Bigs Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bigs Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jaker said:
ok, I forgot about CV, Boone was pretty good. Hilton played along side a bunch of great players so we was given a lot of easy gifts and drop off. I thinking about a bonnafide center with a low post game. But to be fair, there have not been many lately in college hoops.

CV has basically been a three-pointer shooter in the NBA, so he's not really in the Okafor mold either. It's just hard to find guys like Okafor, except the one and dones. Like the other Okafor.

Reaction Score
Why would I say AD was going to be at a game unless I had reason to expect it.

That's not what makes it ridiculous, that you said "he was going to be at at the game."

What makes it ridiculous is that you were purporting to describe in real time what you were observing him doing at a game when he was a thousand miles away. There's a difference. One is an unanticipated change of plans, the other is you getting caught just making things up. And that is why you sound so absurd.

Reaction Score
Do

Don't you think the coaching staff goes over this time and time again. Don't you think that Ollie has said a thousand times that when the ball goes up to "hit" someone, box out, before going for the rebound. Don't you think the coaches have spent hours with Purvis and others on shooting free throws. Brimah can not be taken seriously as a center until he gains 30lbs. Facey needs to gain 20lbs.
I really can't understand why Brimah turns his back and rolls slowly to the basket and not present himself for a jumper..

That's not what I was talking about. I was specifically talking about the jump hook when he has his back/shoulder against the defender. He has not improved, he continues to remain flat footed on his release.

Reaction Score
We have not had a good big man since okafor IMO. AD should have been better, but was too busy counting NBA $$. We were lucky to get what we did out of Thabeet.
This post is 100% wrong but people have beat me to pointing that out but anyway...... We don't need a big to come here and be an Okafor we need a big here that can rebound, post up and catch the ball on a consistant basis, with our history of good back courts we need big men who can do the dirty work, doesn't need to be spectacular just needs to do the job. IMO an Oriakhi type player alongside a shot blocker would do wonders for this team.

Reaction Score
We have not had a good big man since okafor IMO. AD should have been better, but was too busy counting NBA $$. We were lucky to get what we did out of Thabeet.
You need to go to uconnhuskygames.com (plug for tcf15) and watch Thabeet's junior year. He was a dominant big man.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bull. Miller is a good coach, he's kind of like George Blaney in training. Andre LaFleur was so underrated here, despite what happened in his ending years. He was a top notch recruiter and bigs coach.

Reaction Score
This post is 100% wrong but people have beat me to pointing that out but anyway. We don't need a big to come here and be an Okafor we need a big here that can rebound, post up and catch the ball on a consistant basis, with our history of good back courts we need big men who can do the dirty work, doesn't need to be spectacular just needs to do the job. IMO an Oriakhi type player alongside a shot blocker would do wonders for this team.

Or even a shot blocker along side a Greek big kid? ;)

Reaction Score
Bull. Miller is a good coach, he's kind of like George Blaney in training. Andre LaFleur was so underrated here, despite what happened in his ending years. He was a top notch recruiter and bigs coach.

Yep, Miller is a good coach. Many guys were just really good assistants and didn't make it as head coaches, MANY. Roberts, Heath, Leitao, Flint, Tony Saprano (the UK guy?) etc etc etc

C

Chief00

California instead of Connecticut is 3,000 miles of miscommunication. And you are catching crap for pretending to be Drummond's best friend, not because you said he would be there and he wasn't.
I believe he was in Oakland MI not Oakland CA - so based on you being wrong about that I have a license to start all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories.

Reaction Score
I believe he was in Oakland MI not Oakland CA - so based on you being wrong about that I have a license to start all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories.

Chief, you made this same OP last year. You make this same OP every year. We've won multiple titles since Clyde left. Let it go.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
selles said:
Chief, you made this same OP last year. You make this same OP every year. We've won multiple titles since Clyde left. Let it go.

Chiefs been beating the Clyde drum for a decade now. It's kinda a running joke here, but you know what? He's not wrong. We developed some big men who were not highly ranked in Clydes short time here:

Okafor
Armstrong
Boone

All got way better than originally expected.

Reaction Score
Chiefs been beating the Clyde drum for a decade now. It's kinda a running joke here, but you know what? He's not wrong. We developed some big men who were not highly ranked in Clydes short time here:

Okafor
Armstrong
Boone

All got way better than originally expected.

"HO" hum :oops:

Reaction Score
I think we need a new assistant coach for recruiting. We arent getting it done on the receuting end with the big men that is.

What drives me crazy about Brimah is that he goes for every block and goes for every pump fake. Dont leave your feet your 7 feet tall!! Emeka and Thabeet hardly went for the pump fake which made them great shot blockers.

Reaction Score
I have avoided focusing on one of a few elephants in t room because some of the players are really soccer players not basketball players and they are young, etc.
I also think Miller is a decent coach but one thing he is not is a Bigs coach. Quite frankly, I see little or any progress with the Bigs so now we move a 3 to a 4. After this season some staff changes are painfully obvious. Miller has not proven to be any kind of recruiter and he doesn't develop bigs. I think he does a decent job scouting. But the parts don't add up to Associate Head Coach.
Hobbs I would keep but he might leave anyways but after that I would seriously evaluate are they the right guys you need to support KO and make the team better?

When you win an NC and not one assistant is apparently made a head coach offer it tells you something.
Best bigs coach at Uconn Clyde Vaughn..played it well coached it well! Didn't end so well.

Reaction Score
Is KFree allowed to work with the guys in practice or is his roll purely on the administration side? I find it hard to believe he couldn't teach these guys how to box out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom