Biggest UConn upset with a win....... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Biggest UConn upset with a win.......

Reaction Score
the nice thing was that it spelled the end of Charlie Weis.

At the coaches banquet on that Friday at ND, many of their fans told me they hoped we'd win so Charlie would be gone

Reaction Score
At the coaches banquet on that Friday at ND, many of their fans told me they hoped we'd win so Charlie would be gone

most were hoping that it would finally be the end. It became pretty obvious that the end was near when it was announced by Swarbrick right after the game that Charlie would do no more recruiting for ND. His firing was announced the next week. Then he move on to Kansas for an instant reply of his time at ND.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think people understand the meaning of the word "upset". Notre Dame was a 6 point favorite in that 2009 game, so UConn's win was hardly a big upset.

Iowa State has to be the biggest upset in terms of point spread. UConn was an 18.5 point underdog in that game.

Reaction Score
Probably. Best win though was Notre Dame at South Bend especially since it was the first win after Jazz was murdered.

Still get goosebumps from that moment, and the UCONN cheer while watching Weis sing their alma mater song.

Reaction Score
Winning at Louisville in OT in 2012. They were ranked & had Teddy Bridgewater. We had Coach PeePee.

Best moment though was winning at ND. Unforgettable game.

Reaction Score
Winning at Louisville in OT in 2012. They were ranked & had Teddy Bridgewater. We had Coach PeePee.

Best moment though was winning at ND. Unforgettable game.

Yea that was a pretty big one. Diaco's home wins against Houston and UCF.

Most of the other ones being mentioned I wouldn't really consider major upsets. Some of them were surprising but in hindsight we were just underrated going into the game and/or beat a team that was overrated going into the game.

Reaction Score
I mean are you looking to go strictly by point spread? If so just do the research and look it up.

But if you're allowed to put emotion into it, it will always be the victory at Notre Dame. After Jasper's death and the idea that in 7 or 8 years we are football program good enough to go into hallowed football grounds and win....It's just ridiculous to think about.

I feel bad for anyone who wasn't there. One of the top 5 moments in UConn sports history, without a doubt.

Maybe someone should show Ed Cooley that Edsall interview with the UConn chants echoing all around the stadium.

Reaction Score
Though we were better than our record that year, beating WVU was the biggest upset. I was beginning to believe we would never beat them. And the stakes involved, I have to pick this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom