, who thought three years ago that the PAC 10/12 would become extinct.

Stay in the Big East, they’ll still be around in 2031.

Reaction Score
We should be in the ACC. Best for everyone .I hope Danny can use his influence to get us in.

Reaction Score
There’s no guarantee that the Big12 will be around in 2031 when UConn will finally be accepted as a full member.

Nobody knows * about the landscape of college athletics two years from now, never mind 7. My guess is that only the Big 10 and SEC will exist in 2031. I mean, who thought three years ago that the PAC 10/12 would become extinct.

You just said your guess is only the Big 10 and SEC will exist in 2031 and then say the Big East will be around in 2031.

Reaction Score
I know I'm in the minority, but the threepeat talk makes me cringe. Play one game at a time.
I hear you about the one game at a time thing don’t get to high and don’t get too low. Didn’t you cringe when you heard Hurley talking about being bullet proof thinking it would provide bulletin board material for our opponents, quotes have no bearing on the outcome of games. If Hurleys quotes make you cringe that’s fine too.

I do think it’s cool of the fact that we’re going for 3 in a row im still enjoying the hell out of winning back to back and I do prefer not to talk about a threepeat and just take one day at a time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

True. But those teams will be in much better shape than the BE which will be the A10 by then.

Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
It was Tom who said it makes him cringe, not me And i said i like Hurley's attitude. All i ever said is let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Very simple and it seems some have a hard time with getting that. We are all on the same side.
The issue is you're not trolling for likes.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The issue is you're not trolling for likes.
Hmm. I just liked your post. :)There are a few people who act dense on purpose because they don’t feel comfortable not toeing the sports bar line.

Reaction Score
No. It will eventually doom the program. Staying in the BE is one of worst of our very bad choices.
The Big East had / hasn’tit in their power to make it more difficult for us to leave . Apparently the ACC is doing that for FSU or something even more innovative.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If you think the word “numerical” needs definition, you are 3 years old. Context is everything.
Please consider that many people offer and/or receive information and opinions quite differently, and assumptions toward or against self-claimed obvious particular expressions or interpretations often create confusion or conflicts rather than clarity.

For example, I would currently bet heavily against my 33-month old granddaughter comprehending either "context," or "definition," let alone the word "numerical" itself within the next 3-15 months. I'm startled the you would seem to think otherwise, and with such confidence.

I'd welcome your explanation of what you are genuinely seeking to convey, lest I simply label your efforts a failed joke or even a joke upon a joke.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Please consider that many people offer and/or receive information and opinions quite differently, and assumptions toward or against self-claimed obvious particular expressions or interpretations often create confusion or conflicts rather than clarity.

For example, I would currently bet heavily against my 33-month old granddaughter comprehending either "context," or "definition," let alone the word "numerical" itself within the next 3-15 months. I'm startled the you would seem to think otherwise, and with such confidence.

I'd welcome your explanation of what you are genuinely seeking to convey, lest I simply label your efforts a failed joke or even a joke upon a joke.
Um, if you look at what I quoted or was referring to, as in “context” when I made the “numerical” comment, I feel certain that even you and other 3 year olds like you might make a wild guess that I was tongue in cheek. Google “tongue in cheek”, hyphenated or not. This has more legs by 3 posts than warranted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom